The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-20-2009, 06:39 AM
Nobility

Entrevista a Princesa Catalina von Habsburgo:

http://www.escaparatedesevilla.com/entrevistas%20pdf/ed28_catalina.pdf

Old 08-25-2009, 03:54 AM

Would someone tell me what's up with Count Ferdinand von Habsburg and his countess? From what I understand, they're supposed to have been married 10 years ago this month, and I was just wondering if anything has been about a celebration or other event marking the occasion or are they even still together? Also, if anyone has any access to any recent photos I wish you'd post them.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:20 AM
Courtier

Archduke Ferdinand and Katharina (Tita) Grafin von Hardenberg were married on May 22, 1999.
They are still together and parents to 3 children: Jakob-Maximilian (born 2002), Paulina (born 2004) and Lara Sophie (born 2007).

You can find information and pictures from their wedding in this thread.

I doubt there will be any celebrations of the anniversary but private family ones.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Commoner

Does anybody have pictures of the Archdukes Felix and Rudolph von Habsburg?

Can somebody perhaps post photos of Otto von Habsburg's brothers Felix and Rudolph? It seems that they are not that popular, and it's hard to track down any pictures of them.
Thanks in advance already!
Old 10-28-2009, 01:23 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Archduchess Gabriella, daughter of AD Otto and ADss Regina, has been appointed as ambassador of Georgia in Berlin.

http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/nr...836#more-21836
Old 10-28-2009, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

In which way is she linked to Georgia?
Old 10-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Nobility

in the adove link it does state that she is a citizen of georgia and that "the archduchess has been a professor at the academy of the arts in tbilisi georgia" since 2001 !!
Old 10-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Yes, I meant politically linked; I've expressed badly (the hurry!).

I explain: she is German, she has always been living in Germany, she got a Phylosophy degree, she was married to a German attorney, she is an artist; in a very "political family", as Archduke Otto once called his family, she is one of the members who didn't engage in a political career.
Ok, she is teaching in the Academy of the Arts in Tbilisi, but why to appoint her as Ambassador?

Said that, I have to clarify that I have nothing against the Archduchess, at all.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:06 PM
Nobility

somewhat puzzled !!

thanks buddy !!
i fear am somewhat puzzled !!
have you not submitted a detailed blog.....concerning this subject !!
strange indeed ...
sorry mate.....
Old 10-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Nobility

I feel like I am certainly missing something.

Jonnydep, what is your meaning? Do you know something that perhaps the rest of us don't? Has MAfan authored something on this subject? Sorry to request such explicit, concrete answers, but I am mystified!
Old 10-28-2009, 10:55 PM
Courtier

Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
I like the Archduchess but I agree on asking why appoint her ambassador. What are her qualifications for this position?

Clay I believe Johnny is referring to the TRF blog that was written by MAfan on this matter.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:37 AM
Nobility

to my understanding.....on the whole amdassadors are non political, representives of their countries.....etc

as the archduchess has a high profile in georgia and elsewhere in europe, i can understand as to why the archduchess has been appointed to be a ambassador.

as for my friend mafan...i can not undersatand his logic..... why post a question (on the very same day) when he submitts a blog on the sudject, where by his question is more or less answered within his blog !!

sorry mafan.....no offence meant buddy !! .....but i am somewhat puzzled here !!
Old 10-29-2009, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I have to ask you to forgive me; that's what has happened:
I've posted the question; then I've done some researches in all the websites of the Georgian Parliament, Foreign Affairs ministry and Presidency, and inb the site of some georgian newspaper; from them, I got the answer to my question;
I've quickly written the blog entry, and went to sleep...forgetting my question!

So, please excuse me.

Btw, the answer to my question is that she is well known in Georgia, both as artist and as a "great friend of Georgia"; this is the reason of her appointment.
But I still wonder: doesn't an Ambassador have to have some political links or knowledges? As far as I know, this task is somehow a political one...
Old 10-29-2009, 10:27 AM
Courtier

I remember a year or two ago there was some information that Charles Aznavour (the famous French singer and songwriter) was appointed Ambassador of Armenia to Switzerland. I guess it's a bit different because Aznavour is ethnically Armenian, but he's spent his entire life in France and is a French citizen, not to mention living symbol of French chanson.
He doesn’t have a lot of political qualifications as well (apart from ceremonial role of French Ambassador-at-large to Armenia), so I guess it’s a question of publicity and ‘friendship’ as well.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Yes, it seems to be the only reason...

Btw, in my previous post I've done a little mistake, Gabriela never graduated in Philosophy, she has only studied in for two years in Munich from 1976 to 1978.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
I have to ask you to forgive me; that's what has happened:
I've posted the question; then I've done some researches in all the websites of the Georgian Parliament, Foreign Affairs ministry and Presidency, and inb the site of some georgian newspaper; from them, I got the answer to my question;
I've quickly written the blog entry, and went to sleep...forgetting my question!

So, please excuse me.

Btw, the answer to my question is that she is well known in Georgia, both as artist and as a "great friend of Georgia"; this is the reason of her appointment.
But I still wonder: doesn't an Ambassador have to have some political links or knowledges? As far as I know, this task is somehow a political one...
hi buddy......no worries mate !!
i do understand.....these things can get overlooked when ones busy with other things !!
please accept my apologies mate !!
Old 10-29-2009, 03:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsel View Post

I remember a year or two ago there was some information that Charles Aznavour (the famous French singer and songwriter) was appointed Ambassador of Armenia to Switzerland. I guess it's a bit different because Aznavour is ethnically Armenian, but he's spent his entire life in France and is a French citizen, not to mention living symbol of French chanson.
He doesn’t have a lot of political qualifications as well (apart from ceremonial role of French Ambassador-at-large to Armenia), so I guess it’s a question of publicity and ‘friendship’ as well.
well put marsel.....another example is the late princess of wales...... before her untimely death, was not she considered to become a roving ambassador for great britain and she herself did not have any political qualifications what so ever......
Old 11-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Nobility

It's not exactly the same, IMO. The Princess of Wales had an official role as a member of the British Royal Family. In that sense, most members of reigning families (the Crown Princes & Princesses of Denmark, the Netherlands, Spain, Norway, etc.) serve as roving ambassadors, despite any political or diplomatic qualifications, because they fulfill an official role in a constitutional monarchy. In my view, that is different from some of these recent "appointments," which are indeed a bit puzzling. I agree with Marsel (#114) that "friendship" and "publicity" must be the reasons.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Nobility

many thanks !! as this is off topic i will be brief... i fully understand and agree with you, in what you have said adove.....but
to my understanding, the late princess of wales was divorced and not a member of the british royal family when she was considered to a roving ambassador for great britain !!.....
Old 11-05-2009, 11:54 PM
Nobility

I thought you might say that...

Of course you are right with regard to the last few years, but I believe that she was a roving ambassador long before her divorce. By the time that it took place, she had become almost a symbol of Britain, so it was natural for her to use her notoriety to further the interests of the nation.

But I think that we essentially agree, and we'd better stop anyway... we are indeed off topic!

Tags
austria, habsburg, house of habsburg, house of habsburg-lorraine