Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 6: January-October 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Christian is such an adorable little boy. Thanks!

the pics are really cute. until when are they staying in croatia for and when did they go to nordjylland? who are the friends who appear in the photos?

Hmm, no life vest for little Christian. I never even noticed that. It is always such a wonder to me and part of the enjoyment in my opinion of forums such as these. Things that I completely miss don't escape others!

I'm not a parent so I'm not really sure how I feel about this. Yes, he may be a beginning swimmer but this is not a pool. This is a much more dangerous body of water. But at the same time Mary should know the behaviors of her child and know if he's going to act wild and crazy on board or just sit there and soak it all in. Plus, this isn't really the type of boat where you are running around a lot is it? It looks pretty small and cramped to me. There doesn't look to be any free open running room. I think vigil parents is what children need when around water, and Mary was that.

I'm not a parent so I'm not really sure how I feel about this. Yes, he may be a beginning swimmer but this is not a pool. This is a much more dangerous body of water. But at the same time Mary should know the behaviors of her child and know if he's going to act wild and crazy on board or just sit there and soak it all in. Plus, this isn't really the type of boat where you are running around a lot is it? It looks pretty small and cramped to me.

Oh for goodness sake, :ohmy: he was on the little boat for a short journey, he has umpteen security agents with him and he doesn't look like the sort of child who would suddenly throw a hissy fit and dive over board. As a mother I'm sure that Mary knows exactly how her son will behave, hence no life vest.
Thanks Linda Hsu for the great photo's of the young family playing at the beach. :flowers:

Oh for goodness sake, :ohmy: he was on the little boat for a short journey, he has umpteen security agents with him and he doesn't look like the sort of child who would suddenly throw a hissy fit and dive over board. As a mother I'm sure that Mary knows exactly how her son will behave, hence no life vest.
Thanks Linda Hsu for the great photo's of the young family playing at the beach. :flowers:

The observation you reply to is very relevant!, but your reply was dismissive, unfortunate considering the gravity of the topic. Christian should have been wearing a life vest IMO, and it is a conundrum that Princess Mary covered herself up from the sun, but her son had bare arms, and nothing on his head, a rather hypocritical turn considering she had warned some young children about the dangers of exposure to the sun during one of her appearances.

A couple of more links to see Marty, Christian, and the rest in Skagen.

:)

Thanks for the pictures GT. Christian seems to be getting chubbier which i find very cute on little kids his age. He cant go missing in the yellow coat. Mary looks good as well, a break is needed after being pregnant for 9months and on duty.

Oh for goodness sake, :ohmy: he was on the little boat for a short journey, he has umpteen security agents with him and he doesn't look like the sort of child who would suddenly throw a hissy fit and dive over board.

I don't think the problem was with Christian. He seems a very calm child. but something could have happen with the boat, sometimes there are accidents.
Just my opinion about the subject.

Yes, he should have worn a life vest. However, it was a short ride, and I'm sure as someone mentioned, he had an army of lifeguards at his disposal in case anything went wrong. I think it's fair to say Christian was never in a real danger. Accidents can happen to anyone, anywhere, at anytime, even with a life vest. We all know they are safe and sound, that's what matters the most. I just adore this little guy!!

Yes, he should have worn a life vest. However, it was a short ride, and I'm sure as someone mentioned, he had an army of lifeguards at his disposal in case anything went wrong. I think it's fair to say Christian was never in a real danger. Accidents can happen to anyone, anywhere, at anytime, even with a life vest. We all know they are safe and sound, that's what matters the most. I just adore this little guy!!

Also, his dad was/is in the Marines (a frogman I believe) and thus should be more than able in any situation at sea.

and it is a conundrum that Princess Mary covered herself up from the sun, but her son had bare arms, and nothing on his head, a rather hypocritical turn considering she had warned some young children about the dangers of exposure to the sun during one of her appearances.
The campaigne she launched is called "Skru ned for solen - mellem 12&15" (Turn down on the sun between 12am-3pm). And she told the children they shouldn't be out in the sun without protection through sunlotion and hat during that particular daytime.

Do you know at what daytime those pictures were taken? Do you know whether Mary used sunlotion?
Do you know whether there was need for a sunhat? (Probably not since Mary did not cover herself up with a hat either.)

Actually we don't know any of these things.
So how can you call Mary a hypocrite?
I guess that's just your opinion?
And in a democracy everyone has a right to his opinion,
no matter if it is imparting false information or not. :D

Last edited:
I think we have some reason here! Little Christian should wear a sun hat despite the time those pictures were taken, the sun is shinning and the sun is very strong in Croatia those days! He has a very light skin so he should has a lot of sun cream protector! And I don't think it is only my opinion, the sun is very strong In July and August and Christian is not use to the sun so he should wear a hat to protect and a lot of sun protector for sure!! To me Mary has made a mistake not to put a hat and maybe a t.shirt to cover his bare arms :eek::eek: and even more considering the campain Mary did towards the Sun ( "Skru ned for solen - mellem 12&15" )

In fact you don't know how strong the sun was at that particular time. And for how long he was in the sun. (And if it was between 12am & 3pm.) And you also don't know what he is used to or not.

Mary does know all these things and since we never have seen Christian with a sunburnt skin so far I assume she knows what to do and when to do it. (Remember the pictures of Christian with sunlotion on his face in Australia?)

I just took my son to kindergarten and he was not wearing a hat and had bare arms although the sun was shining. Terrible mistake, I'm sure, he will never recover from it. But somehow I didn't get the impression that he felt unwell. :D

Last edited:
Absolutely not, I'm sure that the little prince has access to a swimming pool and is probably a very proficient swimmer. In Australia babies are being taught to swim from a very young age, just months old. I'm sure that CP Mary is the kind of mum who would ensure that Prince Christian is safe at all times and would have a firm grip on him. JMO :flowers:

Even adults have to wear a life jacket. IT IS irresponsible by CP Mary, that Prince Christian wears not a life jacket.
In Skandinavia they do so much for children's safety - they like to do a little bit more than necessary and I think, that is a great attitude - so why can't CP Mary be a role model.

In fact you don't know how strong the sun was at that particular time. And for how long he was in the sun. (And if it was between 12am & 3pm.) And you also don't know what he is used to or not.

Mary does know all these things and since we never have seen Christian with a sunburnt skin so far I assume she knows what to do and when to do it. (Remember the pictures of Christian with sunlotion on his face in Australia?)

I just took my son to kindergarten and he was not wearing a hat and had bare arms although the sun was shining. Terrible mistake, I'm sure, he will never recover from it. But somehow I didn't get the impression that he felt unwell. :D
Wearing a hat is useful not only betewen 12am and 3pm, it is necessary to wear a hat if the sun is shinning for young kids and it is even more necessary if we are in summer where UV's are very high! Christian is not used to the sun, he was born and live in Denmark so he is not used to high temperatures and to the sun for sure! Of course if we let our son to have a sunburnt that is very bad and that is the utilmate consequence of not having sun protector and I assume that is not the case, but we need to be carreful with the sun, a hat and a t-shirt with medium sleeves could be the best for a baby that hasn't been to the sun very often!:flowers:

Last edited:
I think Mary knew at the time what she was doing by not puttinlg a life jacket on the little one, i think if it was a longer ride, high tide waters then she wouldve used or been advised to put one on him. Mother knows best for her child, we cant judge every single picture we see. Its one of a 1000 taken.

I do not disagree with you on principle, biboquinhas.
But I believe Mary knows the situation better than we do and can handle it. I also believe she is a caring mother and if a hat and a life-vest would have been necessary or available (I spend my holidays regularly in Croatia and never saw any children with life-vests on any boat) then she would have used them.

This was a short boat-trip along the beach to the ship in the harbour, they were not out on the deep sea, exposing Christian to the sun for half an hour.

We have seen other royal children out in the sun with no hats and nobody bothered to even take notice but it seems to me in connection with Mary every little thing becomes a big problem (and an indication for selfish and hypocritical behaviour - see wiwaxia's post to which I was originally responding).

Last edited:
I do not disagree with you on principle, biboquinhas.
But I believe Mary knows the situation better than we do and can handle it. I also believe she is a caring mother and if a hat and a life-vest would have been necessary or available (I spend my holidays regularly in Croatia and never saw any children with life-vests on any boat) then she would have used them.

This was a short boat-trip along the beach to the ship in the harbour, they were not out on the deep sea, exposing Christian to the sun for half an hour.

We have seen other royal children out in the sun with no hats and nobody bothered to even take notice but it seems to me in connection with Mary every little thing becomes a big problem (and an indication for selfish and hypocritical behaviour - see wiwaxia's post to which I was originally responding).

It was just a short trip by dinghy to the waiting yacht, for heaven's sake.

...but it seems to me in connection with Mary every little thing becomes a big problem (and an indication for selfish and hypocritical behaviour - see wiwaxia's post to which I was originally responding).

You are so right! Thank god that Christian is so extraordinarily well behaved for a child his age; just imagine the failings that would be attributed to Mary as a mother if Christian had for example been as 'lively' as his cousin Nikolai sometimes appeared to be (since Mary seems to be held solely responsible for whatever is felt to be wrong around her children; wonder if she made Christian and Isabella all by her self as well :rolleyes: ....clever girl ;))

Looks like we're going round in circles again discussing yet another controversial topic. It’s time to get back to Frederik and Mary’s current events.

If anyone wishes to further discuss whether a child, his parents or his great aunt Edna should wear a life jacket in a dinghy, row bow, canoe, yacht or whatever, please start a thread in Members' Corner to pursue said discussion. Otherwise, further posts on this subject will be deleted without notice.

Thanks! :flowers:

Danish Forum Moderators

Croatia's idyllic Istrian Peninsula - CNN.com
article on cnn travel decribes croatia as venice on the Mediterranean. it looks beautiful. traveling on the boat they can go to many places and take day trips inland without the press knowing from day to day what they are doing, seems like a good plan to me. some of the places sound romantic and unspoiled it should be a lovely vacation. i bet the boat owners love the pr!

Awww!!! I love seeing small children on vacation, they are just so interested in everything!! I wonder why Danish Royal Watchers doesn't have the current pictures up yet....
They must be on holiday themselves. They always have great pics! I'm sure we will get to see bigger one soon, I can't wait. Thanks for posting the pictures of the family. What a lucky lady Mary is!!!:flowers:

I wonder why Danish Royal Watchers doesn't have the current pictures up yet....

There are other blogs out there besides the one you mentioned, so why not search to see what they might have?

Second, and I'm guessing here, the reason why they don't have the breaking news story along with photos: The Danish magazines haven't written anything about the Crown Prince couple's vacation (except what they wrote on July 18, 2007.)

The photos, posted above, are brand new (perhaps only a couple of hours) and since one of the blog owners lives in Austraila while the other lives in the States, they haven't had a chance to post anything yet. Give them a while and perhaps they will have something interesting from Billed Bladet, Se og Hor, or an original DRWs article up online within a couple of hours:flowers:.

Finally, they're usually on top of things and are trustworthy so I wouldn't worry. Hang tight.

I know! I know! "Patience is a virtue"... I keep checking their site every couple of hours. They are great at getting good photos and info. In the meantime, trying to "hang tight"! LOL!:D

I have been checking the Danish royal watchers site also. But I kind of thought they would be cautious about putting to many pics up. Simply because this is a vacation that the family is on. This is their own private family time. I like seeing the pics don't get me wrong but sometimes I feel a little guilty when it comes to pics of royals and celebs on vacation(on their own time).

But I kind of thought they would be cautious about putting to many pics up. Simply because this is a vacation that the family is on.
I wouldn't classify them as cautious whatsoever.

Their an upfront fan site; reporting the latest news responsibly without covering anything up for the sake of saving face. If they find a series of photos or if various photos are sent to them, from the other board etc, they'll post it.

Perhaps they are busy or, like someone previously noted, on holiday.

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem, Kimlan.

Click here to see more.:) Also, for more tales of fun (including tons of enlarged photos) on their recent trip to Skagen, please click here.

The campaigne she launched is called "Skru ned for solen - mellem 12&15" (Turn down on the sun between 12am-3pm). And she told the children they shouldn't be out in the sun without protection through sunlotion and hat during that particular daytime.

Do you know at what daytime those pictures were taken? Do you know whether Mary used sunlotion?
Do you know whether there was need for a sunhat? (Probably not since Mary did not cover herself up with a hat either.)

Actually we don't know any of these things.
So how can you call Mary a hypocrite?
I guess that's just your opinion?
And in a democracy everyone has a right to his opinion,
no matter if it is imparting false information or not. :D

Yes, you guessed correctly, it is just my opinion; thanks for your reply! and therefore cannot be 'imparting false information' as you infer; if a person represents a cause, then IMO they should be exemplary in support of its criteria - on and off 'duty'.

There are other blogs out there besides the one you mentioned, so why not search to see what they might have?

Second, and I'm guessing here, the reason why they don't have the breaking news story along with photos: The Danish magazines haven't written anything about the Crown Prince couple's vacation (except what they wrote on July 18, 2007.)

The photos, posted above, are brand new (perhaps only a couple of hours) and since one of the blog owners lives in Austraila while the other lives in the States, they haven't had a chance to post anything yet. Give them a while and perhaps they will have something interesting from Billed Bladet, Se og Hor, or an original DRWs article up online within a couple of hours:flowers:.

Finally, they're usually on top of things and are trustworthy so I wouldn't worry. Hang tight.

Just wondering what makes you think one of the blog owners live in Australia?
I am not so sure :ermm:

Yes, you guessed correctly, it is just my opinion; thanks for your reply! and therefore cannot be 'imparting false information' as you infer; if a person represents a cause, then IMO they should be exemplary in support of its criteria - on and off 'duty'.

Yes well sunburn would be the least of my worries, Doctors can treat it.
Who ever the person was that organised the shore excursion should be immediatley dismissed from he Royaly family's employ. To load a little boat like that to the "gunwales" with passangers and children none of whom have life preservers, is bordering on stupid to say the least.
CP Fredrick and P Christian are not allowed to fly together and here they both are not to mention the little Princess, all afloat in a tiny boat bobbing around in the water like corks.
Would have been far more prudent to make 2 trips.:ohmy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering what makes you think one of the blog owners live in Australia?
I am not so sure :ermm:

If you go to the site and click on lotte, it shows the location as Australia. :flowers:
Why do you think otherwise?

I think otherwise because after surfing this site for a few months I have picked up that "Lotte" (who always seems to be the one to answer "comments") knows very little about life in Australia. Could be you need to be Aussie to pick up on it. Also the time they post is usually well after midnight Aussie time. Except when it is something live like the Christening. I could very well be wrong in which case I will apoligise, in the mean time I just wonder why Lotte feels the need to say she is based in Australia if it is not so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom