Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 7: November 2006 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
madeleine victoria said:
well, honey that would be bec they prefer going out of public related to their duties...i'm not saying that they don't actually go out other than their royal duties but hello we can see that F&L are not really those type of people.. How can you say that it is very negative of them not to entertain media when they are outside not doing anything related to their royal duties? why negative when some people think its good that you don't feed media lots of pictures concerning your daily whereabouts.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What are you talking about ? Maybe you don't follow this couple very much, because you don't like them, but we almost never see pictures on them on vacation or outings, like we do with so many others, we see (almost) only their duties. btw, who the F doesn't prefer having some free time, instead of working. I'm sure "your" beautiful, hardworking principes of Asturais are just like anyone else on the planet! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: "not those type of people" - that's actually pretty insulting to them, I would say.

madeleine victoria said:
well, honey that would be bec they prefer going out of public related to their duties...i'm not saying that they don't actually go out other than their royal duties but hello we can see that F&L are not really those type of people.. How can you say that it is very negative of them not to entertain media when they are outside not doing anything related to their royal duties? why negative when some people think its good that you don't feed media lots of pictures concerning your daily whereabouts.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't really see what you are trying to say!Mary and Frederik let the press take some pictures of them when they are on vacations and to me that is not entertainment for the press, that is their job and a way to show to Danish peole who love them, that they are Ok, and that they are a normal FAMILY!!!Is good to see that they are a very normal couple, that they do so normal things, is good to see that Christian is growing, and IN MY OPINION, is really negative that FandL never go out of the palace unless they have royal duties, to me is negative that they rarely show Leonor!!But please this is just my opinion don't want to argue for this!

Last edited:
Don't bother comparing Fred and Mary, and Felipe and Letizia. They have so many coincidential similarities in their relationships, but we have to remember: they are two different couples with two separate personalities as couples. Even in their courtships, Felipe and Letizia were more private: very few people knew of their relationship prior to their engagement. Fred and Mary were known about for some time. F & L are just more homebodies, and prefer to keep their lives, outside from their duties, very quiet. You have to remember, that is a lot like his parents, who are not overly visible aside from their duties. Fred and Mary are different: she, in particular, is much more open and trusting. They are very active people, in a couple where the monarchy is very popular, and are willing to give a photographer a smile or two, if then they will back off.
It is just personality- all the CPs are different.

Help Me

i just want to know if there was a clip of mary on her bithday i heard she did a interview ? i have trying to find it.

can anyone HELP ME?

AFAIK there was a family photoshoot on her birthday with a short interview.
But nothing on TV.

I know this is completely off track but could somebody tell me where to find the pictures when Mary's hat blew off - I think it was when they were engaged?

Thank You

LadyS, I'm 99.9% sure that the pics are in the "Not Very Pleasant Moments Experienced by Royals" thread, in Royal ChitChat,--actually in the first post in it, by Carlota. (if you haven't looked at it for a while, it really is a hilarious thread)

Last edited:
I'm guessing it's a no-slip grip, to make shoes fit better. Often, when you are pregnant, especcially very pregnant, your feet swell and get wider. Sometimes you have to go up a size, but then they are a little loose. I expect that is Mary's problem, since she has those tapes on both heels. They do not look like bandaids, which I think would have been nude, anyways.

I loved her shoes today. I love all her shoes!

Xeara said:
And can somebody please explain to me and everyone else...a question about her shoes..Is that a big, black heavy duty bandaid on her ankles (to stop blisters) or is that part of the shoe?

They are in this picture too:
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/4595/is13267498ms7.jpg

Thank you :)

I think that for comfort while she is pregnant Mary probably wears stockings. Suspenders would be much less restricting than pantyhose and stockings always have the heel and toes as shown in the picture. Just a thought.

LadyK said:
LadyS, I'm 99.9% sure that the pics are in the "Not Very Pleasant Moments Experienced by Royals" thread, in Royal ChitChat,--actually in the first post in it, by Carlota. (if you haven't looked at it for a while, it really is a hilarious thread)

Thanks for the link. I'll go look there.

Xeara said:
And can somebody please explain to me and everyone else...a question about her shoes..Is that a big, black heavy duty bandaid on her ankles (to stop blisters) or is that part of the shoe?

They are in this picture too:
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/4595/is13267498ms7.jpg

Thank you :)

What a keen eye you have. It took me awhile to notice the black part that you were speaking of.

RachelD said:
Guys, it's part of the shoe! LOL!:lol:

No, it doesn't appear to be. If you look carefully, you can see that this black strip people are talking about is of a different material than the shoe, and if you look at where the top of the shoe touches her skin, it's rolled over on the edge, and this strip extends above that. If it were part of the shoe, you wouldn't see that rolled edge.

Sister Morphine said:
No, it doesn't appear to be. If you look carefully, you can see that this black strip people are talking about is of a different material than the shoe, and if you look at where the top of the shoe touches her skin, it's rolled over on the edge, and this strip extends above that. If it were part of the shoe, you wouldn't see that rolled edge.

I can't wait to see this Princess and her Prince (and little Prince!) at King Harold's birthday events!

:flowers: Now, honestly, I still think it's part of the shoe's design. I did look at the picture again, very closely. And yes, it does resemble a band-aid. But, she has these "things" on both shoes...and they are so obvious. I highly doubt her wardrobe assistants, and much less Mary, would wear band-aids that were so noticable and stuck out like a soar thumb. Plus, I've seen shoes (like at Macy's and stores like that) that have accents/designs like this on them. That's why I still think their not band-aids or something like... Oh! Check out The Danish Royal Watchers....(Danish Royal Watchers: January 2007)

Scroll down to:
Friday, January 26, 2007
Mary accepts donation for Children's Aid Foundation

The first picture (after the commentary) shows a better side view (though farther away) of both shoes...I'm not trying to enforce my opinion on anyone or anything like that...just want to get my view across of why I think the "band-aid" is actually part of the shoe. SORRY FOR GETTING OFF TRACK! :flowers:

I hope we get clear pictures of Mary, Fredrick and Joachim arriving for the galas in Norway the way we did of Mary and Prince Henrick in Sweden!

RachelD said:
Guys, it's part of the shoe! LOL!:lol:

No it's not part of her shoe. If you blow the pic up you can clearly see it is not part of her shoe but a slip grip.

our_girl_Friday said:
No it's not part of her shoe. If you blow the pic up you can clearly see it is not part of her shoe but a slip grip.

i think she's saying that as a joke (which some didn't quite get immediately). that's why there was an LOL and a :lol: there. ;) :D

What an interesting observation Xeara!!! I have always wondered how she managed to wear so many new pairs of shoes without breaking them in.

It sometimes takes me months to get a pair comfortable and she tends to wear hers less than a dozen times (maybe those cream pair from the christening would be the exception)...

Anyway is it surely tape - these images are from another event, with the same black tape.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/gigi_ho/drws/mfeb20_1-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/gigi_ho/drws/mfeb20_2-2.jpg

Credit to Danish Royal Watchers.

Now I want to go back and look at close-up of all her other shoes!

about the black tape:

Could it be the heel of the pantyhose?

suss 2 said:
about the black tape:

Could it be the heel of the pantyhose?

I am sure you are right suss 2. As I mentioned in a previous post it will be the heel of her stocking. If you google 'stocking' you will be able to see that the heels and toes are made that way as they are the wear and tear area's of the foot. :)

No, it's not the heel of her stocking. I've never seen a pair of natural color pantyhose with black toes. They would be the same color as the pantyhose. Also, I've never seen a reinforced heel. Just the toe if that.

crisscross1 said:
I am sure you are right suss 2. As I mentioned in a previous post it will be the heel of her stocking. If you google 'stocking' you will be able to see that the heels and toes are made that way as they are the wear and tear area's of the foot. :)
I know what your talking about but this is some sort of tape on her heel. It is not part of her stocking it is way too thick and dark. It looks like something to prevent blisters from the shoe rubbing her heel.

I don't understand why a woman with such impeccable taste in clothes and shoes would have a peice of ugly black tape stuck on her heel :ermm: ????

crisscross1 said:
I don't understand why a woman with such impeccable taste in clothes and shoes would have a peice of ugly black tape stuck on her heel :ermm: ????

As someone else pointed out, when a woman is pregnant, sometimes her feet swell up and she'd have to go up a shoe size as her normal ones won't fit. These new shoes might be a little too big, so the bandage is there to prevent her from getting blisters when the back rubs up against her heel.

Honestly, I don't think this is a knock against her style at all. Normal women have these same issues and do these same things, so why shouldn't she? She is no different than any other pregnant woman.

crisscross1 said:

Ill fitting shoes maybe? I've done the tape inside the shoe thing before for an ill fitting pair of shoes so I didn't get blisters.

lise said:
Ill fitting shoes maybe? I've done the tape inside the shoe thing before for an ill fitting pair of shoes so I didn't get blisters.

So have I worn them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom