Infanta Leonor, News and Pictures Part 2: February - August 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.la-opinion.com/secciones/noticia.jsp?pIdNoticia=48298&pIndiceNoticia=2&pIdSeccion=9&pNumEjemplar=2333

The recent news has revived the debate on the subject.

The minister of Health, Elena Salgado, declined yesterday to comment "the decision of the family", whereas the Ministry reaffirmed the last declarations made by the coordinator of the General Organization of Transplants, Rafael Matesanz, according to which these donations will have to be altruistic and not directed to a specific person.

In this frame, different experts defended yesterday the possibility of the new decree that will regulate these donations open the door to the private banks of mother-cells.

Nevertheless, everything seems to point that, independently from the Princes' decision, the donations of blood from the umbilical cord will have to continue being altruistic in Spain, where there are already six public banks for storage of the blood destined to altruistic and anonymous donation: Barcelona, Malaga, Madrid, Galicia, Valencia and Tenerife.

At the present time the private banks of cells are prohibited in Spain and the couples that may want to store it have to send it to countries like Germany, Belgium, Holland, the United Kingdom or the United States.

Last edited:
Why Arizona? That's like in the middle of nowhere. Maybe that was the intent?

Kelly said:

Simply, because it is the place where there is the laboratory with which the Clinic has an agreement.;)

Thanks! By the way is there any public opinion of this? Did the Infantas do this also with their children?

Kelly said:
Thanks! By the way is there any public opinion of this? Did the Infantas do this also with their children?

Sadly, the politicians, the press, the scientists .... they have used this topic to discuss, and there is all kinds of opinions. In Spain, this matter is not regulated still, there are public institutions that gather the cord, but not private roads and the government does not want to approve them, though if there are parents who send the cells abroad and it is legal that do it because nothing prohibe. It is a very complicated debate, between politicians and scientists.
According to an article of the today press, the Infanta Cristina has done the same thing with Migueel and Irene. But then to anybody it mattered to it nor one filtered to the press. It seems that this news has been some interest when leaking to cause this debate.;)

Kelly said:

I am sure the citizens of Arizona don't think its the middle of nowhere :)

I wish I could see more of her but she is still tiny and she needs her rest.. I think she nees to be away for a bit.... and later on when they have enough of her maybe they can share more of her with all of us.

Zonk1189 said:
I am sure the citizens of Arizona don't think its the middle of nowhere :)

I know and am I sorry if by saying this anyone was offended. It's just that Arizona is known for its desert and immigration issues. It's a beautiful place just not mentioned as much as other states in the US. :)

lula said:
Simply, because it is the place where there is the laboratory with which the Clinic has an agreement.;)

The Director of the Clinic just gave an interview and he said he's proud to have Leonor's cells storaged however he made clear the clinic do not have contracts or agreements with any clinic in Spain or in the world, being a personal and delicate decision the parents to be must contact them, those who are interested in must contact the clinic as a personal issue, make the arrangements, the payments and have everything set up for the birth day. If I found the link I'll post it here. The Ruber doesn't have that service, if you want to do it the doctors may recommend you a clinic before your due date, they may even talk to you about the option since it is a private clinic because a lot of parents doesn't know much about this but everything with the suficient time and again the parents must contact the clinic, that's not a thing you decide at the moment of the birth because everything must be ready in advance, I don't see the reasson to go so far away having amazing blood cells banks in Europe but I won't get there, I would rather think that if the clinic would have a contract with a bank won't be in the US but within the European Union. On the other hand, because I can read Spanish, the problem is not with another member of the royals because, even when they can take advantage of their position in live, they are not the throne heiresses and the people believe they must constitude in an exemple of service to the Spanish people and if the comun, normal people doesn't have access to this they shouln't either.
I don't know what to think, as a parent I underestand they both, as the future king and queen I can't because in Spain we beleive in solidarity and altruism, if my child healths i.e would depend on people like Leti and Felipe or if the people start to think only in themselves poor me, because I have not the resources to pay for the service and they basically didn't donate for the sake of other people but for themselves and you can do that without consecuences as a person but not in their positions, or rather you can do it but expect the avalanche of critics.

Last edited:
I believe that it is an artificial polemic created by the clashes that exists on the topic. But today in day there is no law and therefore they have right to do what they want. All the parents are Princes or not, they worry for the health and the future of their children. There is in day the science advances very rapidly, and probably in two or three years there am discovered that they have done the correct thing, and we all are doing the same thing.But there is a project of law, with which not the whole world agrees.

Spain has a public health, but also a private health exists. Every person has right to decide. The economic cost of this process is not high, many parents spend more money in other much more unnecessary things, and if this service existed in Spain it would be cheaper. Today in day very few public hospitals follow this system, and the public banks have a limit of storage .... everything what is not in use, goes away to the garbage.Why not to allow then that the parents should decide... Be interested political and economic, basically

Leonor is not any child is the future Heiress to the Wreath and therefore, her health, not only it must be peocupation of her parents but worry of the State because if her hapenned something there might be problems in the future.
The Royal Families or the chiefs of State and Presidents of Government, have their own medical equipments, with everything prepared in each of their trips, with blood stored for them in sole right if it happens a little ... and nobody criticizes it. It thinks that it is something normal, because they are who they are.
;)
It is not possible to deal very well. Because for example, in Spain already is legal, that a few parents do a selection of embryos to have a son who saves another patient; but nevertheless they do not allow to the parents to guard the cells of the umbilical cord, of a child who can save him or to a future brother.
Yesterday, the president of the CSIC, the Top Center of Scientific Investigations, which depends on the Government, said that he would have done the same thing, because today in day the science evolves very much and it is necessary to be for-sighted.He was not finding problem, in which the cells of acda child were distributing for private use and for public use .... if the process was generalized, there would be no problem. The only thing that would cost too much money to the Government, and it is a problem.

Last edited:
And here we go again...:rolleyes:

According to this week's edition of Hola, a "friend of the prince" has said that Princess Letizia wanted to have a natural childbirth and that she made a great effort till the last moment so that it could happen, but it was not viable and it ended up being necessary to do a Caesarean. Infanta Leonor is a healthy and precious girl (with a small angioma on her nose; a common thing among children that is popularly known as antojo, which will disappear as she grows up).

The Princes are passionately living the experience of being parents and Leonor is the center of all their conversations.

Elsa M. said:
Infanta Leonor is a healthy and precious girl (with a small angioma on her nose; a common thing among children that is popularly known as antojo, which will disappear as she grows up).

The Princes are passionately living the experience of being parents and Leonor is the center of all their conversations.

I remember reading several comments on the spot on the little Infanta's nose. Now that the article mentions it it does look like a hemangioma.

What color hair is Enfanta Leonor's hair? Was Letitzia born a blonde then turned to burnette as she got older?

Leonor is dirty blonde and Letizia was a blonde when she was born:

Source: Diez Minutos

I think genetics is so weird, I mean Letizia´s parents have dark hair and she was born as a blonde kid, I wonder where did she get her blonde hair from???

maybe letizia's parents had blonde hair as children, too? Or her grandparents?

I was born with light blonde hair, but has darken alot thoughout the years to the point where its nearly brown. I knew a family whose children were born with red hair then by the time they were 4 or 5 it was dirty blonde.

my grandfather even had light blond hair as a child and became real black when he was an adult.
His eyes are dark blue and his beard would be red!
but nowadys he is white ;)

My brother was as blonde as little Letizia when he was a kid, although my father has dark raven hair, and my mother brown hair.His hair darkened when he grew up, he is now browny-haired like my mum and me...so I'm not surprised of Letizia's blonde hair as a child.:D

im sure Leonor will be very pretty when she grows up (shes absoultly adoreable now) :)

I´m sure too. For me Leonor it´s the cutest royal baby, although isn´t very difficult because her parent´s are very good.

It is known when they carried to leonor to the virgin?

monica821 said:
It is known when they carried to leonor to the virgin?

are you talking about the virgin of atocha? nothing has been said about this visit, which is quite unusual. felipe went there when he was 5 months old, so i assume we won't have to wait long, since leonor is now about to be 5 months at the end of march.

if you are talking about covadonga, as it's not official, it's just something the princes want to do to honour asturias because of their title and because letizia is native from there, even less was said. i would say it would be some time in summer, since asturias is cold normally as it's in the north of spain, when they will probably go there for holidays as they did last year.

Thank you very much carlota, I do not believe that they wait for long time to take it then.

I'm going crazy, I really want to see Leonor again, When is gonna be?Please, I beg Felipe and Letizia take her for a walk.

catango said:
I'm going crazy, I really want to see Leonor again, When is gonna be?Please, I beg Felipe and Letizia take her for a walk.

I believe that her appearances will be quite rare during her first year (or even for some more time).

I get the feeling that Felipe and Letizia want to shield her from media scrutiny for as long as they're able to (and although I would love to see Leonor every now and then, I agree with them)

clearly it is understood that they prefer to protect it a little, I likewise am desiring to see Irene and passes the same thing that with leonor :)

Do you think we'll see the little princess in Mallorca this Holy Week with the rest of the family?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom