Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 2: April - November 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Angel S. said:
I hear all these roumors about them not liking eachother & people make references to how no one sees them hanging out or talking to one another but that seems silly to me. They live far apart & are always very busy with duties. Besides they may just not have much in common but that doesn't mean they dislike eachother.

Well look what I found, a pic of Mary & Alex obviously enjoying eachother's company.
http://www.colourpress.com/gfx/textarchive_pics/preview/COLOUR10037162.jpg

I agree. It was a stupid article based on speculation. I am Australian and the Woman's Day is a gossipy magazine you read for light entertainment. There is no anti- Alexandra sentiment here - I love both Mary and Alexandra - I think the journalist was desperate for another story and came up with this stupid article. We can really only speculate as to the nature of the princesses' relationship with each other

minder, the one who´s taking care of Mary...
I have no idea who he is thoug

Yennie said:
minder, the one who´s taking care of Mary...
I have no idea who he is thoug
He is the manager of the conference center in which, the fashion-event took place

:)

samitude said:
Do you mean Mary's lady-in-waiting or Per Thornit?
IBL5.jpg

The lady to the left is Mary's Lady-in-Waiting, while the gentleman to the right is the manager of the conference center.

I don't think, Per Thornit were present at the fashion-conference.

Article about Mary

does anybody can give a help to translate the article below in to English.
thanks alot

Mary til modemesse

Kronprinsesse Mary var til modemesse i Bella Center, Frederik skal til at rykke på sin karriere, Henrik rykker på sin som privat-arkitekt, Nathalies går lidt skidt rent sportsligt, Cambodias kong Sihanouk vil droppe den kongelige ditto for politiker-ambitioner, mens donning Sonja og prins Charles nyder fritidslivet - på mere eller mindre behagelige måder.

Kronprinsesse Mary er meget interesseret i mode. Så meget at hun selv gav udtryk for, at hun gerne ville besøge modestandene i Bella Center. Det gjorde hun så sammen med Frederik.
Mary skulle ikke officielt indvie modeugen, men ønskede en orientering om branchen. Sidste år var prinsesse Alexandra til stede. I modebranchen er man glad for at have to prinsesser, der har forstand på og interesse for mode.
http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=296992/

Hi,

Here's a translation:

Mary at fashion fair

Crown princess Mary visited the fashion fair at the Bella Center, Frederik's career about to move on, Henrik's career as a private architect progressing, Nathalie's career sportswise not going so well, king Sihanouk of Cambodia about to give up his royal career for political ambitions while queen Sonja and prince Charles are enjoying hours of leisure - in more or less comfortable ways.

Crown princess Mary is very interested in fashion. To such an extent that she expressed a wish of paying a visit at Bella Center. Which she did together with Frederik.
Mary was not there for an official opening of the fashion week, but went to get information about the industry. Last year princess Alexandra was there. The fashion industry are pleased by having two princesses with knowledge of and interest in fashion.

from http://news.com.au

Mary not pregnant, says Danish queen
By Vanda Carson
August 12, 2004

ON the eve of Crown Princess Mary's arrival in Athens to cheer on the Danish Olympic team, her mother-in-law has flatly denied the former Australian is pregnant.

Queen Margrethe implored the media to give the law graduate and former Sydney real estate agent some "room to breathe".

"Crown Princess Mary is not pregnant," she said outside the royal holiday chateau in France yesterday.

Observers in Denmark and Australia have been on the look-out for a tell-tale bump since Tasmanian-born Mary Donaldson married Crown Prince Frederik in May.

In Copenhagen every billowing skirt or perceived bulge has become fodder for excited headlines. The excitement has spread to Australia, with gossip magazines speculating that the 32-year-old's dramatic weight loss has affected her ability to conceive.

Another magazine has blamed a "bitter rivalry" with her sister-in-law, Princess Alexandra, for inflaming tensions in the world's oldest monarchy.

Queen Margrethe told the briefing that Mary was "a lovely person" of whom she was "very proud", but the media needed to allow the couple time to relax after their hectic wedding.

"The most important thing is that the young couple is left in peace. We are not sitting on the edge of our chairs (waiting for a baby)," she said.

Prince Frederik's father, Prince Henrik, said that when the time came, Mary and Frederik would announce the impending birth themselves. "It is for the young couple to announce."

Princess Mary has not spoken about her plans for a family since she gave an extensive interview to a Danish newspaper before the wedding.

"We both see ourselves with children," she told Danish newspaper Politiken.

"I don't know how many, but I hope we will get a chance to have as many as we want."

The princess is due to arrive today in Athens, where she will attend the opening and closing ceremonies and take in several equestrian and sailing events.

The couple are expected to take a short break in the middle of the Games, before returning for the closing ceremony on August 29.

The couple first met during the Sydney Olympics at city watering hole the Slip Inn.

The Australian

Another magazine has blamed a "bitter rivalry" with her sister-in-law, Princess Alexandra, for inflaming tensions in the world's oldest monarchy.

Regrading that statement on their bitter rivalry, some people really love to see the Crown Princess and Princess Alexandra in trouble. Can't they mind their own businesses. Well I think that is their business. All we can do is not to mind them for we all know that Crown Princess Mary is in fine relation with Princess Alexandra. And both them make the DRF more popular and at the same time they do a lot of things for their country which is a very nice thing.

paulette said:
Which magazine?

paulette said:
Regrading that statement on their bitter rivalry, some people really love to see the Crown Princess and Princess Alexandra in trouble. Can't they mind their own businesses. Well I think that is their business. All we can do is not to mind them for we all know that Crown Princess Mary is in fine relation with Princess Alexandra. And both them make the DRF more popular and at the same time they do a lot of things for their country which is a very nice thing.
I can only second that. I really like each Princess - each has their own personality and style of being a Princess. I appreciate that :)

Chatleen said:
Which magazine?

That would be the "Woman's Day" magazine. It's a Woman's gossip magazine (Australia's version of tabloids) and you really read it with a grain of salt. It's not the most reliable source of information for anything.

Babylove said:
That would be the "Woman's Day" magazine. It's a Woman's gossip magazine (Australia's version of tabloids) and you really read it with a grain of salt. It's not the most reliable source of information for anything.
No, I've heard that magazine mentioned before ;) Thanks for telling me the "source" :)

She's definitely the Style Queen in my book! It's not just her stunning looks, but her carriage and style, the way she presents herself. I'm sure any designer would kill for her to wear his/her fashions. She can make nearly any outfit look exquisite.

thanks for translate

Thanks for your help UserDane . I'd like to know more about CP Mary but most of news I found about her are in Danish.

UserDane said:
Hi,

Here's a translation:

Mary at fashion fair

Crown princess Mary visited the fashion fair at the Bella Center, Frederik's career about to move on, Henrik's career as a private architect progressing, Nathalie's career sportswise not going so well, king Sihanouk of Cambodia about to give up his royal career for political ambitions while queen Sonja and prince Charles are enjoying hours of leisure - in more or less comfortable ways.

Crown princess Mary is very interested in fashion. To such an extent that she expressed a wish of paying a visit at Bella Center. Which she did together with Frederik.
Mary was not there for an official opening of the fashion week, but went to get information about the industry. Last year princess Alexandra was there. The fashion industry are pleased by having two princesses with knowledge of and interest in fashion.

Everyone has their own opinions..Different folks different strokes:p

I agree Samitude, she does look quite nice in that last photo:)

i must say, being royal and a crown princess at that, really changed her style. She was ok before, casual, but now she is so well put together and her weight loss certainly made her look much much better too!
denmark has a beautiful crown princess and also has a beautiful princess alex.
both very pretty!

Hear hear ingenue!! Both are a gift to Denmark (Alex because of all the work she has done, and Mary - being still new at this - because she's the Danish Crown Prince's choice (and other attributes but some people seem to find listing Mary's attributes offensive and I'm in no mood to read negative one-liners) :)

Rubbish! Nothing but Rubbish! Insane. They need to leave both Mary and Alexandra alone!

I am sorry ..but who is mary anyway :eek: ...I am new to this forum...I did not know that denmark was a monarchy....I only know spain and britain as monarchy....And out of the scandinvian countries, sweden is more known to me because of their strong car VOLVO

Please see my reply on the other post.

matesha said:
I am sorry ..but who is mary anyway :eek: ...I am new to this forum...I did not know that denmark was a monarchy....I only know spain and britain as monarchy....And out of the scandinvian countries, sweden is more known to me because of their strong car VOLVO
Mary is the Crown Princess of Denmark. She was an Australian citizen who met Crown Prince Frederik at the 2000 Sydney Olympics. The couple married on 14 May 2004.

kate14 said:
"With all due respect to all opinions and all posters--isn't this chin thing getting a bit silly" - Lucys, I agree

I see another poster started a poll about her Chin :shock:

Ok people don't you just think you are like running way pass the line of obsession? How high her chin is? So what...she is a confident person, she has pride in who she is.... what's wrong with that? O__O Golly the extremes people go to MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA it's sooo mental ^__^ hahahahahaha

I think that the Princess is extremly striking. Extremly poised, and amazingly graceful. As for the "chin up thingy" well, I don't find Mary being any different that any of the other Princess' with the exception of Letizia, who seems to have it higher!

I have been away, so my reply to this thread is somewhat delayed, however, I have noticed that many magazines in Australia seem to want to routinely have a new 'story' about Mary and her new Royal Life. It seems she features regularily in different magazines, not usually much of a story at all, but a new pic or two, usually singing her praises and how much she is loved by the Danish people.

Its all news. And it sells. Unfortunately, it doesnt have to be the absolute TRUTH to sell these articles, but her new face in the limelight seems to do the job well!

I agree, its pretty awful to make these ideas up that the two Royal sister in laws have issues, and God knows where that comes from, ( minus the few pics where they arent smiling at each other lol )

Its pretty trashy journalism, and hopefully soon they will stop publishing articles based on this topic.
At least Alexandra and Mary have the diplomacy these stupid articles sincerely lack!

Well what can i say about the Australian Woman's Day Magazine except that is must be the most absurd magazine to be roaming Australia [i'm Australian so don't think i'm some foreigner making rasict slurs :p ] the magazine over dramatizes stories into crazy proportions and 99% of the time the stories aren't very significant. It has like 5 pages dedicated to these 'stories' and then 10 pages on how to lose weight followed by like 20 pages of the latest recipe [ironic with all the wight loss tip don't u think?] and then 20 pages of advertisement...not a real mag to really take serious eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom