The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #361  
Old 05-11-2010, 06:28 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 12,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
As one poster had already been saying, it's easy to say it in theory, however when it really happens, it's really like taking away the things you really love and are very much accustomed to. I don't think Elena had much an issue. She was always being said to be the least ambitious member in the family.
If that was true, the relationship would have been difficult from the start but it only went cold in around summer 2007.

Quote:
I don't think Letizia had anything to do with Zarzuela's decision on removing Inaki's business, she doesn't have much voice there IMO. My point was that the previously close relationship between Cristina and Felipe had turned cold, why didn't people ask 'why' ? The press has only been interested at the 'wars' between women, those trivial gossips said by them likely wouldn't have caused a close relationship between brother and sister turning cold (I have a brother myself too).
I know the final decision was definitely from JC to remove Inaki's business in Spain, however Cristina could be disappointed if her brother hadn't supported Inaki along the way IMO. Now more people can see it was a wise decision, but at that time, not everyone involved could think rationally, Inaki was said to be extremely angry about the decision in the book written by JC's friend collecting 16 letters written by JC to Felipe when he was studying at Georgetown.
Felipe will have as little say in this as any other family member - its the King who will decide and nobody will dare to turn against his decision.

And even if Cristina was angry because of Felipe's behaviour, why turn against her sister in law and not against her brother?
I still believe its something personal between both women, maybe a clash of character after the gloves came off (Cristina behaviour almost came across as rude at some point), nothing to do with Inakis business interests.
__________________

  #362  
Old 05-11-2010, 10:16 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 18,435
Infanta Cristina and Iñaki Urdangarin for a walk in Barcelona.

BelgaPicture - Category details
__________________

  #364  
Old 05-11-2010, 08:06 PM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 3,473
Happy to see them walking together looking happy.... I love this couple !
  #365  
Old 05-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
If that was true, the relationship would have been difficult from the start but it only went cold in around summer 2007.
I think Cristina didn't like the photo session in Mallorca summer 2007 and it showed on her face, but this probably didn't have much to do with Letizia alone, even if Felipe and Letizia pushed for the photo session, the final decision was still from the King.
Letizia had no solo act at the beginning. Letizia started to have a bigger role after Sofia was born. The resource has a limit, especially the security resource, Zarzuela couldn't do unlimited acts even if they wanted to.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Felipe will have as little say in this as any other family member - its the King who will decide and nobody will dare to turn against his decision.

And even if Cristina was angry because of Felipe's behaviour, why turn against her sister in law and not against her brother?
I still believe its something personal between both women, maybe a clash of character after the gloves came off (Cristina behaviour almost came across as rude at some point), nothing to do with Inakis business interests.
I don't see any difference between her attitude towards her s-i-l and her own brother, picutures sometimes gave wrong impressions and the press liked the 'war' between two women. The previous closeness between her and her brother has obviously lost, they rarely talked in public (the same between her and her s-i-l), they no longer hanged out in Barcelona before/after the acts. Inaki's business could be one of the few things all together IMO. I know the King had the last say always, but sometimes you just wanted your close sibling to support you, whether it was effective or not was another story.
Now Cristina and her family moved to DC, with distance and space, some of the previous 'frictions' (if existed) would get smoothed out.
  #366  
Old 05-11-2010, 11:55 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 12,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
I think Cristina didn't like the photo session in Mallorca summer 2007 and it showed on her face, but this probably didn't have much to do with Letizia alone, even if Felipe and Letizia pushed for the photo session, the final decision was still from the King.
Letizia had no solo act at the beginning. Letizia started to have a bigger role after Sofia was born. The resource has a limit, especially the security resource, Zarzuela couldn't do unlimited acts even if they wanted to.




I don't see any difference between her attitude towards her s-i-l and her own brother, picutures sometimes gave wrong impressions and the press liked the 'war' between two women. The previous closeness between her and her brother has obviously lost, they rarely talked in public (the same between her and her s-i-l), they no longer hanged out in Barcelona before/after the acts. Inaki's business could be one of the few things all together IMO. I know the King had the last say always, but sometimes you just wanted your close sibling to support you, whether it was effective or not was another story.
Now Cristina and her family moved to DC, with distance and space, some of the previous 'frictions' (if existed) would get smoothed out.
Yes, maybe the existing tensions were a side reason for the King to allow his daughter to live abroad, with Inakis business being the main reason.

Actually there were two public events where Cristina openly showed her disgust towards Letizia -one in September 2006, Sofias Alzheimer Gala where Felipe wasnt present and the Mallorca dinner in 2007. The pictures of both events show quite open hostility.

But back to topic and its good that the couple is seen together again (although not at this event)
La Infanta Cristina gana el jubileo en la catedral de Santiago. larioja.com
  #367  
Old 05-12-2010, 03:54 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 18,435
Iñaki returned to Washington. The Infanta has today another official act.

Gallery of photos

Portada » Fotos | La Infanta Cristina visita Santiago | El Correo Gallego - Diario de la Capital de Galicia

Portada » Fotos | XVI edición de los Premios de Periodismo Europeo 'Salvador de Madariaga' | El Correo Gallego - Diario de la Capital de Galicia
  #368  
Old 05-12-2010, 04:17 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: auckland, India
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Yes, maybe the existing tensions were a side reason for the King to allow his daughter to live abroad, with Inakis business being the main reason.

Actually there were two public events where Cristina openly showed her disgust towards Letizia -one in September 2006, Sofias Alzheimer Gala where Felipe wasnt present and the Mallorca dinner in 2007. The pictures of both events show quite open hostility.

But back to topic and its good that the couple is seen together again (although not at this event)
La Infanta Cristina gana el jubileo en la catedral de Santiago. larioja.com
not to derail the topic, but recently i believe the asturians and cristina were at samaranch's funeral and cristina and letizia looked quite happy to see each other. genuinely so. maybe with time and distance, whatever friction, if it did exist is not a big deal anymore. well not that it matters
  #370  
Old 05-15-2010, 03:51 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 18,435
The Infanta Cristina, in the opening of the shop Adolfo Domínguez in Washington

epa - european pressphoto agency: La Infanta Cristina, en la apertura de la tienda Adolfo Domínguez en Washington
  #371  
Old 05-17-2010, 04:31 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 18,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
The Infanta Cristina, in the opening of the shop Adolfo Domínguez in Washington

epa - european pressphoto agency: La Infanta Cristina, en la apertura de la tienda Adolfo Domínguez en Washington
Video

La infanta Cristina asiste a la apertura de la primera tienda de Adolfo DomÃ*nguez en Washington | hola.com
  #372  
Old 05-20-2010, 08:11 AM
Carminha Stalker's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 1,742
The Infanta looks lovely and happy in that picture of the shop´s opening.I sincerely hope this bad phase - and especially the gossips prove to be not true.
  #373  
Old 05-21-2010, 06:23 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 16,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carminha Stalker View Post
The Infanta looks lovely and happy in that picture of the shop´s opening.I sincerely hope this bad phase - and especially the gossips prove to be not true.
I hope she got a goodie bag
  #374  
Old 05-25-2010, 10:10 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 18,435
Infanta Cristina and family in Washington

Cristina d'Espagne : Escapade américaine avec son mari et leurs quatre intenables bambins !
  #375  
Old 05-26-2010, 05:21 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 16,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post

What lovely photo's,The Palma's are one of my favourites .
  #376  
Old 05-26-2010, 03:32 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 18,435
The Infanta Cristina, as member of the Foundation La Caixa, has presided today the first meeting of the Patronage of the Institute of Global Health of Barcelona

http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/...obal$599x0.jpg
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/...l-00$599x0.jpg
  #377  
Old 05-26-2010, 03:38 PM
assia's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Goussainville, France
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
The Infanta Cristina, as member of the Foundation La Caixa, has presided today the first meeting of the Patronage of the Institute of Global Health of Barcelona

http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/...obal$599x0.jpg
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/...l-00$599x0.jpg
She spends a lot of time in Barcelona !
  #378  
Old 05-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Carminha Stalker's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 1,742
Loved the pictures of the Infanta, Iñaki and their children in Washington.Can´t believe how grown up is Irene!
  #379  
Old 05-29-2010, 05:10 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 18,435
Infanta Cristina of Spain went to the Organization of American States (OEA) to deliver a prize to students who took part in a contest on human rights.

http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/...gton$599x0.jpg
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/...n-00$599x0.jpg
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/...gton$599x0.jpg
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/...n-01$599x0.jpg
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/...n-00$599x0.jpg
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/...n-02$599x0.jpg
  #380  
Old 06-02-2010, 04:25 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 18,435
Cristina and Iñaki go to mass with their children in Washington

Los duques de Palma van a misa en Washington - Infantas - Familia Real - Familia Real - Diez Minutos
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
cristina, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, irene urdangarín, juan urdangarín, miguel urdangarin, pablo urdangarín


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Infanta Cristina, Iñaki Urdangarín & Family, Current Events Part 15: March 2011 - dazzling Infanta Cristina, Iñaki Urdangarín and Family 624 04-23-2017 04:51 PM
Infanta Cristina and Family, Current Events Part 11: November 2007 - July 2008 Anna_R Current Events Archive 185 07-02-2008 02:53 PM
Infanta Cristina and Family, Current Events Part 5: March - May 2006 Elsa M. Current Events Archive 192 05-18-2006 06:44 PM
Infanta Cristina and Family, Current Events Part 4: December 2005 - March 2006 Anna_R Current Events Archive 175 03-20-2006 08:56 AM




Popular Tags
albania ascot 2016 best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit birthday coup d'etat crown princess mary crown princess mary eveningwear crown princess mary fashion crown princess victoria denmark dictatorship duchess of cambridge duke of cambridge dutch fashion poll iran jewels king abdullah ii king carl gustaf and queen silvia king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy natural disasters new zealand norway november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week prince charles prince louis princess charlene princess marie princess mary princess mary casual style princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess mette-marit fashion and style princess sofia queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen margrethe queen mathilde queen mathilde in jordan queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queenmother queen rania queen rania dresses queen rania fashion queen silvia september 2016 state visit state visit to spain succession sweden the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats tiara time travel


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:09 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises