Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 19: April - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the Queen of spain and the whole Royal of spain I think that the work and the events of spain are wonderful for their country. Letizia is very beautiful and has the whole future in front of here and can participate in many wonderful events.

LaChicaMadrilena said:
According to casareal they won't have any activities in the following week, so maybe they will go to Mallorca soon...:eek: Is it in tradition of Royal Family to announce when they go to holiday or do they just appear there and everyone know it?

One is in the habit of publicizing the day that the Kings come to Palma in the summer vacations, but not what does the rest of the family. The vacations of Holy Week are short (more this year with so many activity) so probably up to the next week they will not say that day the Kings come, if they say it.;)

http://www.lne.es/secciones/noticia.jsp?pIdNoticia=393580&pIdSeccion=31&pNumEjemplar=1239

The Princes let for more ahead the visit to Covadonga to offer to their daughter to the Santina

The Archbishopric has not received any official notification of the House of the King which Princes de Asturias take advantage of their visit to the region, next day 19, to travel with their daughter Leonor to the sanctuary of Covadonga to offer to the girl to the Santina. "I have not had any news of the Royal Family", assured Osoro yesterday. Felipe de Borbón and his wife, Letizia, have predicted to inaugurate a congress of Latin American televisions, grouped in the OTI, day 19, an act that forms part of the program of commemorations of 25.º anniversary of the Foundation "Prince of Asturias". To offer to the children to the Virgin of Covadonga soon after being born is a custom arraigadísima in Asturias, with which the Princes Don Felipe and Doña Letizia have showed that they want to fulfill.

-------------------------------------------------------------
The newspaper continues committing the same error, because the meeting is of Eurovision (UER) not of the OTI.

http://es.celebrities.yahoo.com/10042006/4/principes-asturias-reciben-caceres-calor-numeroso-grupo-esperaba-pesar-amenaza.html

The Princes of Asturias receive in Caceres the heat of a numerous group that was waiting in spite of the threat of rain

MADRID (EUROPE PRESS) The Princes of Asturias, Don Felipe and Dona Leticia, received on Friday in Caceres numerous samples of fondness, so much of the attendees to the National I Congreso of the Reading, as of a numerous group of natives of Caceres for that hoped up to the exit of Their Highnesses, under a sky that it was threatening rain.

The princess Doña Leticia, with a suit of trousers and Levite in tones salmon, and the prince Don Felipe, with a dark blue suit combined with a green tie, they broke the protocol and went to the multitude that was waiting after the safety fence in the Cultural Complex For San Francisco of Caceres, where this congress was celebrated from the last Wednesday.

The natives of Caceres seized this opportunity to show their fondness to the Princes of Asturias and they did not hesitate to reduce hands and to distribute kisses during any more than one quarter of hour.

From the court of a nearby college, the children vitoreaban to Don Felipe de Borbón and Dona Leticia Ortiz, who corresponded to them with a greeting that provoked a gabble between the smallest before they were leaving the enclosure in their official car.

There treats itself about the third party visit that the Princes of Asturias realize to Estremadura, after previously they were visiting Guadalupe and Merida. In all the occasions it has been a question as events related to the culture or the science, as this National Congress of Reading that has congregated in the capital cacereña to more than 400 experts in the topic.

Last edited:
I think Felipe and Letizia have broken TRF's records for threads: 30? they really work a lot!:rolleyes: :D

http://www.lne.es/secciones/noticia.jsp?pIdNoticia=393833&pIdSeccion=46&pNumEjemplar=1240

The assembly of Eurovisión, first act of the Princes in Oviedo after being parents

Don Felipe and Doña Letizia will arrive the next Wednesday, day 19, to inaugurate the meeting of 150 Oviedo televisions. Princes de Asturias will inaugurate the assembly of the Association of European Public Televisions, Eurovisión, next day 19, in an act that will be celebrated in the hotel of Reconquista to the 20,15 hours of afternoon.

Don Felipe and Doña Letizia will in the morning arrive at the capital from the Principality that same day to last hour. First institutional visit to the Principality will be his after the birth of its first-born, Infant Leonor. More than 150 television networks of near one hundred countries they will be represented in the encounter, that will be celebrated days 20 and 21. Eurovisión, that celebrated in 2004 its golden wedding, is integrated by the public televisions which they comprise of the European Union of Radiotelevisio'n (UER), that, at the present time, counts on 72 members of 52 countries of Europe, North Africa and Near East, as well as 49 associated member of other 28 countries. The BBC of United Kingdom, the RAI of Italy, ZDF and ARD of Germany and the TVE is some of the chains that will be. The Spanish was the means in which Doña Letizia worked before contracting marriage with the Prince.

------------------------------------------------------------------

:rolleyes: Oh!!! at last, they are correct information abaut meeting of tvs. :D :D

Last edited:
http://www.fpa.es
T.R.H. THE PRINCE AND PRINCESS OF ASTURIAS TO CHAIR OPENING CEREMONY OF XII EUROVISION ASSEMBLY.
The event will be held at 8.15 p.m. on Wednesday, April 19th at Oviedo's Hotel de la Reconquista.
T.R.H. the Prince and Princess of Asturias are to chair the inauguration ceremony of the XII Assembly of the European Broadcasting Union, Eurovision, which will be held on the 19th, 20th and 21st April in Oviedo, coinciding with UNESCO-backed events to celebrate the XXV Anniversary of the Prince of Asturias Awards. The ceremony will be held on Wednesday, 19th April, starting at 8.15 p.m. in the Chapel of the Hotel de la Reconquista.

On the final day of its XI Assembly in April 2005, the European Broadcasting Union, Eurovision, agreed to hold the following annual meeting -the one to be held next week- in Asturias, in recognition of the cultural work carried out by the Prince of Asturias Foundation over the last twenty-five years.

Spain is hosting the assembly for the first time, and Eurovision thereby ratifies its support for the Prince of Asturias Awards, which were acknowledged in 2004 by the seventy-plus European public television services in the organisation as being "a highly newsworthy event". European television's choice of Asturias is a major boost for the international reputation of the Awards. Previous venues have included Oslo, Amsterdam and Budapest.
This assembly and the upcoming Ibero-American Television Organisation's assembly scheduled for 2007 in Oviedo will mean that leaders of over 150 television networks from over 100 countries will have met in Oviedo in a single year in acknowledgement of the outstanding role that the Prince of Asturias Awards have played in disseminating mankind's supreme cultural values.

Image Logo of XII Assembly of the Association

Attachments

• Eurovision.jpg
    Eurovision.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
I have to say Im glad to read more about this event because I thought it was the Eurovision Song Contest they were attendning which I thought seemed an unusual choice of event to attend:eek:

Lets hope they bring Leonor to the Chappel:)

Larzen said:
I have to say Im glad to read more about this event because I thought it was the Eurovision Song Contest they were attendning which I thought seemed an unusual choice of event to attend:eek:

Lets hope they bring Leonor to the Chappel:)

I have laughed very much with your thoughts.

To use the word Eurovision has confusions. Really it is the agreement between the public European televisions and not only the contest of the song. What is celebrated in Oviedo is the annual meeting of the managerial of all the televisions.

They have never taken Leonor to an act, and not if they will take her to this trip. For if there is confusion I am going to clarify a thing. The chapel or lounge Covadonga of the Hotel of the Reconquest, it is not Covadonga's Basilica, they are two different things. The Hotel was a former hospice for children and had a chapel today turned into lounge , and which have been called Covadonga.

(Photos fon vivirasturias and cover)

Reconquist Hotel. Chapel Covadonga

Basilica of Covadonga

lula said:
For if there is confusion I am going to clarify a thing. The chapel or lounge Covadonga of the Hotel of the Reconquest, it is not Covadonga's Basilica, they are two different things. The Hotel was a former hospice for children and had a chapel today turned into lounge , and which have been called Covadonga.
Lula, what would we do without you and your knowledge of simply everything?:)
And Covadonga monastery is a really nice place, it looks as it was taken from a fairy-tale:)

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Lula, what would we do without you and your knowledge of simply everything?:)
And Covadonga monastery is a really nice place, it looks as it was taken from a fairy-tale:)

Here you have more photos;)

Reconquist Hotel

http://www.vivirasturias.com/asturias/turismo-rural/6713/13731/0/hotel-de-la-reconquista/index.html

Covadonga

http://www.vivirasturias.com/asturias/turismo-rural/1117/2539/0/basilica-de-santa-maria-la-real-de-covadonga/index.html

http://www.vivirasturias.com/asturias/turismo-rural/1164/2633/0/santa-cueva/index.html

Lula said:
:)
Lula said:
To use the word Eurovision has confusions. Really it is the agreement between the public European televisions and not only the contest of the song. What is celebrated in Oviedo is the annual meeting of the managerial of all the televisions.
Yes I know about eurovision, but sometimes things gets lost in translation between spanish and english and really I did not think much when I read it just though hmm eurovision, are they going to that cheesy song contest, very unusal choice for them:D

lula said:
The chapel or lounge Covadonga of the Hotel of the Reconquest, it is not Covadonga's Basilica, they are two different things. The Hotel was a former hospice for children and had a chapel today turned into lounge , and which have been called Covadonga.
I ofcourse did not think they would bring Leonor to the act (not the singing contest and deffently not the meeting:D )
But are the Basilica not in the same city as the hotel, is there no chance they would make a seperate visit to the Basilica with Leonor when they are in town so to speak. The Basilica is beautiful, thanks for the pics

Last edited:
Larzen said:
But are the Basilica not in the same city as the hotel, is there no chance they would make a seperate visit to the Basilica with Leonor when they are in town so to speak. The Basilica is beautiful, thanks for the pics

They are not in the same city, the Hotel is in Oviedo, and the Basilica of Covadonga to 1 hour of distance in car approximately. The Basilica is more near the house of the grandmother of Letizia in Sardeu.
The bishop has said that he does not have information.
Perhaps they wait and they take Leonor to Covadonga after going to Atocha. ;)

Last edited:
http://www.diariosigloxxi.com/noticia.php?ts=20060411182410

The Princes of Asturias will receive on April 18 a book on the life of the Empress Leonor of Austria

Draft / EP
The Princes of Asturias, don Felipe and dona Letizia, will receive next April 18 in the course of a hearing the copy of the book of the XVIIIth century " Life and Virtues of the Empress Leonor of Austria ", dedicated to the first-born one of both.

There will be present at the hearing the presidents of all the Unions of Spanish Booksellers of Old and the persons in charge of the Portal of Bookshops in Internet www.librerosdeviejo.com, in that there are grouped at present the funds of 120 Spanish and foreign bookshops.

" Life and Heroic Virtues of the Augustissima Emperatriz Leonor Magdalena Theresa. Dedicated to Her Highness Serenissima the Princess of Asturias (Granddaughter of the August Empress) " was edited by the first time in Madrid in 1734 by the inheritors of Francisco del Hierro.

lula said:

They have never taken Leonor to an act, and not if they will take her to this trip. For if there is confusion I am going to clarify a thing. The chapel or lounge Covadonga of the Hotel of the Reconquest, it is not Covadonga's Basilica, they are two different things. The Hotel was a former hospice for children and had a chapel today turned into lounge , and which have been called Covadonga.
What was the event?? I'm lost :confused: Does it has something to do with the Eurovision songfestival

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Robijn said:
What was the event?? I'm lost :confused: Does it has something to do with the Eurovision songfestival
Hello, Princess Robjin! It's confusing, when you're not able to read the articles in its original language, isn't it? Well, let me try to explain.

Eurovision is simply the association of all the public broadcasters in Europe. The event Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia are to attent next April 19th, in Oviedo, is the inauguration of XII Congress of this Association (Eurovision).

It has nothing to do with the famous song contest.

That's a beautiful basilica. It looks like the Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland. Can you get married there? Perhaps they should've chosen this instead of the Almudena in Madrid.

planetcher said:
That's a beautiful basilica. It looks like the Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland. Can you get married there? Perhaps they should've chosen this instead of the Almudena in Madrid.

Unfortunately, the Prince was forced to marry in Madrid, and almost obliged to marry in the Almudena because it was the new cathedral of the city and somehow they had reserved it for him. But I believe that many Spanish agree in that the Almudena is the ugliest cathedral of Spain; there are hundreds of cathedrals and churches much nicer .:(
The people can marry in Covadonga, in Asturias is a very traditional place to marry; for the meaning of the Virgin and because and it is a wonderful place surrounded with nature and mountains.

Does anybody know when the cp-couple will go to their easter vacations to mallorca? and do you think we will see princess leonor again?

They are already in Mallorca.... I have no idea when we are going to see little Leonor again

a little bit late, but just wanted to say that i definetely loved letizia's last outfits, her outfit for lerida, in the aiguestortes park with the green scarf and the repeated coat she used for the prince of asturias and cerecedo awards, i was looking forward to see it again!

http://www.mallorcadiario.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15401&Itemid=48

Letizia and Felipe will receive to the booksellers of Majorca mallorcadiario.com Wednesday, 12 April 2006 PALM. - The booksellers who participate in the Fair of Old Libro and of Occasion that from the past day 9 is celebrated in the Mercy of Palm will be received next day 18 by Princes de Asturias. The appointment will take place in the Palace of the Zarzuela, located in Madrid, according to have informed sources into the Consell of Majorca. GIFTS OF BAPTISM FOR LEONOR A trip that the Majorcan booksellers will take advantage of to flatter Princes de Asturias. The group has predicted to give to Don Felipe and Doña Letizia a unit of the book ` Life and virtues of the empress Leonor de Austriá, a work of century XVIII, for Infant Leonor, as baptism gift. The spokesman of the booksellers and director of the vestibule of bookstores in Internet www.librosdeviejo.com, Felipe Carlos Dark Martinez, has explained the person in charge of Culture of the Consell, Dolça Mulet, the program of this next visit. In addition, he has flattered it with the volume ` new Rule and establishments of the Order of Cavalry of Santiagó, a facisímil copied of the original one of 1505.

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 304
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 193
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 233
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 234
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 232
http://www.elperiodicoextremadura.com/noticias/noticia.asp?pkid=233041

Exhibition on the stamps of changeable value

Yesterday there was opened the public the I Exposición of Stamps of Changeable Value that is celebrated in the Conference hall and Exhibitions of Merida.
The exhibition, which it will finish next 16th and which will possess the participation of two continents, is the first one that is celebrated worldwide by the new system of postage, since they are the "etiquettes" of Post office.
The committee of honor of the exhibition is presided by Their Royal Highnesses the Princes of Asturias, and there form a part of same the president of the Meeting, Juan Carlos Rodríguez Ibarra, the mayor of Merida, Pedro Acedo, and the president of the State Society of Post office and Telegraphs, betweenothers.

fanletizia said:
Acording to the agenda in www.casareal.es, Prince Felipe will preside the inauguration of the assembly, so I deduce that Princess Letizia will not be there:(

It seems that they have got confused on having placed the news, and they have put the presidency of the Prince but they have not put the presence of the Princess. If you search in "activities" and searches the acts of the Princess the act appears.;)

Besides in the web of the Foundation they continue announcing the presence of both.

http://www.fundacionprincipedeasturias.org/ing/salaprensa/noticias/noticia508.html

T.R.H. the Prince and Princess of Asturias are to chair the inauguration ceremony of the XII Assembly of the European Broadcasting Union, Eurovision, which will be held on the 19th, 20th and 21st April in Oviedo, coinciding with UNESCO-backed events to celebrate the XXV Anniversary of the Prince of Asturias Awards. The ceremony will be held on Wednesday, 19th April, starting at 8.00 p.m. in the Chapel of the Hotel de la Reconquista.

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2006/04/17/comunicacion/1145269981.html

Eight candidates choose to the Prize of Journalism Cirilo Rodríguez

SEGOVIA. - A whole of eight candidacies meets to the edition XXII of the journalistic prize Cirilo Rodríguez for correspondents or Spanish special correspondents abroad, which presidency of honor the Princess of Asturias shows.
The juror will meet on Tuesday in the room of the library of the Town hall of Segovia, to choose three finalists of between that the winner will go out, as have reported sources of the Association of the Press of Segovia (APS), in charge of the organization.
The delivery of the prize will be celebrated in the course of an act in the audience of the Inn of Tourism of Segovia, and will be presided by the Princes of Asturias, next May 26, after a new meeting of the juror who will incline for one of three finalists.

http://www.lavozdeasturias.com/noticias/noticia.asp?pkid=266899

Don Felipe, Caffarel and Réveillon will open TV's summit
The Princes only will remain a few hours in Oviedo for the assembly of Eurovision.

Everything is to point in order that Asturias turns into the world capital of the television, at least for three days. The words of the prince Felipe, accompanied by Dona Letizia in the presidency of the act, will open the annual assembly of the Association of Public European Televisions (Eurovision), in which executives will take part of more than 150 chains of a hundred of countries, and that Prince of Asturias places in the Anniversary XXV of the Prizes.

The official act of inauguration will be celebrated at 20.00 hours in the Hotel of the Reconquest and Jean Réveillon will possess the interventions of the director of Spanish Broadcast television, Carmen Caffarel, the secretary general of the European Union of Broadcast television (UER), and the Prince of Asturias will close.

In the inauguration, which foresees that it lasts little less than one hour, also Prince of Asturias will offer a video to the representatives of the European televisions, of the North of Africa and of Close East with images of the Prizes.
To the expectation of the own summit there adds the visit of the Princes of Asturias, the first one that they realize after the birth of the infanta Leonor. The last image of Don Felipe and Dona Letizia together in the region was dated in August of last year, in Sardéu, in a visit to her grandmother, a few months after they were inaugurating the acts of the anniversary of the awards with Stephen Hawking's conference.

In the first moment one shuffled that they were coming with the small Leonor to fulfill the promise to present it before the Vírgen de Covadonga, but it will be left for another occasion. Sources of the Zarzuela indicated yesterday that only they assistance is contemplated to one act: the assembly of Eurovision. The visit will be of a few hours, since there is foreseen that they return on the same night to Madrid. The Princes have on the following day a food with representatives of the world of the letters inside the acts of the delivery of the Prize Cervantes.

Besides 72 members of the UER of 52 countries, in the meeting other 49 will take part closely of a treintena of States. For two days, the representatives of Eurovision will develop days of work in those that they will approach, between other topics, Hihg Definition's television and the incorporation of the new technologies. Also workshops will be celebrated on the television cultural programming, the Cup of the World 2006, and the role of the TV between the youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom