The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 05:08 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Good grief. They think he was a "flasher" too. That´s really bad. Boo to him for hanging around a school. The lowest of the low.

Old 01-27-2005, 06:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
Good grief. They think he was a "flasher" too. That´s really bad. Boo to him for hanging around a school. The lowest of the low.
Actually he was a little more than "just" a flasher, I have now read the full story in Billed Bladet. No need to go into further details. Yes, unfortunately there is some weird people out there :(

As for the security question - I don't know, if Nikolai and Felix have security with them all the time. I know, that when Frederik and Joachim were children, they were always protected. I have seen security around the small princes (at the photos from the football field), but during the discussion of the Joachim-maybe-driving-too-fast incident I found it peculiar, that noone mentioned his security.

Details about these things are of course not always made public - for security reasons

Old 01-28-2005, 07:11 PM
Courtier

I think both Prince Joachm and Princess Alexandra want their 2 children to lead normal lives as possible. But I think their 2 children has no bodyguards/security going with them everywhere they would go. I think they have nannies with them as seen in the football field picture. Maybe the nanny and the personal driver of Prince Nikolai are the ones bringing him to school and back home.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 01-28-2005, 07:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulette
I think both Prince Joachm and Princess Alexandra want their 2 children to lead normal lives as possible. But I think their 2 children has no bodyguards/security going with them everywhere they would go. I think they have nannies with them as seen in the football field picture. Maybe the nanny and the personal driver of Prince Nikolai are the ones bringing him to school and back home.
Actually I'm quite sure I saw pictures from the football field showing a bodyguard - not just the nannies.

But I think, you are right - they don't have security with them everywhere. I think, that for obvious reasons, the court don't want that to be common knowledge, so maybe they bring security to public events?
Old 01-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Nobility

HRH Princess Alexandra attends the opening of the Fernand Léger-exhibition "Man in the New Age" at ARKEN Museum for Modern Art.

The website of the museum (in English): http://www.arken.dk/default.asp?ID=12

About the exhibition:

Quote:
5 February – 16 May 2005
FERNAND LÉGER – MAN IN THE NEW AGE

Fernand Léger's (1881-1955) original imagery conveys the new, dynamic big city culture that emerged at the beginning of the twentieth century. A key figure in Paris, the metropolis of art, like Pablo Picasso, Léger ranks among the twentieth century’s most significant modern artists.

ARKEN is highlighting Léger's humanist vision and his portrayals of man in modern civilisation. Léger wanted to build a better society and felt morally bound to improve the general conditions of man through his art. Inspired by the stream of new technological advances he often employed a machine aesthetics. Léger drew his subjects from the life around him as evident in his many pictures of the bustling life of the big city, women, men and children picnicking in nature, construction workers, acrobats, circus performers and swimmers.

ARKEN's exhibition will illustrate how Léger depicted man's existential conditions in the modern world of 1905 to 1955, incorporating all of Léger's œuvre. In addition to his paintings, drawings, water colours and tapestries it will include examples of his films, book illustrations, theatre and ballet sets as well as photographs of his murals. Furthermore Léger's thoughts on art theory will be available in the form of excerpts from a number of sources.
Old 01-30-2005, 06:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
I love Princess Alexandra and her style. With that said, I think she should have done without the fur jacket. I can't really see any other detail than this huge, animal-looking thing swallowing her petite frame.
uhmmmm... I still can see her purse, her shoes, her beautiful hairstyle even her earrings and (lower) part of her dress style in quite clear, well of course if we want to see her gown details we have to wait until she put her coat off.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatleen
Actually I'm quite sure I saw pictures from the football field showing a bodyguard - not just the nannies.

But I think, you are right - they don't have security with them everywhere. I think, that for obvious reasons, the court don't want that to be common knowledge, so maybe they bring security to public events?
Maybe there were bodyguards with the 2 princes when they were in the football field but maybe I didn't see it clearly in the photos.

I am really 100% sure that those 2 princes have bodyguards when they attend public events especially with their parents or the whole royal family. But for some reasons, I respect the royal court if they don't want it to be known especially for the security and protection of the two princes.

Even some "ordinary" people (is that right???) have bodyguards with reasons we don't know and how much more Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix who are 2 of the most important figures in Denmark and are a part of the royal family. So, I think they have or would have maybe.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 01-30-2005, 11:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

the 2 children probably have an enormous amount of securitymen (and women possibly) all around them, they are hopefully just aroungd the corner when needed and everybody may count on it,
the only ones who should remain oblivious of that fact are the children themselves so that they can grow up feeling safe in the world and as normal as possible.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
the 2 children probably have an enormous amount of securitymen (and women possibly) all around them, they are hopefully just aroungd the corner when needed and everybody may count on it,
the only ones who should remain oblivious of that fact are the children themselves so that they can grow up feeling safe in the world and as normal as possible.
You are right, you would expect that there is security around them all the time.

But as I said, I really find it peculiar noone mentioned their security when Joachim was accused of driving too fast. The photographers were allowed to drive really close to his car and follow him all the way to Amalienborg without any security interferring. Also, someone said, Joachim might have driven wildly because he felt threatened. But if he felt threatened wouldn't there have been security around to deal with it.

Then again, we really shouldn't be able to know for sure, how much security surrounds the small princes. If we know than everybody would now - including less nicer types.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:32 PM
Aristocracy

She seems to be disappearing from the scene, now you can hardly see her in the news.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori
She seems to be disappearing from the scene, now you can hardly see her in the news.
No, as far as I know we haven't seen any new pictures of her since her visit at Unicef in New York 17 and 18 January. Maybe she is on a holiday - usually around this time a year she goes to Hong Kong. The last couple of years she has had her children with her, which she can't do now, as Nikolai goes to school. Therefore I doubt she would stay there for more than one week.

But, tomorrow she is opening the exhibition at Arken, and than we will probably see loads of photos :)
Old 02-04-2005, 06:56 AM
Gentry

The headline on the cover of the newest Dam-tidning magazine is "Alexandra seriously ill. The royal house is worried" or something like that. Didn't buy it though. Have you heard anything like this or is this just one of those "news ducks" for selling the papers?
Old 02-04-2005, 07:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia
The headline on the cover of the newest Dam-tidning magazine is "Alexandra seriously ill. The royal house is worried" or something like that. Didn't buy it though. Have you heard anything like this or is this just one of those "news ducks" for selling the papers?
I have heard the same but i think it is just like you say "news ducks" just want to sell som more magazines.

Old 02-04-2005, 03:02 PM
Courtier

Thanks for the pictures. Does anybody have biger size or more picture of her from today? I interest to see her shoes in clear. ...
Old 02-04-2005, 03:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia
i saw that in the swedish stand and wanted to ask about it also
Old 02-04-2005, 03:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia
I don't think the headline is true. From todays pictures she seems to be fine.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:18 PM
Courtier

Some more photos from polfoto
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	88933   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	88934  
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the pics, Bigheadshrimp.

Here are a few more from the event...

I like her shoes very much, sorta like French Nobility used to wear in the 17th century.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AP448287_guest.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	88936   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP448288_guest.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	88937  
Old 02-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadshirmp
Princess Alexandra today.......from polfoto.... maybe someone can translate the captioning....

Prinsesse Alexandra på kunstudstilling i ArkenPolfoto 04-02-2005 En glad prinsesse Alexandra hilser på bestyrelsesmedlem Svend Jakobsen (tv.) og museumsdirektør for Arken, Christian Gether, da hun ankom til åbningen af Fernand Léger-udstillingen "Mennesket i den nye tid" på ARKEN Museum for Moderne Kunst. ARKEN udstiller 96 værker af den franske nationalkunstner Fernand Léger. Udstillingen er en bred indføring i Légers kunst fra 1905 og frem til 1954 - et år inden hans død
Headline: Princess Alexandra at an art exhibition at Arken.

Text: A happy Princess Alexandra says hello to board member Svend Jakobsen (to the left) and the museum director for Arken, Christian Gether, as she arrived to the opening of the Fernand Léger-exhibition "The human being in a new time" at the Arken Museum for Modern Art. Arken exhibits 96 workds by the French national painter Fernand Léger. The exhibition is a broad glimpse into Léger's art from 1905 until 1954 - one year before his death.

Quote:
12/02 05H.K.H. Prinsesse Alexandra overværer i anledning af kinesisk nytår "The Spring Festival Concert" i Radiohusets Koncertsal, kl. 20.00.Princess Alexandra's next appearance
Translation; In connection with the Chinese New Year, Princess Alexandra will attend "The Spring Festival Concert"
Old 02-04-2005, 09:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Some more photos from polfoto
The second photo posted by bigheadshirmp from the left for me is the best look of Princess Alexandra on that event. I loved the way she raised her head to look at what the lady is saying or maybe referring to.For me, her face has the best features.

She looks good if she ties her hair that way. She looks elegant and simple .

~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Closed Thread

Tags
current events, princess alexandra