Emperor Karl I (1887-1922), Empress Zita ("The Last Empress") (1892-1989) and Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is a pity the house linked with the Emoeror burnt few days ago in Madeira.

Any hope for a sooner canonization?

And what about the beatification of Empress Zita?

The diocesan process for the beatification of Empress Zita started as far as I know.

Just learned of these 2 browsing amazon for books on Maria Therese. One of the books that came up was about the Queens and Empresses during WWI including Zita.

Wedding Emperor Charles I of Austria & Zita

Emperor Karl I of Austria and Empress Zita in exile in Madeira Island, Portugal

Zita had such a hard life. A throne that had become untenable, exile, a tragically brief marriage which left her with a large family to bring up on her own, just very sad.

A lot of Women had such a hard life. The Beatification of Empress Zita is asked from France since years without any succes.

I was in Vienne last week , they are complelety forgotten.
In Batsilava in an old k u k tea room i saw a sculpture of Tne Emperor , a Painting of Empress Sissi and a small painting of Emperor Karl.

The President of Austria allowed Official Funerals for Empress Zita and for Archduke Otto in St Sefan's Dom with Kaiser Hymn because they were the last ones.

Today in Royal History is the 132nd birthday of the last Karl I, Emperor of Austria, Hungary and Bohemia.

The Imperial coach carries Emperor Charles (Karl) I of Austria and Empress Zita

Emperor Karl I of Austria in Exile (1922)

On December 30, 1916 Karl I of Austria was crowned King of Hungary.
It was the last coronation of a King of Hungary.

Will there be any events to mark the 100. anniversary of his death (01. April 1922)?

"100 years ago, April 1st 1922, on the island of Madeira, there died a young family father and former Emperor. Why should you care? Well, let me tell you" By Archduke Eduard

On October 21, 1921 Former King Karl of Hungary staged a second attempted coup and was arrested.

Emperor Charles of Austria in the European Theater during the war

Back
Top Bottom