Spanish Royal Family Summer Holidays 2014 - 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
here's a video of the photoshoot where you can see the family greeting the journalists and sofia speaking. i believe it's the first time we hear her voice. she greeted the journalists with a very professional "hello, good afternoon". :)

Los Reyes inauguran sus vacaciones en Mallorca

I think the Spanish Kings are the most "unlucky" in their vacations.Everyone knows that going on holidays and what they will do. Lucky the other new royal couples as Dutch and Belgian nobody knows where they are.:)

well, they still manage to get some privacy and have had many private holidays in the past, to portugal, switzerland, the US... palma is a tradition, and they keep coming due to the long standing tradition of their visit during summer. it's nothing unlike the danish family going to graasten. journalists know they will be there for some time, but what they do afterwards is private.

plus, this year the situation has been stirred, as the people of palma are requesting that the gardens of marivent are open to the public for everyone's enjoyment as opposed to just being royal gardens. it would be most unwise to not show up after all that controversy!

In several Dutch and Spanish media there are rumours hinting the Dutch King and his family being guests at Marivent.

Spaanse media: 'Oranjes op vakantie naar Mallorca' - Royalty Online

yes, this rumour has been circulating for some time from a number of sources, so i guess it's quite likely!

Leonor and Sofìa have turned into two lovely and sweet little girls! I am glad they seem still demure and shy but much more confident and at ease wit the cameras...:flowers:

I don't know how to put this without makint it sound offensive,but Letizia's touching approach (clingy?) to the girls makes me a little unconfortable: it makes me wanna scream "let them breath for once"...:ermm:

letizia is certainly a bit clingy and "hands on". she reminds me of those overprotective mums... although who can blame her, she has two lovely, well mannered daughters. leonor is very beautiful and looks a lot like letizia, sofia's face seems to have changed as of late quite a bit...

Why is it extremely gracious? It is nothing new at all.

:flowers:
I believe she meant that in lieu of the personal family situation, she would certainly not have been surprised if King and family wanted a nice family time away from media.
I too found it gracious of them only because of recent death. I am sure they were just following prearranged media meetings/photo shoot thinking it was the proper thing to do. Everyone's thoughts are different.

I suspect that Letizia is merely aware of the possible stressfulness of the meetings with the press and tries to soften that a bit. Sofia appears to take it more in stride but Leonor seems a bit more shy and certainly on this occasion did not seem very enthusiastic. :flowers:

I have to agree and Letizia would have a better idea of how to encourage her daughters as she is their mother.:) I wouldn't be surprised if all royal parents have to coax their children now and then during photo calls.

I agree. Even Royal children want to play or go with friends or just be alone sometimes instead of smiling big with the whole famn damily for the photogs

Poor Leonor - she didn't look like she was feeling it yesterday! Perhaps she was feeling a bit unwell hence why Letizia was very much ensuring the girls were fine. Both Leonor and Sofia are so well adjusted with the press and I particularly liked that the whole family greeted the press.

Not for nothing I feel particularly bad for female royals esp the young ones when they are that kind of hurting and just wanting to lay down with a heating pad but the show must go on and so do they.

[ ... ] I particularly liked that the whole family greeted the press.

Heu... is there any royal family who does not say 'Hello!' to the assembled media patiently awaiting until they can make their so desired holiday pictures? What you particularly liked seems more than normal to me and has always been the case.

:lol:

Heu... is there any royal family who does not say 'Hello!' to the assembled media patiently awaiting until they can make their so desired holiday pictures? What you particularly liked seems more than normal to me and has always been the case.

I meant that they went up and shook the press photographers hands and say good afternoon, whereas I don't recall the Danes doing that during their Graasten photoshoot nor have I ever seen the British royals go up to a group of photographers and shake their hand.

I agree Molly. I noticed that the King, Queen and their daughters were doing this last year as well. While I realize that other royals do greet the assembled photographers, this is one of the only times I've seen the children encouraged to do greet them by shaking hands prior to the photo shoot.

I remember in one instance a news clip Victoria forced Estelle to shake hands... E hesitated and Victoria abruptly jerked her hand forward. So I guess she will do it as a rule.

And I used to work with toddlers so I know what a jerk is before any says I am exaggerating:)

I agree Molly. I noticed that the King, Queen and their daughters were doing this last year as well. While I realize that other royals do greet the assembled photographers, this is one of the only times I've seen the children encouraged to do greet them by shaking hands prior to the photo shoot.

You're right, and I agree that it's a nice touch. I don't think the SRF did it before Felipe became King last year.

http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Lista...-ES-139782/20140805_Sesion_Fotografica_08.jpg
http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Lista...-ES-139782/20140805_Sesion_Fotografica_09.jpg
http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Lista...-ES-139782/20140805_Sesion_Fotografica_10.jpg

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Sesión fotográfica con Sus Majestades los Reyes, Su Alteza Real la Princesa de Asturias y Su Alteza Real la Infanta Doña Sofía

I feel the need here for a quote from Jane Austen (paraphrasing) regarding the ....propensity ... to willfully misunderstand. :lol:

PPE

King Felipe audiences at the Marivent Palace in Palma de Mallorca

PPE Agency

Queen Sofia,Infanta Elena with the Marichalar and Urdangarin children.

PPE Agency

King Felipe ,Queen Letizia and daughters.

PPE Agency

Anyone knowing who the girl in the off shoulder white blouse is?

Leonor and Sofìa have turned into two lovely and sweet little girls! I am glad they seem still demure and shy but much more confident and at ease wit the cameras...:flowers:

I don't know how to put thhis, as I don't want it to sound offensive,but Letizia's touching approach (clingy?) to the girls makes me a little unconfortable: it makes me wanna scream "let them breath for once"...:ermm:

to me it looks kind of obsessive and controlfreak-ish, being constantly all over the girls, but I guess when they become teenagers they don't appreciate being watched or touched all the time.

to me it looks kind of obsessive and controlfreak-ish, being constantly all over the girls, but I guess when they become teenagers they don't appreciate being watched or touched all the time.

Exactly! Hope the girls will "rebel" at some time, when they enter the teens:cool:

I don't! The Spanish don't need anymore scandal from their Royal family. Rebellious princesses are fine for Hollywood but not real life :)

I don't! The Spanish don't need anymore scandal from their Royal family. Rebellious princesses are fine for Hollywood but not real life :)

I agree. There is nothing wrong with a loving mother having physical contact with her own kids for goodness, putting a protective arm around them from time to time in front of a host of strangers with cameras etc. They all look very happy and normal to me and it makes a very refreshing change indeed to see such nice royal family photos.

Very well said. Letizia is just a hands-on mum – can't really see a problem in that.

If the girls had a problem with her tactile ways I am pretty sure they would let her know. I have no proof but a gut feeling they feel free to express themselves to their parents and speak their minds within reason.

OK, I know I'm crazy, but which is Leonor and which is Sofia? I'm not terribly familiar with them, but could usually tell. Now, their height isn't helping me! Who is in the print top and longer khaki shorts?

:huh::confused:

Spanish Royal Family Summer Holidays 2015

Leonor is in khaki shorts, and printed top, while Sofia is in solid white top, and navy shorts. I have a hard time telling them apart too, since they're practically the same height.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Another scandal :ohmy: Leave it for another family.

The name "Aifos" mean something or it is just a name?

Ohhh yes you have right polyesco. What a beautiful this moove for his mother. She deserve that. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:

In my option that is a step too far. Both the royal family and the media are helped with some distance. The Diana Years were a lesson of how a close entanglement can lead to a deadly embrace.

The media are there to register the start of the holidays of the Spanish royal family. The King, the Queen and the Infantas shaking the hands of the folks who -at other media moments- will not hesistate to infringe their pivacy, is a step too far.

OK, I know I'm crazy, but which is Leonor and which is Sofia? I'm not terribly familiar with them, but could usually tell. Now, their height isn't helping me! Who is in the print top and longer khaki shorts?

:huh::confused:

The oldest one is Doña Leonor, Princess of Asturias. That is the one with the khaki coloured pants.

Picture.

It is great to see the royal family shaking hands with the reporters and photographers. Felipe and Letizia are modern royals, who know that the world has changed and are acting according to that. They treated the photographers like respected professionals, as guests at the Marivent Palace area. You can see that some photographers looked a little surprised, but of course were pleased. The royals made a warm event about the photoshoot, it wasn't just "you are there taking photos" and "we are here, don't come close to us".

Leonor and Sofia are always so well behaved and quite at ease with the press. While listening to all cameras clicking such young girls must feel a little uncomfortable. But they were smiling, being polite and well-mannered. Felipe and Letizia have done a very good job. They are also very natural with their children, and Felipe looks his family like he has difficulties to believe how lucky he is to have them. Lovely to see the girls waving to the press while going inside.

In my option that is a step too far. Both the royal family and the media are helped with some distance. The Diana Years were a lesson of how a close entanglement can lead to a deadly embrace.

The media are there to register the start of the holidays of the Spanish royal family. The King, the Queen and the Infantas shaking the hands of the folks who -at other media moments- will not hesistate to infringe their pivacy, is a step too far.

I am not surprised. The SRF have alwayss been courting the 'right' press (I am not talking about the tabloids) to make sure to get them as allies more than other royal houses, imo.
If you look at their agenda, half the awards they give out is media-related (journalists, outlets etc) and they do lots of events in that respect.

I like their attitude towards the press, its very welcoming and respectful as they are professionals as well. It must be a nice way to welcome them into the palace grounds like any other person.

The pictures are lovely and they looked very happy. Each time I see the girls, they have changed and grown. They are growing up fast and it's always nice seeing them. They look like a very warm family.

I hope to see more of them in Mallorca.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom