Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 6: January-October 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I moved all posts about Willem-Alexander's 40th birthday to "Frederik went sailing while Willem-Alexander had a birthday party" thread. See you there, and let's have fun with this discussion.

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator

I just read at the crown prince couple's website that they are paying an official visit to Romania on October 8 and 9 (D.K.H. Kronprinsparret - D.K.H. Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessens kalender) - hadn't heard about that before.

Me neither but i think that it is greath that they are going on thes trips together..perhaps Mary will resive another order to her collection :flowers: ( it woud be nice if i did not have to send an update about her orders to the court..i had to do it last time when the president of Brasillien was her):bang:

TV2 news TV 2 Nyhederne - Mary protektor for HjerneSagen reports that Mary has become a patron of the 'HjerneSagen' - an organisation which helps people who have suffered thrombosis and other types of damage to the brain.

So this will be Mary's 11th patronage within the social and health area. Perhaps she is just about 15 patronages away from being forgiven for having TWO patronages for CIFF and Designers Nest then .... :glare:

Patronages

11 Patronages? Sounds pretty much. What is the "job" of a patron?

11 in the social and health sector
1 humanitarian aid
2 research and science
3 culture
2 fashion
2 sport

11 Patronages? Sounds pretty much. What is the "job" of a patron?
On this site http://kongehuset.dk/publish.php?dogtag=k_dk_familien_prinsen_protek (in Danish) it says under the heading "Protektorens rolle" that when a member of the royal family undertakes a patronage it means that the royal will 'favour' the association/institution/cause or organisation in question. They may do so by spreading knowledge about the individual patronage and inspire others to contribute and support the patronage in various ways.
The royal patron will visit the patronage and attend special events and depending on the patronage there may be frequent meetings.

Royal patronage may differ from one patronage to the other and may be charitable or with a view to further exports.

Next week, Mary will for example attend World Mental Healthday at the Falconer Center - as patron of the Danish Mental Health Fund; the day after she will attend an event at the National Museum in Copenhagen where research grants are handed out - as patron of the Danish Heart Association

how good is mary as a patron? may some Danish could tell me. i love to know more and more about one of my favorite princesses :flowers:

Bravo, Mary!!! Personally speaking as someone who has a relative who suffered a brain stroke, I commend her for being the patron of HjerneSagen.

Bravo, Mary!!! Personally speaking as someone who has a relative who suffered a brain stroke, I commend her for being the patron of HjerneSagen.
I agree; I like that she has taken on this patronage :)
On the website of Hjernesagen it says that in Denmark, around 12 000 people are affected every year by cerebral thrombosis/cerebral haemorrhage (stroke), while a further 50 000 have to live with the after-effects of a stroke.

And after concert there will be dinner in Fredensborg Palace.

It was just said in the radio that the concert tonight and the souper afterwards are for representatives of the new socalled regions here; the old division of the country into 'amter' (which more or less corresponded to counties) has been discontinued and instead Denmark now has a few much larger regions.
It was said that prince Henrik has selected tonight's music (and they probably cannot avoid his Cayx wine either ;))

I´m impatience for see Crown Prince Couple tonight!
Will asist the Queen and Prince Herink with them?

I´m impatience for see Crown Prince Couple tonight!
Will asist the Queen and Prince Herink with them?

On the calender it only mentions the Prince & princess but would be nice to see the Queen & prince as well;) Lets wait & see !!

On the calender it only mentions the Prince & princess but would be nice to see the Queen & prince as well;) Lets wait & see !!

in the kongehuset.dk webpage it doesn't mention any members, so i believe it will either be a family thing or a last minute decision (?), perhaps they were unsure. i would love if joachim and marie attended to see marie in her first engagement as royal fiancee. perhaps that's why they didn't want to officially announced who may be present, as there may be a last minute incorporation. :) (although all this may be wishful thinking)

The Crown Prince couple along with Queen Margrethe and the Prince Consort were in Sonderborg today for the Inauguration of Alsion."

Click here to view and learn about today's event.

Last edited by a moderator:
It´s a pity we haven´t pics of the event.
Can some Danish member tell us what is Alsion?

don't like Mary's hat!! the outfit o.k suits the ocassion but the hat no!!!

It´s a pity we haven´t pics of the event.
Can some Danish member tell us what is Alsion?
Paty, you can read a summary of the history and the vision of Alsion here Alsion i Sønderborg (in English) :flowers:

It says that the Alsion construction project 'was intended to achieve a high level of cohesion between education and research, have striking architectural value, and be a joint project between the public and private sectors'.

Time to close this topic.

Please continue the discussion here.

Thanks,
Danish Mod team

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom