Prince Christian, Current Events 2: July 2006 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pic used to make a stamp of Crown Princes and their little baby boy is very succeful, the little prince is a very handsome and cute baby on it, smiling and totally in adecuation with the spirit of the scene.:king: :bunny: :wub:

But I find that the portrait of three genertions is a disaster!:censored:
-The idea is very good!
-The Painting of the Queen Margareth's father as landsacpe :excellent
-The Queen, "regal" in an armchair, with symbolic touches of the past: fantastic ( her teeth look more white than usual, very good imprression )
But
-The Crown Prince, as usual with a too large outfit and ugly tie ( it's obvious that Frederick is preferring casual dressing, why not ? )
But the worst,

The poor so cute baby boy dressed as if he is going to the day nursery school with his pull over looking quiet handmad by grany ( it's not a critic, sometimes it's better !) the same pants as usual ( may be he don't have many.....) ... and his shoes exactly the same than these to go at zoo to see the Koalas. It's make me cry:cry:

The little baby boys aren't dolls but for a pic which want to have an important signification, it's not possible to dress a baby as if he is going to make a walk in the park!

Mary don't seem to be very interested for the dress apparences of her husband who prefer jeans and other sport clothes but it's his job.

But for her son, she never dress him with others clothes than the casual ones. Sometimes it's totally ridiculous as this hat with a kind of two mouth'ears,( poor little boy) sometimes it's totally unappropriate as for this pic which could be a fantastic picture if the baby would be more "little Prince" and not little koala ( very sympathtetic and kind animal, I love them)

I don't understand the purpose because all the Royal Families in Europe when they did/do this kind of symbolic picture take care of the precious "todler "

I have to pay attention because my words :shifty: but sometimes the most beautiful babies of the world can be damaged by an error of dressing :p

corazon said:
+

great photos, this family look so natural in the photos, but I say this again, christian is every time dressed informal:bang:

Let's hope it stays that way for as long as he is a todler. No need to dress to impress when you are 1 year old. Practical is key.

So keep up the headbanging :lol:

laurixa said:
(I don´t know where post this picture, please remove if this thread isn´t the correct to post the picture)

A cute picture of Queen Margrethe, prince Frederick and prince Christian from biled bladet:wub:
http://www.billedbladet.dk/adm/pics/00000000049stolthi.jpg

I just like the picture because of the awkward cropping of the image- it is not visually pleasing. The general rule, with women, (this is how most formal pictures, like the ones on the DRF website of Mary, are done, and how my school pictures were always set up) is that, if the picture is to be a close-up facial portrait (meaning it is focusing on the face, which is facing the camera, as opposed to a profile shot), the convention is that the lower edge of the photo is set either just above the bustline (an inch or so below the neckline of a shirt, but just above or at the start of the cleavage) or just below the bust, (about where the rib cage ends, or just above, although this is much more unusual). A man is usually done from either his natural waistline (an inch below the bellybutton), his bellybutton, up. (with royals, this can rarely be extended to the end of the sash, or just below the inseam. I think Fred has been shot like that before- it's usually done to make someone look taller). A man might also be shot from just below the ribcage, up, to best show the orders and medals he wears. Christian is the only one in the image who at all conforms to conventions in his posing.

My gripe is that neither Q Margrethe, CP Frederik, and P Christian, nor the painting above them, is properly arranged in the photo, which is a fault of the photographer. Queen Margrethe has had portraits done correctly with a painting in the background where the picture is flattering to her, and I will try to find the example I'm thinking of. It followed the 1/3-2/3 rule. This picture just makes her look chopped off and short.

adelaide said:
But for her son, she never dress him with others clothes than the casual ones. Sometimes it's totally ridiculous as this hat with a kind of two mouth'ears,( poor little boy) sometimes it's totally unappropriate as for this pic which could be a fantastic picture if the baby would be more "little Prince" and not little koala ( very sympathtetic and kind animal, I love them)

I don't understand the purpose because all the Royal Families in Europe when they did/do this kind of symbolic picture take care of the precious "todler "

I have to pay attention because my words :shifty: but sometimes the most beautiful babies of the world can be damaged by an error of dressing :p
IMO a 'formal' outfit for the baby boy would be an 'error of dressing' in Denmark - and I suppose Frederik and Mary 'cater for' the home audience first and foremost.
It is my impression that most Danes do not favour very formal dressing for children as small as Christian, and it is very likely that Frederik and Mary share that view.
I personally think that children this age look nicest when dressed 'informally' and that goes for both sexes. The Spanish Leonor is IMO much cuter and nicer looking in her informal dresses than in the formal ones we have seen.

Once they start running around on their own, more formal dressing is OK I suppose - but when they are sitting on their parent's arms they should just be comfortable and baby-like I think.

well I think she is always dress properly, but in one ocassion I must say that he was so unappropriate dress! That ocassion was the birthday of the Queen, he was wearing that "Koala" suite! That ocassion was really a good one to see the little Prince with a more formal suite!!!! Her grandma deserves it!A really bad, bad, bad choice IMO

Right the babies are more comfortable with casual dress, but between to dress you little baby boy as "the little Lord Fontleroy" and a very kind Koala, there is a difference which is to dress your baby according the circontances.

I don't think that there is great difference between Norwegian way of life and Danish way of life, but for the same item of " three generations" picture, the little Ingrid Alexandra, who is all days long dress very, very informal ( sometimes quiet cheap!...) wore for this picture a very elegant and "formal" dress of little girl.

It's very easy to dress a baby boy a little better than to go to the nursery, but dosen't matter if that is found of by danish people (to day !), as you are saying.

I agree, dress the baby according to the circumstances. A more formal outfit would have looked much better for the stamp. Frederick and Mary weren't dressed casually. Christian would look adorable in a smocked romper suit!

A very quick view to the picture and he looks like he's wearing a pijama!

corazon said:
+

great photos, this family look so natural in the photos, but I say this again, christian is every time dressed informal:bang:

I think you're referring to the Greenlandic traditional costume?

It looks like a simple looking white hooded sweatshirt, but I don't think it's supposed to be 'informal'.

Larzen said:
AFAIK Princess Amalia was on a stamp as well, and on the picture she was only a few hours old

Ingrid Alexandra was about 10 days on this picture issued for her christening, I like it very much
http://www.nrk.no/img/410165.jpeg

Ofcourse they was from a different baby boom than Christian:flowers:

I must have missed those stamps :sad: I stopped collecting stamps years ago :)

Will there be a Christmascard this year?
Last year's card was too cute!:wub:

He is a little deary. Every day more and more beatiful. He is the perfect mix of his parents physical features with a little of his granny too.

Vanesa.:wub:

he is the cutest baby I have ever seen. I wonder where does the blonde hair comes from?

This little prince has the sweetest smile - just melts your heart

lisa777 said:
he is the cutest baby I have ever seen. I wonder where does the blonde hair comes from?
I think many children have fair hair when they are younger. It is the same with Leah Isadora Behn. Neither her mother Princess Märtha-Louise nor her father Ari Behn has blonde hair, but Leah, like Christian, has very light hair. :rolleyes:

Her_Majesty said:
I think many children have fair hair when they are younger. It is the same with Leah Isadora Behn. Neither her mother Princess Märtha-Louise nor her father Ari Behn has blonde hair, but Leah, like Christian, has very light hair. :rolleyes:

Also, hair colour of children aren't necessarily inherited from the parents, but could just as well be inherited from grandparents through the parents or even further back. And chance is that all these blonde kids will darken as they grow up.

little christian looks so cute. . . and its so good to see the whole family get together. .

Christian is SO adorable! I'm looking forward to watching him grow up in the years to come.

Such a sweet child. He seems so happy.

He is gorgeous!!

He seems content and so loved by his family.

Have anyone seen picture of prince Christian walking yet? He is must be walking by now. Love to see him walking.

Thanking in advance.

In some of the pictures from his visit to Australia you can see him standing up and kinda walking with the help from Frederick and Mary.

kimlan said:
Have anyone seen picture of prince Christian walking yet? He is must be walking by now. Love to see him walking.

Thanking in advance.

Her_Majesty said:

I was born with blonde hair, and I had blonde hair until I was 5....then it started darkening. Neither of my parents nor my grandparents on either side were blonde. My sister had red hair until she was about the same age, and now it's a reddish-brown.

I think he got the blond hair from his grandma, and also his uncle joachim was blond when he was young, so his second son turned out blond as well. So basically it's in his genes, the colour may or may not change.

Does an editorial count as "news"? Well, in any case, it's a rather unique, if jaded, perspective on the Kingaroo's first 15 months.:rolleyes:

I can't wait to see him in about 15-18 yrs. He is already a heartbreaker, imagine then. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom