The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 02:28 AM
Majesty

Everybody take a deep breath and cool off. Remember that sarcasm will never help to solve a problem, but it will usually provoke arguments. All members are welcome to join in this discussion. Please act civilly with one another and respect each other's opions even if you don't agree with them.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Mandy
Royal Forums Administrator

Old 08-28-2005, 01:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
Mary hasn't done anything bad has she? To make a few people think she is cold and doesnt love her husband, she must have done something really out there. Or maybe its just people who wish it was them instead of Mary. :)
This is the CHEAPEST and OLDEST retallatory comment in the book!!!
Just because some people are CRITCAL of Mary or other princesses DOES NOT mean that they are JEALOUS of her!!!
Who says that everyone who dislikes Mary is because they think her husband is good looking or envy her lifestyle???
What if people are perfectly happy with their own lives but see a public person who is not living up to their own expectations of royalty???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop
Tut tut tut... this is apparently the «my way or the highway» tread. Well not «my way» because I did the forbidden thing and sinfully explained why some might not see this crown princess as the very best thing to happen to earth since sliced bread. I should probably write that I regret from the bottom of my heart having writing that comment.
AMEN!!!
Not everybody thinks Mary is the best thing to happen since sliced bread or that the sun, moon, and stars revolves around gorgeous, perfect, dedicated and fashionable Mary.
Having respect goes BOTH ways.
Everybody who expresses a negative opinon is being told to not post here or to prove why they dislike Mary.
But those who gush and fawn over Mary can have reign over this thread and can say anything and everything they want.
How is that FAIR or RESPECTFUL???

Old 08-28-2005, 01:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita
Fred was and is surely very in love with Mary . So, when you're in love, you're often blind ...:)
Maybe. But Frederik has family, friends and the Danish government to be his more objective voice of reason. If he were blind, would the rest of these people and the rest of the country be as well?

we've all seen cases where a person married into a royal family and their character turned out to be different than originally portrayed in the media (for both better, and for worse). I think that also happens in a number of marriages amoungst us "common folk". That's the nature of humanity- until one has the chance to actually GET TO KNOW another person intimately, we don't know anything for certain.

I'm just willing to put my faith in Frederik's ability to judge character, and his ability to plot a path for his own long-term happiness. Since he knows Mary a whole lot better than I do, I'm willing to put faith in his judgement.

I feel that way about all the royal princes who have married over the past 5 years.... I might not warm to all the characteristics of these new wives, but until I need to interact with these women myself, I don't see a reason to waste my own positive energy by disliking them.

I can't imagine going into a new marriage where I not only had to impress and get to know my husband's family, but his entire country (and sometimes, the rest of the world) as well. It's no wonder that Diana developed an obsession about the media, Masako developed adjustment disorders etc. etc. etc.

Go ahead- continue to dislike Mary. That's completely your choice to do so. For now, I won't do the same!

Eliza
Old 08-28-2005, 01:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, I gather certain people have seen fit to ignore Mandy's request to calm down and are intent on continuing to fight.

Please note that this is a News and Picture thread, not a thread to hash out yet another set of disagreements about Mary. Since the thread is not at present being used for its stated purpose and is nearly at ten pages, I think it's time to close it and to start afresh with Part 14.

Any posts that use the new thread to continue this feud will be deleted. If people want to argue whether Mary is a money-grubbing dilettante or a woman in love with her husband can start their own thread. And they'd better stay within the forum rules when they do so.

Elspeth

Royal Forums administrator
Old 08-28-2005, 02:08 PM
Aristocracy

Just wanted to say that I can't believe how well pregnancy seems to be suiting Mary. She may throw on sweatpants and eat half a gallon of ice cream privately, but she looks picture perfect when she's in public!

Not planning on having children for a while but when I do, I hope I look half as rosey and healthy!

"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different." ~Coco Chanel
Old 08-29-2005, 05:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Denmark's Princess Mary has once again demonstrated just how good maternity wear can look. The mum-to-be, who is expecting her first child in just over two months, was glowing with health when she paid a visit to a museum in her adoptive homeland this week.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty.../princessmary/
Old 08-29-2005, 02:34 PM
Royal Highness

I am back!!!!
Thanks for he pics, they are amaizing. Is nice back and see that all is better than after.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:42 PM
Nobility

she looks very pretty today
Old 08-31-2005, 03:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
I really liked her in that outfit. It suited her.
I think also that her outfit on Dalga Skolen suited her, but I do not like her hat.

Mary has a great dressing sense, but she looks cold. Yes she is beatiful, yes she has a beautiful smile and yes she has a great taste, but she looks a little cold, but I can't really put on what it is.

She looked great with that orange outfit two days ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Hsu
I think Mary is one of the busiest pregnant women (let alone princesses) that I know! I am really proud of Mary's hard work, good work and her dedication in her
Yeah, Mary is the busiest pregnant princess, and she always look great.

Have she had problems with here pregnants`?

And as you say Linda Hsu:
Old 08-31-2005, 03:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMinka
I think also that her outfit on Dalga Skolen suited her, but I do not like her hat.

Mary has a great dressing sense, but she looks cold. Yes she is beatiful, yes she has a beautiful smile and yes she has a great taste, but she looks a little cold, but I can't really put on what it is.

She looked great with that orange outfit two days ago.
Think she needs a sweater right? Not trying to start again the pro vs anti Mary sterile argument in the last thread because we have been informed that it shall not be tolerated.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
me too. I like her outfit very much -- but I think she's looking abit tired in some of her pictures. She looks nice, but a little like she could do just to get a tiny bit more time off, in my own opinion.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:32 PM
Royal Highness

Bravo!!
Nice photos, nice dress.... i love Mary stly!
Old 09-01-2005, 12:34 AM
Aristocracy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Yeah, I agree with you 100%, norwegianne !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary looks so beautiful, and I really love what Mary wore : the whole combination and colour - very soft, very feminine and very classic. I love the hat and the empire waist look of the top - very Jane Austen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pregnancy does really agree with Mary and she is, indeed, one of the busiest pregnant princesses. What a great asset to the Danish Royal Family. I can see the reason why HM Queen Margrethe is so proud of her daughter-in-law.

Well done, Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2005, 01:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Maxima
Mary opens Dalga's Skolen today
Pics.Polfoto
The hat is georgeous!
Another photo from polfoto.dk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	31-08-2005.JPG
Views:	308
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	187558  

Old 09-01-2005, 01:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not sure if this article has been posted. Sorry if it has. I'm trying to look for a video from yesterday. I've had no luck so far.

Mary's baby a royal trend setter
August 31, 2005

Baby bump ... Princess Mary's child could ascend to the throne regardless of its sex. Picture: Ricardo Ramirez

CROWN Princess Mary's first child looks set to ascend the Danish throne - even if it is a girl - subject to a ground-breaking constitutional change.

More: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...-38200,00.html

Old 09-01-2005, 03:54 AM
Courtier

She looks absolutely gorgeous. She seems to be taking pregnancy in a happy manner. She is very busy yet she manages to look fabulous.

Princess Mary is one of the best looking pregnant woman I have ever seen. She is making sure that she doesn't feel so bad especially at this stage right now. And I think it is very advantageous because a lot of things might happen in a span of nine months. It is also good for her and her baby's health if she makes sure that her pregnancy is happy and good.

I also applaud CP Mary for her fashion choices. A lot of women have a hard time looking good and fashionable especially during their pregnancy. It is not easy to look good while being pregnant. I can't blame her if she looks tired or drained sometimes. It's natural for a pregnant woman.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 09-01-2005, 08:31 AM
Courtier

I think the trick is not to really wear those sack-like "maternity dresses". They're just shapeless. The trick is to wear what you would normally wear, but modify it so it can accomodate your bump. I mean look at what Mary's wearing ... they're normal clothes really. She's worn what I would readily recognise as "maternity wear" only once or twice (e.g. when she visited that flower show in that brown dress... not a big fan of that one ... that's what I would call maternity wear :)
Old 09-01-2005, 08:53 AM
Courtier

Mary has always a great sense of style and clothes ,pregnant or not....:)
Old 09-01-2005, 09:47 AM

She is absolutly stunning and radiant.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Here you have today's news of mary and the baby. :)

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_family/88772004.htm

Denmark's Princess Mary not avoiding work

http://people.monstersandcritics.com...y_keeping_busy

Denmark's Crown Princess Mary keeping busy

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2005/...html?from=top5

If Mary has a little girl, expect to call her queen

Closed Thread