Prince Christian, Current Events 2: July 2006 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grandpa Henrik has been replicated...there is something about his smile that reminds me of John Donaldson.

But where, oh, where, is the strawberry blonde hair coming from? Grandma Daisy? What a cutie pie!

To me his hair looks identical to Prince Felix's (Joachim's and Alexandra's youngest).

In his face I see a mix of Mary and Henrik.

Lady Bluffton said:
Grandpa Henrik has been replicated...there is something about his smile that reminds me of John Donaldson.

But where, oh, where, is the strawberry blonde hair coming from? Grandma Daisy? What a cutie pie!

ldt20 said:
To me his hair looks identical to Prince Felix's (Joachim's and Alexandra's youngest).

Your right! That's who he reminds me of! Well, in the hair...in his facial characteristics he really looks like Prince Henrik (to me at least).
Wasn't this the color of QMII hair when she was younger? I seem to recall...if it was, maybe that's where he gets that color of hair!:flowers:

The pics are beyond beautiful! Eyes of little Christian became surprisingly blue, it's great. When he was smaller, his eyes were darker, I think.

Thank you so much for all the pics. I think its weird Christian has blonde hair because none of his parents have blonde hair but sure he looks sooo adorable

The little Prince is the image of his paternal Grandfather.

Stellad

stellad said:
The little Prince is the image of his paternal Grandfather.

Stellad

I agree, he looks a good deal like Prince Henrik, imo.:)

Jo of Palatine said:
I love this picture - you can see a happy mom, a relaxed dad (from the way he stands) and an observant and caring doggie (because of the foreigners in the room) in the background while lilleprins decides to dream away... Very, very sweet. :flowers:

I also love this picture..........so natural, so sweet and so beautiful!!!!! :wub:

Prince Christian is a drop dead cutie! What a beautiful little boy!!!

Last edited:
Who does Prince Christian look like?

I found this page on tv2.dk website:
http://nyhederne-dyn.tv2.dk/article.php/id-3034700.html
You can vote for the Danish royal baby to whom Christian bears the most strong resemblance. Well, the choices aren't all Danish royal babies: There's Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Princes Nikolai and Felix, King Christian IX, and King Christian X. So mostly Danish. :rolleyes:

I think Christian is a mix of CP Mary and his grandfather Henrik (same smile and cheeks):wub:

I have so much admirations toward this little family.. They seem so real and down-to-earth.. And I absolutely love that quality about them.. Happy Birthday, Christian!!

Prince Christian Valdemar Henri John: Current Events Part 4

Lady Bluffton said:

In the pictures that I have seen of Mary's mother she had strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes. Her mother was quite pretty.

Lady Bluffton said:

His smile reminds me of John Donaldson too.

I expect that his strawberry blonde will darken into his dad's light brown hair as he ages. Remember CP Felipe of Spain's hair was blonde until he was ten or so!

He has Mary's eyes and nose. He's so cute!

I agree with crisinaki about how much he looks like Grandpa Henrik. That was my first thought from the first pictures of him.
Here's another Birthday Pic from Bt.dk

the little prince looks like such a happy and content baby

Why is he blond????????
If his father and his mother don't are blond!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

does anyone have a baby picture of Prince Henrik ? They seem to be as rare as a set of hen's teeth!

if you have one, please post for comparisons!

Just because Frederick and Mary are not blonde it doesn't mean their children can't. Queen Margrethe and her sister were all blonde as well as Prince Joachim as a child and I believe that Prince Henrik was blonde too.

It's in Christian's genes.

Aninha Brasil said:
Why is he blond????????
If his father and his mother don't are blond!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Yeah, Fred definitely carries a blond gene in his DNA. Margrethe was not exactly blond, though her hair was light as a child, but Anne-Marie was blond all her life, wasn't she? I don't remember all of them, but they definitely have plenty of blond ancestors. But we'll have to see how Christian's looks pan out. The hair might darken. It is more of a strawberry blond though, isn't it? His hair is gorgeous. It's funny how DNA works, I never thought Fred and Mary would have a child with quite such light hair, but DNA can be a strange and fascinating thing.

Royal babies throughout history have been blonde and then their hair has gradually turned darker. For example, all of George V's sons were blonde as babies, but when they grew up, their hair darkened. Christian's hair will probably get darker as he gets older. Wasn't CP Pavlos a blonde as a little boy?

CasiraghiTrio said:
I agree with crisinaki about how much he looks like Grandpa Henrik. That was my first thought from the first pictures of him.
Here's another Birthday Pic from Bt.dk
Awww, this picture is so adorable. :) Oh, and happy birthday to him!

Last edited:
pepperann said:
Happy Belated Birthday to Prince Christian!! Getting cuter by the day! ^_^

Make that belated birthday from me, too!

Happy birthday to the cute little prince!!!!:flowers:

What great pictures. Thanks to everyone who supplied pics. They are priceless and great!! Super cute!:wub: :flowers:

He got some very exquisite gifts for his first birthday. There are quite a few articles in the Danish sites about his "harmonika" (the picture looks like what in English you would say is an accordian) that was handcrafted and painted blue for him, imported from Italy, and it is the sole replica of a special accordian that was made in Frankfort, Germany. It was imported by a very fine Danish instrument-maker.
Also he had several fine gifts from the Australian consulate.

This is my first post. It is lovely to see all the wonderful photos and to hear what you all have to say about the family.
How magical to receive such beautiful and important gifts on your first birthday. I'm sure his parents will make him aware of their significance when he is a little older. In the meantime, he looks as though he adores pretending to be a bear, and playing on his swing.
I also think that Christian looks like a thoughful child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom