Princess Alexandra, Current Events 1: November 2002 - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
paulette said:
I would really say that Princess Alexandra is a very hardworking and sincere person. It is really evident in the way she handles her tasks that she has high dreams and hopes for the charities and organizations she represents in Denmark and may it be even for others.

Though I don't really know if is this true because I don't come from Denmark but my friend stated through mail that what is really great about the princess is that she just doesn't accept those patronages and etc. she has now just for nothing but she really works hard for it. She even stated that when Princess Alexandra granted an interview and was asked about the charities and organizations she represents. She replied that she just doesn't like to only represent and be a patron of a certain charity or group but she always insists to be involved even in tiny details on every act they would do.
And for me, that is really a very good thing.

Keep us Princess Alex!
That what the most I like from her and I make it as a role model in comparing other princesses.

I like the way Alexandra dressed...I know it is not everybody looks good in that sape of fur coat, but Alex just look gorgeus in it....it matchs her gown colour and shape, also her hair style....beautiful princess.

Last edited by a moderator:
hm...sometimes i think Princess Alexandra's style of dressing is too extravagant...i kind find the right words but her dresses can be really flashy and the colours too bright...she's so beautiful i would love to see her in a dress that is simple but elegant and classy ^___^

I think it is still ok for sometime she has extravagant style of dress as long she is in the right event to have it. Honestly, every princess should have it because this kind of appearance (often) attract most of royal watcher attention ;)

Last edited:
I don't think that her style of dress is too flashy. Her colour choices usually look good on her and that is only one part of what defines Alexandra's personal style in my opinion. I think that when is attending a gala event and full formal attire is required that you may as well have some sparkles, flash, etc. After all, it is a formal event.

I love Princess Alexandra and her style. With that said, I think she should have done without the fur jacket. I can't really see any other detail than this huge, animal-looking thing swallowing her petite frame.

i dont know much about denmark's royalty but from the pic of the opening of their opera-princess alexandra looks classie, and out shines cp mary. but its sad to see them (or anyone for that matter)divorce
as for the fur coats-i think it awful to wear one-why would anyone what to kill an animal just for its fur-very sad:confused:

Last edited:
bigheadshirmp said:
Alexandra advaret mod b鷨nelokker: Frygt p?Nikolais skole - 26.01.2005

Samtlige sm?b鷨n fra prins Nikolais skole har f嶒t brev med hjem, efter at en kun syv緳ig pige blev forulempet i parken ved siden af skolen. Politiet tager sagen alvorligt.

Fem緳ige prins Nikolai fik i sidste uge et brev med hjem fra skolebestyreren p?Krebs?Skole, der skabte bekymring hos b嶟e prinsesse Alexandra og prins Joachim.
Som alle andre ansvarlige for熞dre f鷲ger de levende med i deres b鷨ns g鷨en og laden, og is熳 prins Nikolais skolegang ligger parret meget p?sinde. Prinsesse Alexandra, der har de sm?prinser boende fast hos sig p?Amalienborg efter separationen, kunne derfor som den f鷨ste med bestyrtelse l犘e, at en blotter har forulempet en pige fra 1. klasse i umiddelbar n熳hed af prins Nikolais skole.
Brevet fra rektor p?Krebs?Skole er sendt til alle elever i de mindste klasser og har skabt 熡gstelse ikke kun p?Amalienborg og Schackenborg, men hos alle for熞drene p?skolen. Og sagen har lige siden v熳et det helt store samtaleemne blandt de bekymrede for熞dre. from Billet bladet...pls someone translate this?

Alexandra warned against child molester - fear at Nikolai's school
All small children from Prince Nikolai's school has been given a letter to bring home with them, after a only 7 years old girl was harassed in the park next to the school. The police treat the matter seriously.
Five years old Prince Nikolai received last week a letter from the principal at Krebs' School, which made both Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim worry.
As any other responsible parent they take part in their children's doings, and especially Prince Nikolai's school is important for the couple. After the separation the small princes lives with Princess Alexandra at Amalienborg, and she could therefore at the first one with dismay read, that a blotter has harassed a girl form the 1st grade, close to Nikolai's school.
The letter from the principal at Krebs' School was to all pupils in the small grades (???), and has caused anxiety not only at Amalienborg and Schackenborg, but with all parents at the school. And since then the letter has been widely discussed among the worried parents.

Chatleen said:
Alexandra warned against child molester - fear at Nikolai's school
All small children from Prince Nikolai's school has been given a letter to bring home with them, after a only 7 years old girl was harassed in the park next to the school. The police treat the matter seriously.
Five years old Prince Nikolai received last week a letter from the principal at Krebs' School, which made both Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim worry.
As any other responsible parent they take part in their children's doings, and especially Prince Nikolai's school is important for the couple. After the separation the small princes lives with Princess Alexandra at Amalienborg, and she could therefore at the first one with dismay read, that a blotter has harassed a girl form the 1st grade, close to Nikolai's school.
The letter from the principal at Krebs' School was to all pupils in the small grades (???), and has caused anxiety not only at Amalienborg and Schackenborg, but with all parents at the school. And since then the letter has been widely discussed among the worried parents.

Thank you for the translation Chatleen.

Very scary for Joachim and Alexandra as parents.

Do Nikolai and Felix have any security? Or did Joachim and Alexandra want their sons to lead as normal lives as possible? Maybe in light of this very frightening incident there will be some added security measures for Nikolai and Felix.

I wish that my Danish was better. But you said a "blotter" had harrassed a girl. Blotter is the daily crimes report that is used before they put it onto official records. Anyway, that is a scary thing indeed for all parents. I hope this creep will be caught quickly and sent to prison or to a hospital.

Dennism said:
I wish that my Danish was better. But you said a "blotter" had harrassed a girl. Blotter is the daily crimes report that is used before they put it onto official records. Anyway, that is a scary thing indeed for all parents. I hope this creep will be caught quickly and sent to prison or to a hospital.

Sorry :eek: The word 'blotter' just sounded so English to me - my digital dictionary says 'flasher'. Hope that makes better sense?? :confused:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Good grief. They think he was a "flasher" too. That´s really bad. Boo to him for hanging around a school. The lowest of the low.

Dennism said:
Good grief. They think he was a "flasher" too. That´s really bad. Boo to him for hanging around a school. The lowest of the low.

Actually he was a little more than "just" a flasher, I have now read the full story in Billed Bladet. No need to go into further details. Yes, unfortunately there is some weird people out there :(

As for the security question - I don't know, if Nikolai and Felix have security with them all the time. I know, that when Frederik and Joachim were children, they were always protected. I have seen security around the small princes (at the photos from the football field), but during the discussion of the Joachim-maybe-driving-too-fast incident I found it peculiar, that noone mentioned his security.

Details about these things are of course not always made public - for security reasons ;)

I think both Prince Joachm and Princess Alexandra want their 2 children to lead normal lives as possible. But I think their 2 children has no bodyguards/security going with them everywhere they would go. I think they have nannies with them as seen in the football field picture. Maybe the nanny and the personal driver of Prince Nikolai are the ones bringing him to school and back home.

paulette said:
I think both Prince Joachm and Princess Alexandra want their 2 children to lead normal lives as possible. But I think their 2 children has no bodyguards/security going with them everywhere they would go. I think they have nannies with them as seen in the football field picture. Maybe the nanny and the personal driver of Prince Nikolai are the ones bringing him to school and back home.

Actually I'm quite sure I saw pictures from the football field showing a bodyguard - not just the nannies.

But I think, you are right - they don't have security with them everywhere. I think, that for obvious reasons, the court don't want that to be common knowledge, so maybe they bring security to public events?

Last edited:
HRH Princess Alexandra attends the opening of the Fernand Léger-exhibition "Man in the New Age" at ARKEN Museum for Modern Art.

The website of the museum (in English): http://www.arken.dk/default.asp?ID=12

About the exhibition:

5 February – 16 May 2005
FERNAND LÉGER – MAN IN THE NEW AGE

Fernand Léger's (1881-1955) original imagery conveys the new, dynamic big city culture that emerged at the beginning of the twentieth century. A key figure in Paris, the metropolis of art, like Pablo Picasso, Léger ranks among the twentieth century’s most significant modern artists.

ARKEN is highlighting Léger's humanist vision and his portrayals of man in modern civilisation. Léger wanted to build a better society and felt morally bound to improve the general conditions of man through his art. Inspired by the stream of new technological advances he often employed a machine aesthetics. Léger drew his subjects from the life around him as evident in his many pictures of the bustling life of the big city, women, men and children picnicking in nature, construction workers, acrobats, circus performers and swimmers.

ARKEN's exhibition will illustrate how Léger depicted man's existential conditions in the modern world of 1905 to 1955, incorporating all of Léger's œuvre. In addition to his paintings, drawings, water colours and tapestries it will include examples of his films, book illustrations, theatre and ballet sets as well as photographs of his murals. Furthermore Léger's thoughts on art theory will be available in the form of excerpts from a number of sources.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
I love Princess Alexandra and her style. With that said, I think she should have done without the fur jacket. I can't really see any other detail than this huge, animal-looking thing swallowing her petite frame.
uhmmmm... I still can see her purse, her shoes, her beautiful hairstyle even her earrings and (lower) part of her dress style in quite clear, well of course if we want to see her gown details we have to wait until she put her coat off.

Chatleen said:
Actually I'm quite sure I saw pictures from the football field showing a bodyguard - not just the nannies.

But I think, you are right - they don't have security with them everywhere. I think, that for obvious reasons, the court don't want that to be common knowledge, so maybe they bring security to public events?

Maybe there were bodyguards with the 2 princes when they were in the football field but maybe I didn't see it clearly in the photos.

I am really 100% sure that those 2 princes have bodyguards when they attend public events especially with their parents or the whole royal family. But for some reasons, I respect the royal court if they don't want it to be known especially for the security and protection of the two princes.

Even some "ordinary" people (is that right???) have bodyguards with reasons we don't know and how much more Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix who are 2 of the most important figures in Denmark and are a part of the royal family. So, I think they have or would have maybe.

the 2 children probably have an enormous amount of securitymen (and women possibly) all around them, they are hopefully just aroungd the corner when needed and everybody may count on it,
the only ones who should remain oblivious of that fact are the children themselves so that they can grow up feeling safe in the world and as normal as possible.

susan alicia said:
the 2 children probably have an enormous amount of securitymen (and women possibly) all around them, they are hopefully just aroungd the corner when needed and everybody may count on it,
the only ones who should remain oblivious of that fact are the children themselves so that they can grow up feeling safe in the world and as normal as possible.

You are right, you would expect that there is security around them all the time.

But as I said, I really find it peculiar noone mentioned their security when Joachim was accused of driving too fast. The photographers were allowed to drive really close to his car and follow him all the way to Amalienborg without any security interferring. Also, someone said, Joachim might have driven wildly because he felt threatened. But if he felt threatened wouldn't there have been security around to deal with it.

Then again, we really shouldn't be able to know for sure, how much security surrounds the small princes. If we know than everybody would now - including less nicer types.

She seems to be disappearing from the scene, now you can hardly see her in the news.

lori said:
She seems to be disappearing from the scene, now you can hardly see her in the news.

No, as far as I know we haven't seen any new pictures of her since her visit at Unicef in New York 17 and 18 January. Maybe she is on a holiday - usually around this time a year she goes to Hong Kong. The last couple of years she has had her children with her, which she can't do now, as Nikolai goes to school. Therefore I doubt she would stay there for more than one week.

But, tomorrow she is opening the exhibition at Arken, and than we will probably see loads of photos :)

The headline on the cover of the newest Dam-tidning magazine is "Alexandra seriously ill. The royal house is worried" or something like that. Didn't buy it though. Have you heard anything like this or is this just one of those "news ducks" for selling the papers?

Mia said:
The headline on the cover of the newest Dam-tidning magazine is "Alexandra seriously ill. The royal house is worried" or something like that. Didn't buy it though. Have you heard anything like this or is this just one of those "news ducks" for selling the papers?

I have heard the same but i think it is just like you say "news ducks" just want to sell som more magazines.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures. Does anybody have biger size or more picture of her from today? I interest to see her shoes in clear.;) ...

Mia said:

i saw that in the swedish stand and wanted to ask about it also

Mia said:
I don't think the headline is true. From todays pictures she seems to be fine.

Some more photos from polfoto

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 612
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 611
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 937
Thanks for the pics, Bigheadshrimp.

Here are a few more from the event...

I like her shoes very much, sorta like French Nobility used to wear in the 17th century.

Attachments

• AP448287_guest.jpg
    AP448287_guest.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 170
  • AP448288_guest.jpg
    AP448288_guest.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 533
bigheadshirmp said:
Princess Alexandra today.......from polfoto.... maybe someone can translate the captioning....

Prinsesse Alexandra på kunstudstilling i ArkenPolfoto 04-02-2005 En glad prinsesse Alexandra hilser på bestyrelsesmedlem Svend Jakobsen (tv.) og museumsdirektør for Arken, Christian Gether, da hun ankom til åbningen af Fernand Léger-udstillingen "Mennesket i den nye tid" på ARKEN Museum for Moderne Kunst. ARKEN udstiller 96 værker af den franske nationalkunstner Fernand Léger. Udstillingen er en bred indføring i Légers kunst fra 1905 og frem til 1954 - et år inden hans død
Headline: Princess Alexandra at an art exhibition at Arken.

Text: A happy Princess Alexandra says hello to board member Svend Jakobsen (to the left) and the museum director for Arken, Christian Gether, as she arrived to the opening of the Fernand Léger-exhibition "The human being in a new time" at the Arken Museum for Modern Art. Arken exhibits 96 workds by the French national painter Fernand Léger. The exhibition is a broad glimpse into Léger's art from 1905 until 1954 - one year before his death.

bigheadshirmp said:
12/02 05H.K.H. Prinsesse Alexandra overværer i anledning af kinesisk nytår "The Spring Festival Concert" i Radiohusets Koncertsal, kl. 20.00.Princess Alexandra's next appearance
Translation; In connection with the Chinese New Year, Princess Alexandra will attend "The Spring Festival Concert"

bigheadshirmp said:
Some more photos from polfoto

The second photo posted by bigheadshirmp from the left for me is the best look of Princess Alexandra on that event. I loved the way she raised her head to look at what the lady is saying or maybe referring to.For me, her face has the best features.

She looks good if she ties her hair that way. She looks elegant and simple .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom