The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #561  
Old 08-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Micky's, United States
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Isn't that a bit too much to judge a girl who is not even 2 years old, to call her a superstar who outshines JC and has such a huge personality that her cousin Irene doesn't have a chance? Excuse me but we are talking about a toddler who is the center of attention because she is the heir to the spanish throne. I am pretty sure if Irene or any other child was in her position and was presented like her we'd hear the same praise all around on this forum. At the end of the day Leonor is a cute child and the SRF are well aware that the hype around her can be very useful for her parents to gain more popularty or acceptance as the future kings of Spain.
Of course part of attention Leonor is getting is because she's the heiress, but that's not the sole reason why she's been monopolizing the spotlight now. Since the time Leonor ran toward photographers with the duck in hand at the hospital, she's been the undisputable star of the SRF. If you look at all the photos those photo agencies shot of the summer vacation, Leonor is in most of them. Even if she's surrounded by her grandparents and parents and relatives, Leonor is the center of the focus. Her grandfather was hardly in the frame at the Club several days ago. She even outshines her very pretty mother who used to be the focus of all cameras.

How many other baby heirs or heiresses have been so dominenting the spotlight? Williams was a very cute baby and toddler. But he didn't dominate the spotlight while he's with his mother or other family members at Leonor's age. I can't think of other royal babies who are as loved by photographers as Leonor is. It's not just because Leonor is an incredibly beautiful child either. A beautiful child sitting quietly warrants a few photos but not to the extent Leonor is getting. Leonor is a very confident child with an oversize curiosity and personality. She is unpredicable. She can flash an angelic smile one minute and be misachievous the next. That's why cameras train on her to capture her every move. Think about photos of her with her shoes off at the feet of the archbishop at Sofi's baptism. Think about the photos of her with her grandmother's sun glasses. Those are the highlight of the events. Photographers would have kicked themselves if they didn't capture those.

I read it somewhere before that a person's personality shows through by the age of 2. I don't know why you think saying Leonor has an oversize personality is such an outragous statement.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #562  
Old 08-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Micky's, United States
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
plus I think the relationship between Cristina and Letizia is not the best, we could see well last year at Marivent and at some other occasions at the beginning of Letizia's pregnancy. Whenever they are at the same event they are not too much around each other.
Once again, you're taking tabloid stories and speculations around here as "facts".

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Example, of an obsessive photographer

Trophy ceremony for the 26th King's Cup sailing race

Spain's Royal Family on Yahoo! News Photos
I love her earings! I was hoping for a close-up. Thanks to this obsessive photographer, now I get one.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #563  
Old 08-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Roxsteve's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Any City, United States
Posts: 665
I think Leonor sells, Irene doesn't. I don't think it is because of her "diva" status as some have called her or her outgoing, one-of-a-kind personality or beauty. It is because people are going to buy magazines or pictures that have Leonor in it. It is a novelty. In a few years when her sister is older, then it will be the same thing. Besides, there are more Spanish speaking people who follow the Spanish family. I think Maxima's daughter has a great personality and is also very cute. I just don't see Maxima as stressed about her daughter as Letizia.
Reply With Quote
  #564  
Old 08-05-2007, 01:10 AM
Drottning's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: La La Land, United States
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
I think Maxima's daughter has a great personality and is also very cute. I just don't see Maxima as stressed about her daughter as Letizia.
I don't think Letizia is stressed about anything. She seems to be a doting mom. That's all

And yes Maxima's daughter has TERRIFIC personality! Well at least Amalia does. She's such a shining star
__________________
"Free at last, free at last, free at last. Thank God the Almighty we are free at last"-Martin Luther King
Reply With Quote
  #565  
Old 08-05-2007, 01:55 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,316
The earrings is pretty, can't tell it's real or custom made.
http://img102.imagevenue.com/img.php...123_1077lo.jpg

Getty has some terrific pictures.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Reply With Quote
  #566  
Old 08-05-2007, 02:04 AM
YanJP's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vichy, France
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIS View Post
All the mothers must be equal? There is a mother model? Because she must behave like Cristina? Obsession? Each person is as she is and each person treats to her daughter to her way and nobody must be discussing this.

I do not see because bothers that Letizia touches to her daughter and is being questioned as takes care of her daughter. If it wants to touch her, since the touch whichever times wants that for that she is his mother. I do not see a sad and bitter girl so that her mother takes care of and is with her; on the contrary I see a safe, likeable and very happy girl. So I do not see the bad thing in the behavior of Letizia; on the contrary I see it very normal.

can't agree with you more. if people here get upset about the leo and irene comparison, why the mother-skill comparison between letizia and cristina? who says cristina way is the ONLY way?
Reply With Quote
  #567  
Old 08-05-2007, 02:49 AM
soriagirl's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: a place in time, United States
Posts: 45
Some people just don't like Letizia and never will and so they like to find fault with her at every turn--fine, that's their perogative--but finding fault with the fact that she is an affectionate mother is the height of ridiculous. Her children are obviously healthy, and Leonor is obviously a very happy child--her mother and father are obviously doing something right.
Reply With Quote
  #568  
Old 08-05-2007, 03:48 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
I just don't see Maxima as stressed about her daughter as Letizia.
When Amalia was a baby, Maxima had been seen with lots of very exaggerated gestures trying to make her smile. She probably had heard some ridiculous rumors on Amalia's health. Does it fit your definition of 'being stressed' ? If not, what's so stressed about Letizia ?
Reply With Quote
  #569  
Old 08-05-2007, 03:56 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
This dress is very very pretty and looks great with Letizia's tan - but please can somebody give her some hair conditioner. Being on vacation is not an excuse for a PoA to turn up to events with unstyled hair. Since the new haircut she looks like she bought lots of wash and go shampoo when it was on sale because the advertising promised self styling included, not true, obviously.
Her hair looks quite damaged by the Sun and saltwalter, probably not even conditioner helps.
Reply With Quote
  #570  
Old 08-05-2007, 04:21 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,486
Princess Letizia´s dress is gorgeous, and she looks great in it. The colour suits her very well. I like her earrings too. About her hairdo, because they are on vacation I think it´s quite approriate. Infanta Elena´s hairdo is anything special either.
Reply With Quote
  #571  
Old 08-05-2007, 04:36 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Micky's, United States
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
I think Leonor sells, Irene doesn't. I don't think it is because of her "diva" status as some have called her or her outgoing, one-of-a-kind personality or beauty. It is because people are going to buy magazines or pictures that have Leonor in it. It is a novelty. In a few years when her sister is older, then it will be the same thing. Besides, there are more Spanish speaking people who follow the Spanish family. I think Maxima's daughter has a great personality and is also very cute. I just don't see Maxima as stressed about her daughter as Letizia.
Well, WHY does Leonor sell if not because she's an incredibly beautiful child with an outgoing, one-of-a-kind personality? That's the point I made and you tried to rebut. You said it's only because she's the heiress. It's not just because she's the heiress.
Reply With Quote
  #572  
Old 08-05-2007, 04:40 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by highpriestess View Post
Of course part of attention Leonor is getting is because she's the heiress, but that's not the sole reason why she's been monopolizing the spotlight now. Since the time Leonor ran toward photographers with the duck in hand at the hospital, she's been the undisputable star of the SRF. If you look at all the photos those photo agencies shot of the summer vacation, Leonor is in most of them. Even if she's surrounded by her grandparents and parents and relatives, Leonor is the center of the focus. Her grandfather was hardly in the frame at the Club several days ago. She even outshines her very pretty mother who used to be the focus of all cameras.

How many other baby heirs or heiresses have been so dominenting the spotlight? Williams was a very cute baby and toddler. But he didn't dominate the spotlight while he's with his mother or other family members at Leonor's age. I can't think of other royal babies who are as loved by photographers as Leonor is. It's not just because Leonor is an incredibly beautiful child either. A beautiful child sitting quietly warrants a few photos but not to the extent Leonor is getting. Leonor is a very confident child with an oversize curiosity and personality. She is unpredicable. She can flash an angelic smile one minute and be misachievous the next. That's why cameras train on her to capture her every move. Think about photos of her with her shoes off at the feet of the archbishop at Sofi's baptism. Think about the photos of her with her grandmother's sun glasses. Those are the highlight of the events. Photographers would have kicked themselves if they didn't capture those.

I read it somewhere before that a person's personality shows through by the age of 2. I don't know why you think saying Leonor has an oversize personality is such an outragous statement.
I have said before that she is a beautiful and open minded child but I would not go that far to say that you can already see now that she is an oversize personality. Well, after all, she's a 22 month old in nappies. Any other child, and I repeat myself here, would get the same coverage as her and probably behave the same way like her because first she is prepared by her parents for being the center of attention and second what child doesn't like it when Mommy and Daddy are around. The media has full access here, very different to other royal children, eg as William when he was a baby, and they hang around and take their pictures first and foremost because Leonor sells. If she did not sell, her parents would be critizised for it. Leonor still acts freely but only until she understands what the circus is all about. And then, maybe, we'll have a very different situation. No need to create a hype around her as most special child ever around.
Reply With Quote
  #573  
Old 08-05-2007, 04:48 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by highpriestess View Post
As for the "perfectionist" stuff, it seems you believe in everything the tabloids say.
Has it gone so far now that one gets critizised when calling Letizia a perfectionist. That's one of the few things that people widely agree on this forum

And yes, of course, I believe every word the tabloids say, in my first job I work as a moderator for Aqui Hay Tomate, haven't you seen me there yet
Reply With Quote
  #574  
Old 08-05-2007, 05:00 AM
Mari_*'s Avatar
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pty, Panama
Posts: 1,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by soriagirl View Post
but finding fault with the fact that she is an affectionate mother is the height of ridiculous.
I agree with you, I find that very ridiculous it's her daughter we're talking about here!!, plus who wouldn't be all over Leo? She's so cute, I wouldn't stop holding, kissing and hugging her!!
__________________
..F&L..
Reply With Quote
  #575  
Old 08-05-2007, 05:06 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Micky's, United States
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I have said before that she is a beautiful and open minded child but I would not go that far to say that you can already see now that she is an oversize personality. Well, after all, she's a 22 month old in nappies. Any other child, and I repeat myself here, would get the same coverage as her and probably behave the same way like her because first she is prepared by her parents for being the center of attention and second what child doesn't like it when Mommy and Daddy are around. The media has full access here, very different to other royal children, eg as William when he was a baby, and they hang around and take their pictures first and foremost because Leonor sells. If she did not sell, her parents would be critizised for it. Leonor still acts freely but only until she understands what the circus is all about. And then, maybe, we'll have a very different situation. No need to create a hype around her as most special child ever around.
I disagree, especially the part about "any other child...would get the same coverage as her and probably behave the same way like her".

Christian is about the same age of Leonor. He's the heir. He doesn't behave like Leonor does. He's always frowning and clearly not comfortable with strangers/photographers yet. He's clearly quieter and a lot less outgoing or spontaneous than Leonor is. He doesn't make interesting pictures. He may sell some magazines in Denmark because he's the heir. But I have yet to see photographers as obsessed with him as they're with Leonor.

Irene is close to Leonor's age too. She doesn't behave like Leonor does either. She stays close to her dad in most of recent public appearances such as Sofi's baptism and the other day on the boat. She's a cute baby but how interesting is it for photographers to shoot a 2 year old sitting quietly in her dad's arms with a pacifier? No, she's not the heiress. But if she and Leonor switch the looks and personality, I'm sure she'll get a lot more coverage than she gets now even she's not the heiress.

Every child has different personality - yes, even at 2 - and behaves differently because of it. Leonor's looks and personality make her a god-sent for photographers. Sure, her being the heiress to Spanish throne is the reason why she's newsworthy but it's not the sole reason why she sells magazines. It's like Diana was newswothy first because she's princess of Wales, but it's not the only reason why she sold magazines. Would you say "any other women would get the same coverage as Diana in the position of Princess of Wales"?
Reply With Quote
  #576  
Old 08-05-2007, 05:17 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by highpriestess View Post
I disagree, especially the part about "any other child...would get the same coverage as her and probably behave the same way like her".

Christian is about the same age of Leonor. He's the heir. He doesn't behave like Leonor does. He's always frowning and clearly not comfortable with strangers/photographers yet. He's clearly quieter and a lot less outgoing or spontaneous than Leonor is. He doesn't make interesting pictures. He may sell some magazines in Denmark because he's the heir. But I have yet to see photographers as obsessed with him as they're with Leonor.

Irene is close to Leonor's age too. She doesn't behave like Leonor does either. She stays close to her dad in most of recent public appearances such as Sofi's baptism and the other day on the boat. She's a cute baby but how interesting is it for photographers to shoot a 2 year old sitting quietly in her dad's arms with a pacifier? No, she's not the heiress. But if she and Leonor switch the looks and personality, I'm sure she'll get a lot more coverage than she gets now even she's not the heiress.

Every child has different personality - yes, even at 2 - and behaves differently because of it. Leonor's looks and personality make her a god-sent for photographers. Sure, her being the heiress to Spanish throne is the reason why she's newsworthy but it's not the sole reason why she sells magazines. It's like Diana was newswothy first because she's princess of Wales, but it's not the only reason why she sold magazines.
Being F & L's daughter is the only reason, I am pretty sure about that. Luckily, she is not shy and introvert and grabs granny's glasses so the press is happy and already start using her at the age of two for their money making purposes.

And what a ridiculous comparison with Diana Princess of Wales who was not only photographed because of her title but because of her personality? Well, her title came first and was the basis of all that should come, in this case her personality suited well but no one would have been interested in her if she had not married Prince Charles, believe me.

So let's hope Leonors star quality in terms of media attention is just based on her age, not knowing what is going on, and not on a media oriented personality which would could turn out to be a nightmare for the SRF.
Reply With Quote
  #577  
Old 08-05-2007, 05:24 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 18,193
The persons call the attention for being those who are, but also for their charisma, their personality or their beauty.

And with the children the same thing passes, in general there attracts more a nice and expressive child, who does that you laugh.

The best example in the Spanish Royal Family is Froilán. His naughty character and the personality that showed when his sister was born did that the whole press was centring on him.... and had many cousins, and the Urdangarin were very handsome children ... nevertheless he had something. And though this attention him has brought negative things, also it is true that of the children of the Infantas is whom more the people love.
Reply With Quote
  #578  
Old 08-05-2007, 05:53 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 18,193
Photos of Wireimage via getty

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

The photos off the Princes greeting the little girl are very nice
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7596...1E85B7DDDA496C
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7596...5836433A39409C
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7596...69EED5B83618F4
Reply With Quote
  #579  
Old 08-05-2007, 06:10 AM
madeleine victoria's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: cavite, Philippines
Posts: 784
Letizia's dress during the delivery of trophies is great but I hope we can see a full picture of it. Wonder what shoes she's wearing . So far I love all of Letizia's clothes during her stay at Palma well except for the white capri pants. It doesn't suit her. It makes her much thinner esp. she chose white. I think it would look good on her if she chose another color like the beige capri she wore the other day. Can't wait for the official photoshoot!! As for Letizia's touchy gestures towards her daughter, I think that's just normal. If your daughter is being photographed whenever she's out in public I think it's just right to comfort her but I don't think Leonor needs that. She's comfortable w/ the press.. That's the reason why she's one of the most photographed child around Europe not to mention she may be the heir to the throne of Spain. She's just funny. Photographers capture those kind of moments wherein they think that it would sell. Royal watchers are curious about what the child of the Asturias couple is doing. If that's going to be the cover of Hola! I'm going to buy it!!!
Reply With Quote
  #580  
Old 08-05-2007, 06:11 AM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 7,065
wow, i didn't think the conversation about letizia and leonor and what a mum she is was going to be so extensive!

i just wanted to say that it's not that irene "doesn't sell". it's the fact that irene's and leonor's birth were quite close in time and therefore irene is "in the shadows" of leonor, which is understandable, as of today, she is going to be queen of spain one day. irene will just be the "niece of the king" when felipe becomes king (just as we treat now the children of infantas margarita and pilar). it's understandable that the hype behind leonor is bigger than irene's, although it's always lovely to see irene and her other adorable brothers. i think they will gain some protagonism when they are older and start to live their own lives rather than those of the royal family.

back to topic, i quite liked letizia's dress yesterday. she looked fresh and ibiza-summery :) although i think there's something wrong with her hair. not sure if the new haircut really suits her...
__________________

__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2014 lula Royal Family of Spain 169 07-06-2015 11:05 AM
Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2013 Queen Sofia fan Royal Family of Spain 193 10-18-2013 09:27 AM
Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2006 Elsa M. Royal Family of Spain 1145 09-01-2006 04:21 PM
Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2005 lula Royal Family of Spain 835 09-21-2005 07:05 AM
Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2003-2004 Tina Royal Family of Spain 76 08-17-2004 01:20 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles prince harry princess beatrice hats princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats prince sverre queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden swedish royal family summer portraits 2016 the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats time travel women deliver conference


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:54 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises