Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix, Current Events 1: September 2005 - July 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Though it came as a shock to all, and they do look wonderful together, there were obvious strains in the marriage that made it impossible to go on. So very sad, really.

But now, a few years later, both parents are happy with a new partner, and Joachim and Marie are enabling the boys to be part of a bigger family when they come to Schackenborg. It seems to be turning out all right. Hopefully, Marie's presence will provide a more rounded family atmosphere when the boys are with their father.

Since they live with their mother and her new husband most of the time, this will be very good for them.

Marie has lived the life of a child of divorced parents, knows what it is like, and appears to be a very wam and fun-loving person. She is perceptive and hopefully will provide a nice balance so all will be happy together.

It is a real plus that the two couples are on good terms.

I Always wanted a Brother Congratulations to All the Family

Yes, indeed, a wonderful occasion to congratulate the two brothers. Now when they visit Schackenborg they will make a larger family, which, in good time, will hopefully include even more siblings --- fun for them at their father's home.

I believe that Marie and Joaquim will make a very warm home for all of the children --- a contented country life in a beautiful setting.

Much happiness to all of them.

Martin Jorgensen (husband of Countess Alexandra) has helped to make a film about Prince Nikolai. The filmmakers have been filming Nikolai every six months since his birth. The film will be shown on Danish TV later this summer in honor of the prince's tenth birthday. The production company is owned by Martin's father, who has made several films about the royal family over the years.

Billed-Bladet - Film på vej om prins Nikolai

Billed-Bladet has a cute little article about Nikolai and Felix.

Billed-Bladet - Prinserne Nikolai og Felix er stolte storebrødre

It says that they are proud big brothers. When Marie was pregnant, the boys allegedly stated that they wanted a baby brother. Prince Joachim, however, had initially hoped for a little girl. The brothers are very close to each other, and have also become close to Marie. They will be spending part of their summer school break with Joachim and Marie (the article didn't say when, or mention the christening, but it is most likely that they would be there). The article also said that the boys are old enough to help with looking after the baby. It ends by saying that even though Marie is outnumbered as the only female in the family, the time spent together will be loving and happy.

Those kids are so sweet... I can see in photos that they are proud of their baby brother. I liked the photos of the article:flowers:

Billed-Bladet has a cute little article about Nikolai and Felix.

Billed-Bladet - Prinserne Nikolai og Felix er stolte storebrødre

It says that they are proud big brothers. When Marie was pregnant, the boys allegedly stated that they wanted a baby brother. Prince Joachim, however, had initially hoped for a little girl. The brothers are very close to each other, and have also become close to Marie. They will be spending part of their summer school break with Joachim and Marie (the article didn't say when, or mention the christening, but it is most likely that they would be there). The article also said that the boys are old enough to help with looking after the baby. It ends by saying that even though Marie is outnumbered as the only female in the family, the time spent together will be loving and happy.

Thats a really nice article. I would understand why Joachim would hoped for a girl but im glad all are happy with the new little prince and also really good to know that the boys are happy and close to Marie.

Thats a really nice article. I would understand why Joachim would hoped for a girl but im glad all are happy with the new little prince and also really good to know that the boys are happy and close to Marie.

Perhaps ther will come a littel princess the next time :winkiss: :heart: (I hope ther will)

It's great that Alexandra and Joachim doing so good job to raise their children in good atmosphere. It's great theat Marie and Martin accept the boys and treat them like their own children.

The whole family benefits when a good atmosphere exists between parents and new spouses. It is also less complicated because the new spouses did not have children from previous marriages.

This is an exemplary blended family.

Those two boys are really cute! Felix looks a lot like his father and its great to see, that the parents go well with the new partners. :)

Although Nikolai and Felix spend most of the time in Copenhagen at school and with their mother and Martin, perhaps now they can have more time in Mogeltonder now that they have a little stepbrother in their lives.

I'm sure the both Joachim and Marie would love to see the boys have many opportunities to be together, especially as this little baby grows older, and, hopefully, gets more brothers or sisters of his own.

They will also be together for family reunions in different places, but it's good for them to visit their father's place and have siblings there.

Now that new prince has a name, let's close this thread and start a new one for the three brothers.

Let's see you all there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom