Prince Nikolai, Prince Felix and Prince Henrik, News 1: July 2009 - February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Halloween crossed with a pinata! Thanks for posting Muhler. Great fun to read about childrens traditions from various countries.

These boys are the most beautiful children that I've ever seen, especially Nikolai he reminds me of those little boys of the old days.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #29, 2011.
Felix den lykkelige - Felix the happy.
Written by Trine Larsen. (*)

Prince Felix will turn nine tomorrow, Friday the 22. July. And on that occasion the Phototgrapher Steen Brogaard has made a photo series of Felix and his brother on the roof Christian VIII Palais at Amalienborg. It's here Joachim has his apartment. (**) I guess the pictures will be published on his birthday.

Anyway, there is not much of substance in his article. There are however a brief description of his personality and I'll list them here.

According to the article, Felix is reserved. He needs to feel comfortable and check people out before he opens up and smile.
He and Nikolai share a number of friends.
He attends swimming and tennis and he's fond of bicycling.
He is really good at drawing and he is good at making artwork.
He is very loving and responsible.
He is an observant and inquisitive boy, asking a lot of questions about all sorts of details he has noticed. - Apparantly a lot of questions! (***)
His favourite dish is sushi, and on his birthday it's very likely he'll request that dish as is tradition on children's birthdays.
He calls Alexandra "mammy". Unsurprisingly perhaps, I'd say that for 95 % of all ethnic Danish children it would simply be "mor = mother".
He is fond of Alexandra's tiramisu, a dessert.

(*) She's an appropritate choice as she has a tendency to go broody over Felix' blue eyes.

(**) Not on the roof of course...

(***) He is what we in DK call a "spørge-Jørgen". I.e. a child who asks a lot of questions, sometimes leaving the poor parents in a state of exhaustion! Substitute with an expression in your own language.

It's Felix birthday today and he will celebrate it abroad where he is on holiday with his mother and brother.

Here is a picture from the recent photoseries by Steen Brogaard. Kærlig prins fylder 9 - Royale - BT.dk
Click: "se stort billede" for bigger picture.

Full gallery of the birthday pictures from Kongehuset.dk:

http://kongehuset.dk/Menu/foto--video/prins-felix-ni-ars-fodselsdag-22-juli

Once again, Prince Henrik is excluded from the birthday pictures. Disappointing, as it sends the wrong message IMO.

Lovely pictures and I do like the setting of it.
As you mentioned disappointing as Henrik isn't included, at the end of the day he is his brother, if one brother is in them I think the also brother should be included.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorgeous pictures, the boys are so handsome, but like JessRulz, I agree Henrik should have been in the pictures because they are all brothers and I too think it sends the wrong message. To me, it would be like Haakon and M-M excluding Marius from the pictures of I-A and Magnus, Henrik is now old enough to be included in these pictures.

Felix is certainly turning into a very handsome young man he will be a heartbreaker when he is older. Like the other posters it seems unfair to me that Henrik is not included in these birthday photos. Either keep the series to only include the birthday individual or include all three boys.

The horrific event yesterday has of course completely overshadowed Felix birthday.

He did however get a birthday greeting from grandpapa Henrik Billed-Bladet - Prins Felix fik SMS fra farfar

In the form of a text message. Actually to Joachim's phone. (SMS = text message).

I understand Felix is on holiday with his brother and mother abroad somewhere. (Perhaps Turkey?) So I guess he'll get the birthday greeting the next time Joachim talks to his sons.

Gosh, these two boys are sooooooooooo handsome. They will be heartbreakers for sure!

Last edited:
In which classes are Felix and Nikolai now?

According to BT Prinserne er langt foran vennerne i nye fag - Royale - BT.dk
They are starting in 3th and 6th grade.

Felix will for the first time have English lessons and Nikolai will for the first time have French lessons. Neither languages should be a particular problem for the boys as they are exposed to both languages very regularly.
Nikolai wasn't that thrilled about starting in school again. He would rather have continued his summer holiday for some time yet.

IFRC, I read in an interview with Countess Alexandra that one of the boys (I think Nikolai) was glad the conversation he had with his grandmother was in English and not in German, because his German isn't that good.. is that true? or is my memory playing a trick in me? :whistling:

They are beautiful boys, Felix has the prettiest eye, they are very striking. Both boys are going to be heart breakers!

I wonder why there are no official birthday pics for Nikolai for the 2nd time in a row, I think, while there are every year some being made for Felix...?!

well, Isabella who - being the Crown Prince's daughter - is higher in the pecking order thn Nikolai, didn'g get any as well... so in a way it's Felic getting his every year which is strange.

:previous:

There actually are some official birthday pics this year!

Prince Nikolai with his brother Prince Felix, celebrating his 12th birthday in Dyrehaven in Copenhagen.
Unfortunately without Prince Henrik again, that tradition seems to be kept.

** ppe gallery**

Very nice (and nice-looking) lads !!
I hadn't seen any updated pics for a while, and both are very winsome.
I wonder whether they will outgrow their dad ?

What good looking boys they both are....They're both gonna be quite handsome men. Nikolai looks so much like his father.

Prince Nikolai with his brother Prince Felix, celebrating his 12th birthday in Dyrehaven in Copenhagen.

** ppe gallery**

Yes it seems tradition is kept without the little one.
Thank you for the pictures, shows a sporty side of the prince/s. I would also one day like to see a nice picture that included Joachim.

Here is a short article by BB (translated) on the birthday boy

Last edited:
Countess Alexandra probably arranges these photoshoots and so it's only natural that little Henrik not be included given the distance between their homes.

It makes me wonder if Henrik & the new baby will be educated near Schackenborg instead of Copenhagen.

** ppe gallery**

Thank you for posting the pictures! Good looking boys.

The first one (with Lily) is the funniest!
And Nikolai is turning into a handsome man!

Wow, the boys are getting so handsome. They will be "prey" for all the young princesses. This young generation of royals will be a joy to follow as they grow up.

As far as including Prince Henrik it would be Prince Joachim's role to get his whole family together. Nikolai has two families with one common parent. In my view it is perfectly fine for him to pose with his brother Felix. The two are growing up together and live with their mother and step-dad away from Joachim. There are plenty of photo ops with his extended family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom