Queen Margrethe II & Prince Henrik, Current Events Part 5: November 2015 - July 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Iceflower. :flowers:

It is, if you are into especially Danish Gold-age paintings (1890-1920 or so) this is heaven!

Well, at least QMII is still around.

http://ekstrabladet.dk/flash/kongelige/danskekongelige/ups-dronningen-med-gal-parkering/5957160

Ekstra Bladet reports today that QMII went to a hobby store (for various creative hand-work) this afternoon, and parked illegally at a bus stop. - That is if she had been a normal person. Anyway, the police in the form of the PET officers parked illegally as well, so...

But there has been no mentioning at all of the whereabouts of M&F and J&M.

BB's Ken Richter reports in this video that QMII was very cheerful at the reopening of the museum: VIDEO: Veloplagt dronning Margrethe råbte hurra | BILLED-BLADET

- I bet she was! They would have had to drag her away kicking and screaming. - That's not shown on the video though...

There was a lot of 'hip hip hoera' however, how does this work Muhler? There seems to be a very particular pattern of 'hips' and 'hoera's, do please explain the protocol. I also thought HM looked very happy and relaxed; would have this anything to do with the Prince Consort being happily occupied elsewhere? My parents also took long holidays separately from one another; it kept them -and their children- sane and made for a happier relationship:flowers::lol:

There was a lot of 'hip hip hoera' however, how does this work Muhler? There seems to be a very particular pattern of 'hips' and 'hoera's, do please explain the protocol. I also thought HM looked very happy and relaxed; would have this anything to do with the Prince Consort being happily occupied elsewhere? My parents also took long holidays separately from one another; it kept them -and their children- sane and made for a happier relationship:flowers::lol:

Yeah, I also thought there was an awful lot of "hip".

I don't know if there is a protocol as such but I think the most normal thing is to go: Hip, hip, hurra! for each hooray.
I don't recall having heard the hip being used for marking what number of hooray it is, before. - I think I would be confused and just shout hurra at random and embarrass myself (and thus entertain) everyone.

The normal procedure is: "Hurra! Hurra! Hurra! - And then the long: Hurraaaah. - And then the short: Hu!"
Often followed by singing either: "Og så giver han/hun nok en lille en, en lille en, en lille bitte en = (loosely translated) and then he/she will probably buy us a little drink, a little drink, a little wee drink".

Alternatively: "For han er en af vor' egne, han er en af vor' egne, han er en af vor' egneee... En rigtig hængerøv" = For (s)he's a jolly good fellow... A real bastard". :cheers:

- I have over the years answered many (sometimes unusual) questions about Danish traditions, and thinking about the reply broadens my horizon as well, so thanks for asking, Gerry. :)

Last edited:
But there has been no mentioning at all of the whereabouts of M&F and J&M.
But we know now that J&M and the kids have been (still are?) in Zanzibar :flowers: It´s Billed-Bladet that came with that information. I just can´t remember whether they are home again or if they still are in Zanzibar :flowers:

And Billed-Bladet speculates whether the crown prince family are in Trend ...

Last edited:
BB writes today that the Mexican President, H. E. Enrique Peña Nieto, and his wife will visit DK on an official state visit on 13-14th April.

Dronning Margrethe får besøg fra Mexico | BILLED-BLADET

- I think it's safe to say that most of this visit will be handled by M&F.

How nice!
"At the invitation of Her Majesty the Queen shall Mexican President H.E. Enrique Peña Nieto and Mrs Angélica Rivera state visit to Denmark on 13 and 14th April 2016."

and yes, as we have seen for awhile now, Im sure it will mostly be Frederik and Mary. :flowers:

Here the press release from Kongehuset.dk:

Statsbesøg fra Mexico | Kongehuset - Forside

BB writes today that the Mexican President, H. E. Enrique Peña Nieto, and his wife will visit DK on an official state visit on 13-14th April.

Dronning Margrethe får besøg fra Mexico | BILLED-BLADET

- I think it's safe to say that most of this visit will be handled by M&F.

Thanks Muhler :flowers:

Yes. And we have already seen it the last years. Now it's actually F&M who handle most of the incoming state visits. They participates in all the events during those state visits - and during "the Day 2" Frederik and Mary actually are the 'hosts'.

I think we - after Henrik's retirement - now also will see F&M accompany Queen Margrethe at all forthcoming state visits abroad.

(And to be honest, I actually have doubts about how many outgoing state visits Queen Margrethe is able to go on in the future.)

Last edited:
On another thread, it's mentioned that QM is usually in Norway at this time of the year. I seriously doubt that she still skis, but does she visit family/friends, shop, or does she have a 'getaway' place? Whatever the reason, she must enjoy the Norwegian winter, which I imagine is brutal.

Also, is the Regent couple still living at Fredensborg, or have they moved back to Amalienborg?

On another thread, it's mentioned that QM is usually in Norway at this time of the year. I seriously doubt that she still skis, but does she visit family/friends, shop, or does she have a 'getaway' place? Whatever the reason, she must enjoy the Norwegian winter, which I imagine is brutal.

Also, is the Regent couple still living at Fredensborg, or have they moved back to Amalienborg?

They still live at Fredensborg, the renovations at Amalienborg are not complete until later this year.
Don't think QMII minds though. She loves it up there.

And you are right. QMII don't ski anymore. Her back and knees can't handle it.
But she stays in a cottage with at least for some of the time with Queen Sonia - And a LiW.

BB this week has a feature about how QMII used to be active.

QMII always go to Gausdal in Norway and here she lives in a 300 square meter cottage (chalet actually I guess) owned by a couple of good friends, Eleonora and Valentin Sibbern.
And if and when time permits Queen Sonia joins her for a few days.

QMII positively hates going for longs walks. She was constantly taken out for long walks during her childhood, so that kind of spoiled the fun.
Now she can't.
Nor is she skiing anymore.

https://app.box.com/s/ofygz3lzvmrf1g6dpzzu4m6u2prz5i6t
https://app.box.com/s/raydj28wrl855uu6j18w62yizal1kq89
https://app.box.com/s/v4bh0hh8ol0j4qx18utzkttunvi1jbv1
Top: Going skiing with the boys back in 1977.
Left: QMII still sking back in 2009.
Right: In 1954 when she had just become the heir to the throne after the change of the Constitution in 1953.
https://app.box.com/s/c2db24qmnqi4kltx39bftmbfm8o7b8qo
QMII danced ballet every week for many years. Here she takes a few steps in 2012.
Top: But of course a royal needs to know how to dance. Here she is dancing with the son of the Swedish ambassador.
Bottom right: Again with her sons in Norway, in 1975.

Last edited:
So QM goes someplace colder, and PH goes someplace warmer. Interesting. I remember reading that QM and Sonia are close. Both of them quite artistic, too.

Harald and Sonia - now there's a love story! He got tired of waiting for parliamentary approval for their marriage (8 years I think) so he put his foot down and said if couldn't marry Sonia, he wouldn't marry anyone, but live as a bachelor. They came around pretty quickly after that. :twohearts:

'Deception' is over and the next four Sundays at 20:00 on DR1 shows Queen Margrethe around on four of the castles where Her Majesty holder. The first time is the Amalienborg Palace and a look into the chambers, you do not normally get to see.

Ugens DR: Dronningen viser rundt på slotte | Nyheder | DR

https://translate.googleusercontent...slotte&usg=ALkJrhjiBn5WTP2eVb7QlOnbruVgpQsccg

"The royal couple went together to Easter worship in Aarhus Cathedral"

Dronning Margrethe og prins Henrik kom til højmesse | BILLED-BLADET

http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi...327_margrethe_og_henrik_001.jpg?itok=T2i8LX04

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: And that is something I look very much forward to seeing.

What better guide than QMII herself? :graduate:

Reactions: eya

Yesterday, March 9, Queen Margrethe handed out the Queen's watch again during a parade in Copenhagen and unveiled a painting of painter Mathilde Fenger, entitled "For King and People - H.M. Queen Margrethe II. inspects 1. Livgardebataljon at anniversary parade on Rosenborg drill ground in 2015".

** kongehuset.dk: Urparade ved Den Kongelige Livgarde **

H.M.The Queen attended the 400th anniversary of Saint Peter's Church and School in the German Sankt Petri Church in Copenhagen

PPE

PPE Agency

Thanks, Iceflower. :flowers:

I thought that Teletubby outfit had been long since burned and buried.

I'm genuinely surprised more conspiracy theories haven't been based on that outfit. :p

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik enjoyed the annual torchlight procession at Fredensborg castle last evening, March 31:

** sn.dk gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom