Countess Alexandra & Martin Jørgensen, Current Events 2: October 2008 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Lilla and Sgl..both of them no need this kind of publicity...

I agree with Lilla and Sgl..both of them no need this kind of publicity...

I agree, and to be honest I don't think she even wants a lot of publicity these days; as we saw with the Vl-Group 24 or 42 or whatever it's called, she seems to be more focussed on her business career now.

What grade level will the boys be when they return to school in the fall?

I know, I am saying always the same.......but, yes, I like Countess Alexandra very much!

Countess Alexandra's public profile - Present and in the future?

Some questions for the Danish members here.:) How is Countess Alexandra's public profile in Denmark today compared to her public profile when she was a princess? Has her popularity or the attention paid to her by the media been affected much by the arrival of Crown Princess Mary and now Princess Marie? As time goes by and the media focuses more on Crown Princess Mary and Princess Marie and their families, how do you think Countess Alexandra's public profile will be affected or do you think it will remain the same? Does anyone think that she will ever become a truly private person in the future...especially...when Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary become King and Queen of Denmark (God Willing!:flowers:) and Alexandra's sons move from being the eldest grandchildren of Queen Margrethe to the nephews of King Frederik X?
Thanks for the responses!!:flowers:

Some questions for the Danish members here.:) How is Countess Alexandra's public profile in Denmark today compared to her public profile when she was a princess? Has her popularity or the attention paid to her by the media been affected much by the arrival of Crown Princess Mary and now Princess Marie? As time goes by and the media focuses more on Crown Princess Mary and Princess Marie and their families, how do you think Countess Alexandra's public profile will be affected or do you think it will remain the same? Does anyone think that she will ever become a truly private person in the future...especially...when Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary become King and Queen of Denmark (God Willing!:flowers:) and Alexandra's sons move from being the eldest grandchildren of Queen Margrethe to the nephews of King Frederik X?
Thanks for the responses!!:flowers:

Of course when Frederik and Mary become King and Queen, Alexandra's public profile will somehow lessen especially Christian will be introduced as the new heir. But I somehow believe that the Countess will always be popular in Denmark. She was engaged in various establishments and duties. She helped promote Denmark in every way she know of. Her title of being Countess was a proof that Queen Margrethe acknowledged Alexandra's accomplishments. I have always like her. She's smart, elegant and a very loving mother.

Of course when Frederik and Mary become King and Queen, Alexandra's public profile will somehow lessen especially Christian will be introduced as the new heir. But I somehow believe that the Countess will always be popular in Denmark. She was engaged in various establishments and duties. She helped promote Denmark in every way she know of. Her title of being Countess was a proof that Queen Margrethe acknowledged Alexandra's accomplishments. I have always like her. She's smart, elegant and a very loving mother.

Madeleine Victoria, I concur. And as she still is engaged in various establishments and duties she will continue to be a popular person for the media to write about - and for the Danes to read about.

I do think though, that when the royal children, including her own two boys, grow up - the spotlight will change to them and it will be possible for her to have a more private life then the one she has today.

Regarding media attention - a change has happend since she was a Princess. Serious Danish newspapers with focus on business is writing about her now and again. This is due to her boardmembership of a Swiss pharmaceutical compagny. Though most of her business-activities mainly goes on behind closed doors some activeties are public and this attracts the interests of those newspapers. Not because she is a former Princess or a Countess but because she is a skilled businesswoman. At the same time the Princess/Countess stories are handled by the tittle-tattel magazines with their focus on glamour, gossip and so on.

I wonder if her and Martin will ever have children of their own. Have they ever said anything about it?

I wonder if her and Martin will ever have children of their own. Have they ever said anything about it?

All she has ever said is, I believe, "children come when they come"; she's just kept very non-committal about it.

Alex: Hemmelig familieferie hos Remee - MSN Starlounge

Countess Alexandra and her family are on vacation in Turkey. They celebrated her 45th birthday at the 5 star hotel, Mardan Palace. Alexandra and Martin have also purchased a holiday apartment in Alanya at the exclusive Oasis Club II, a luxury community that is currently under construction.

Grevinde Alexandra: Supersnobbet - Royalt - SE og HØR

Se og Hoer say that Alexandra is "super snobbish" and "has a hard time letting social aspirations go" because she had a nurse with her whilst on holiday in Turkey and had been, before divorcing, apparently a very "tough/severe lady to the servants." The caption says that although she is small and fine, she is also very harsh and dominant.

Grevinde Alexandra: Supersnobbet - Royalt - SE og HØR

Se og Hoer say that Alexandra is "super snobbish" and "has a hard time letting social aspirations go" because she had a nurse with her whilst on holiday in Turkey and had been, before divorcing, apparently a very "tough/severe lady to the servants." The caption says that although she is small and fine, she is also very harsh and dominant.

"Se og Hør" is competing with tabloid Extrabladet in producing the most royal media garbage! If Alexandra had been a "super snob", I suppose that she would have opted for a more upmarket second husband! However the stories about the way she treated her staff seem to pop up on a regular basis. There's an old saying that there is no smoke without fire! I for one am willing to believe that there is some truth to these reports! If you can nag your husband at an official royal event at the royal theatre in front of TV-cameras (after 2-3 years of marriage) and if you can say to journalists that their questions are idiotic (which they where, but still...), then you are probably able to tell the staff a thing or two! :whistling:

:flowers:And once again thank you Alex001, for all the work you do in keeping us updated about Countess Alexandra :flowers:.

Viv

"Se og Hør" is competing with tabloid Extrabladet in producing the most royal media garbage! If Alexandra had been a "super snob", I suppose that she would have opted for a more upmarket second husband! However the stories about the way she treated her staff seem to pop up on a regular basis. There's an old saying that there is no smoke without fire! I for one am willing to believe that there is some truth to these reports! If you can nag your husband at an official royal event at the royal theatre in front of TV-cameras (after 2-3 years of marriage) and if you can say to journalists that their questions are idiotic (which they where, but still...), then you are probably able to tell the staff a thing or two! :whistling:

:flowers:And once again thank you Alex001, for all the work you do in keeping us updated about Countess Alexandra :flowers:.

Viv

My pleasure Viv:flowers: - and thanks for the information, I'd just completely dismissed that story because to be honest I'd never heard it before and I'd also never heard the ones about her nagging her husband in front of TV cameras:eek: and telling journalists that their questions were idiotic...so maybe their is a grain of truth after all, as you say.

My pleasure Viv:flowers: - and thanks for the information, I'd just completely dismissed that story because to be honest I'd never heard it before and I'd also never heard the ones about her nagging her husband in front of TV cameras:eek: and telling journalists that their questions were idiotic...so maybe their is a grain of truth after all, as you say.

The theatre incident happened in 1997 or 1998. I believe it was at HM's silver jubilee, but I'm not 100 pct. sure, Radio Denmark (DR TV) has the photographic evidence! Anyway, after the break the royal party were taking their seats next to the royal box, waiting for HM and HRH when the cameras caught a hissing Alexandra telling her husband off. If looks could kill ......The camera eventually panned away from the scene, however it wasn't lost on anyone!

The ´idiotic questions" comment fell after Alexandra and Joachim left the hospital with the newborn Prince Nikolaj!

By the way, why are these adverts attaching themselves to some of our posts? Is it a random, automatic feature or what?? :rolleyes:

Viv

Wow. I never would have imagined that Alexandra is "super snobbish". She seems fairly laid-back. Did they name the servants who made the reports about her behavior? I'm not saying this article is 100% true or completely false, I just think that stories are more solid when the sources are named.

I also would like to know more about the incident with Prince Joachim. I wonder what prompted her anger toward him during that evening. I'll bet she was not pleased when she discovered that her angry admonishment of Joachim was captured on film. Oops.

I no longer remember these reports in detail; the sources were not named, if I remember correctly; who would risk their future prospect of employment by publically criticizing their employer? I remember dismissing the rumours when they first appeared. It would be out of character for the then Princess Alexandra and the royal court to comment on the stories. I just made a mental note of the fact that noone from the Schackenborg environment ever rushed to Alexandra's defence! Later I decided that maybe there was some truth in this: a good friend of mine had on occasions been carrying out some services (sorry, I cannot be specific) for Alexandra when she was a princess, and my friend perceived her as "intimidating".

As for the theatre incident: all we've got is the footage from DR TV! It speaks for itself.

Nota bene: What has been said here does not detract from the good works of Alexandra. I respected her enormously and I was sad to see her leave the Danish royal family. I remember many saying that A & J were an odd couple when they first married, incompatible at that, Alexandra from the pulsating metropol HKG and Joachim far from the maddening crowd at Schackenborg. They were right, as it turned out!

viv

Well, my two cents of wisdom after having read all these posts about Alexandra being a snobbish personality. Though I have to admit that I do not know this incident in the theatre, never saw it on TV here.

But, and a huge BUT, couldn't it simply be that what is perceived as intimidating, is simply a goal-orientated, direct way to communicate? Someone who is used to be forthright in daily management life (and Alexandra was a successful business-woman) possibly cannot get rid of this character trait. She sure knows what she wants and she maybe only says it without fuss, no frills (hope this is the right expression in my dictionnary). Of course it never hurts to say please and be polite, and I am sure Alexandra is polite, but maybe in her own style which she was used as business-woman.

All my personal perception of course, just a thought.:flowers:

Can one intimidate someone who is not timit ?

Actually, one thing that's just occured to me about the being harsh to the servants is that Alexandra is from HK, which means that she may well have picked up some of the Chinese directness; as some of you may know, my parents are from HK and even now they almost never manage to be 'as polite as British'...despite having lived here for well over seventeen years now they still sometimes sound embarrassingly abrupt. I don't know much about Danish social norms, but certainly here we can sound rather rude, as we almost never say thanks or sometimes even please compared to the British, as we have an ingrained worry about 丢面子, or losing face.

http://hulegaard.dk/weblog/?cat=2220

Also, does this say that Alexandra insists that the nanny addresses Nikolai and Felix with some kind of formal 'you' or something?

Last edited:
Also, does this say that Alexandra insists that the nanny addresses Nikolai and Felix with some kind of formal 'you' or something?

It does, while reffering to the tittle-tallte magazine Her & Nu :whistling:.

By the way the rules when adressing people with "De" or "Du" are that you use the form your counterpart uses. So most likely the Princes were adressing the Nanny with the form "De" as well - and perhaps Alexandras lesson in politeness was more directed towards her sons then towards the Nanny.

Anyway the form "De" is getting into use again in Denmark - especially among young peole. I experience this regularily when they use the form directed to me.

About the directness of the Chinese people. You are right Alex001. I used to live in China and picked up the directness. When I returned to Denmark I offended quit a few persons when being to direct. I love the Chinese way. They are so very honest :flowers: and as you point out Alexandra might still be direct in the chinese way and this can offend some sensitive Danes. I know my directness - which I will never put aside - sometimes does.

It does, while reffering to the tittle-tallte magazine Her & Nu :whistling:.

By the way the rules when adressing people with "De" or "Du" are that you use the form your counterpart uses. So most likely the Princes were adressing the Nanny with the form "De" as well - and perhaps Alexandras lesson in politeness was more directed towards her sons then towards the Nanny.

So it's more like an all-round politeness from both sides rather than the nanny 'looking up' ot her charges and addressing them as 'De'? Thanks for the additional info Lilla :flowers: - just shows how the truth of even little things can be spun so that the ignorant (i.e. me:D) read it exactly the way they want it to be read, and without any extra information take it as correct.

So it's more like an all-round politeness from both sides.

It is. It you are adressed by "De" you answer back with "De". It would be plain rude to answer with "Du" :flowers:. I can not imagine Alexandra to allow that kind of rudeness being preformed by two Princes of Denmark.

- just shows how the truth of even little things can be spun so that the ignorant (i.e. me:D) read it exactly the way they want it to be read, and without any extra information take it as correct.

Yes, but for the tabloid magazienes there's a lot of money in writing this way.................:whistling:

It is. It you are adressed by "De" you answer back with "De". It would be plain rude to answer with "Du" :flowers:.

Okay, thanks!:flowers:

Back to the subject of Alexandra herself, Viv, do you know if any of those photos are online as I've had a quick look but since I don't really know what I'm looking for I can't find anything?

And by the way, I've just discovered by chance what a fantastic Chinese name Alexandra has - I always thought it would be something hideous like yalishandela or alishanda but it's actually completely unconnected to her English name; it's wenyali/文雅麗, which means refined, beautiful, magnificent and elegant (the first one from the wenya and the last three from the li)...I want it:lol:!

Last edited:

It has been mentioned somewhere that CP Frederik and Prince Joachim were addressed with the informal you (DU) when young (until they came of age, if I remember correctly). I doubt that Prince Joachim and his former wife would insist on their young children being addressed with the formal "De". Anything is possible of course, but I don't believe it!

Viv

Okay, thanks!:flowers:

Back to the subject of Alexandra herself, Viv, do you know if any of those photos are online as I've had a quick look but since I don't really know what I'm looking for I can't find anything? :lol:!

I've been looking, but to no avail! I remember it so well! I was thinking of contacting the archives of Billed-Bladet, when I eventually get to Copenhagen!

Viv

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been looking, but to no avail! I remember it so well! I was thinking of contacting the archives of Billed-Bladet, when I eventually get to Copenhagen!

Viv

Oh no worries, it has probably never been digitalised. :flowers:

And by the way, I've just discovered by chance what a fantastic Chinese name Alexandra has - I always thought it would be something hideous like yalishandela or alishanda but it's actually completely unconnected to her English name; it's wenyali/文雅麗, which means refined, beautiful, magnificent and elegant...I want it:lol:!

Thanks Alex001 for the info :flowers:. It is great to know her chinese name.

Wenyali 文雅麗 is a very beautiful name for a very beatiful woman :rose2:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom