The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-23-2006, 03:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Robijn
I was reading about the family and they were talking about a girl before she married, so I guess it could be Sophie-Catherine
Sophie is the girl of Charles and Jeanne-Françoise (I should have precised). So Charles Napoléon has three girls and a boy.

Old 10-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Courtier

H.I.H. The Princess Napoléon with T.R.H. The Duke and Duchess of Anjou, H.R.H. Princess Beatrice of the Two Siciles, and (I believe behind Luis Alfonso) H.I.H. Prince Jean Christohpe Napoléon at a mass celebrated at the Saint Louis des Invalides church (24 Sept 2006)

H.I.H. The Princess Napoléon arriving at a gala given at the Élysée Palace during the State Visit to France of T.M. The King and Queen of Spain (27 Mar 2006)

Old 10-15-2006, 06:07 AM
Gentry

Charles-Napoleon is not going to become the French president sometime and to stand on elections of 2007?
Old 10-15-2006, 06:10 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian
Charles-Napoleon is not going to become the French president sometime and to stand on elections of 2007?
He won't be candidate in 2007 for the presidential elections, but he could candidate to local elections.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Gentry

He's very handsome.

http://ameliefr.club.fr/genealogie-b...e-Napoleon.jpg
Old 11-29-2006, 08:09 AM
Gentry

I do not like potential political career of Charles-Napoleon. I do not want, that it did political career. For what political career is necessary Charles-Napoleon? I very much am afraid, that Charles-Napoleon can want to stand in presidents of France per 2007. When elections of the French president take place? What candidates will stand in the French presidents? Through what time term of registration of candidates can end? I do not want and very much I am afraid of restoration of " the third empire "
Old 11-29-2006, 05:27 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane
Sophie-Catherine is called Catherine by her family (her mother is Jeanne-Françoise Valliccioni). She has an adopted sister, Anh, born on 22th april 1998 in Saïgon.

Do you maybe know, where to find any photos of her? I am occupied with this topic for many years now and have also written to Charles napoleon, but he is very busy.
Unfortunately there are so little infos on Charles children, escpecially Jean Christophe and Sophie.
Are there maybe any Point de Vue´s or other magazines with photos of Sophie Catherine, the youngest daughter of Charles Napoleon and Francoise Valliccioni? Also she would interested me, because she is a Corsican. Are there any pictures of her apart from the very very little one on Charles website?

Thanks for any link or help, would be so glad!

Marie Bonaparte (1882-1962)
Old 12-28-2006, 03:04 PM
Courtier

Here is a video of a recent appearance of Jean-Christophe, Alix, and Jerome at some ceremony

Old 12-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Thank you Benjamin, most interesting to see! The lady who is talking is his grandmother Princess Alix? It is quite good to see that such a young boy seems to behave with a dignity that belongs to such an illustrous house.

Funny how Stephane Bern is commenting how we think of the Bourbon and Orleans families but forget the Napoleons to easily, he wants even more dynastic quarrels?
Old 12-28-2006, 04:06 PM
Courtier

Very interesting indeed. I was very surprised that something like that would be on YouTube.

'Tis Alix. She looks very good for eighty.

Does M. Bern talk about Jean-Christophe at all?
Old 02-22-2007, 10:22 AM
Nobility

If Prince Charles Napoléon married his distant cousin Princess Béatrice of Bourbon-Two Sicilies and both the groom and bride belonged to dynasties that had once upon a time ruled France and were historically bitter enemies, and their rival movements, had heretofore prevented them from alliance, political or marital , how can they be cousins ????
Old 02-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Courtier

Here is how they are related, charlottestreasures.
Quote:
Charles, Prince Napoleon, and his ex-wife Princess Beatrice of the Two Sicilies are 5th cousins through King Ferdinando I of the Two Sicilies.

Ferdinando I of the Two Sicilies - Maria Amelia of Naples and Sicily - Louise d’Orleans - Leopold II of the Belgians - Clementine of Belgium - Louis, Prince Napoleon - Charles, Prince Napoleon

Ferdinando I of the Two Sicilies - Francesco I of the Two Sicilies - Ferdinando II of the Two Sicilies - Alfonso of the Two Sicilies, Count of Caserta - Ranieri of the Two Sicilies, Duke of Castro - Ferdinand of the Two Sicilies, Duke of Castro - Princess Beatrice of the Two Sicilies

The former spouses are also 5th cousins once removed, again through King Ferdinando I.

Ferdinando I of the Two Sicilies - Luisa of Naples and Sicily - Maria Theresia of Austria, Princess of Tuscany - Vittorio Emanuele II of Italy - Clothilde of Savoy - Victor, Prince Napoleon - Louis, Prince Napoleon - Charles, Prince Napoleon

Ferdinando I of the Two Sicilies - Francesco I of the Two Sicilies - Ferdinando II of the Two Sicilies - Alfonso of the Two Sicilies, Count of Caserta - Ranieri of the Two Sicilies, Duke of Castro - Ferdinand of the Two Sicilies, Duke of Castro - Princess Beatrice of the Two Sicilies
from Imperial France: House Bonaparte news
Old 04-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Courtier

On 19 Mar 2007 H.I.H. the Princess Napoléon attended a Napoleonic ceremony.

Here is the link (which includes a picture of the event): C'est quoi la Marseillaise ? - société en déclin
Old 04-07-2007, 01:51 AM
Courtier

Some photos of the Princess Napoléon:
Alix and her grandaughter Caroline
Alix and Caroline again
The Princess with President Chirac
A younger Princess at a ball
With Empress Farah of Iran
Old 06-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Courtier

Interview with Charles Napoleon
A Life in the Day: Prince Charles Napoleon-News-World-Europe-TimesOnline
Old 06-02-2007, 09:10 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
Are the Napoleon-Bourbon-Two Sicilies kids low key? We don't seem to get too many updates on them.
Princess Beatrice of Bourbon-Two Sicilies and her daughter Princess Caroline Napoléon are pictured in this (last?) week's Point de Vue (the Savoy Jewels issue) as VIP guests at a Louis Vuitton function. Prince Jean-Christophe is pictured at events occasionally, but not often.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:57 PM
Serene Highness

Is Prince Charles Napoleon's wife HIH Princess Napoleon, or is that his mother? It seems to me that his mother would be HIH The Dowager Princess Napoleon. Or does his wife not claim the title?
Old 06-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Courtier

A recent article about Charles Napoléon in PdV...

Charles Napoléon - Législatives 2007
Old 06-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear
Is Prince Charles Napoleon's wife HIH Princess Napoleon, or is that his mother? It seems to me that his mother would be HIH The Dowager Princess Napoleon. Or does his wife not claim the title?
Charles's mother is still referred to as S.A.I. la Princesse Napoléon. His wife doesn't claim the title. In fact, professionally she still uses her maiden name.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

BBC NEWS | Europe | Napoleon runs for parliament seat