Pascua Militar (2004-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the same fomr last year??

I can understand and agree about recycling, 100% what I cannot understand and totally disagree is why the same outfit from last year :eek:!! This I cannot understand at all!!:nonono: It seams that she hasn't got any more outfits for the ocassion, lets wait if Letizia is going to recycle this same outfit next year:whistling:

Letizia has been in three "Pascuas Militares" so far since her wedding; and on each and everyone she has wore the same outfit.

Unbelievable. :eek:

Letizia has been in three "Pascuas Militares" so far since her wedding; and on each and everyone she has wore the same outfit.

Unbelievable. :eek:

Well, this statement is only partially true ... in 2005 it was a different skirt, please see eg post #61 :D so it is not exactly the same.

Anyway, maybe she is looking for a kind of uniform for herself, drawing the attention away from her clothing to the event. (hope this makes sense in English):flowers:

I'm very disappointed with Letizia's outfit! she should have worn something new!

This RF , King and Queen , the Crown-Princes are professionals near their people. Their outfits are details.
I did not have , sorry for the Danes , the same impression of the Danish RF on the two events of this year 2009 seeming a bit annoying .The outfits of the Royal Ladies were like uniforms, for the Queen years after years the same dress and jewels.
In the Forum someone told me that the Prince Consort of Danemark is General AND Admiral.. I never saw him with his army like I saw King Juan Carlos and Prince Felipe.

Admirable and exemplary decision to repeat for second time this suit. I think she gives a lesson in humility and maturity. It is no time to waste money.

Letizia looks beautiful!​

Gallery Getty

Gallery Belga

I don't mind the recycling, but why at the same event?
There must be a reason why Letizia recycles the same jacket at the same event for three times in a row! Either that jacket is a sort of uniform or there must be a reason that we don't know!
Anyway, it is a nice jacket!

Dress repetition!!!

What happened to Princess Letizia? how come does she wears the same clothes to the Pascua Militar over and over again? Doesn't she realized that she used the same top 3 times already for the same activity?

What happened to Princess Letizia? how come does she wears the same clothes to the Pascua Militar over and over again? Doesn't she realized that she used the same top 3 times already for the same activity?

I´m sure she realized it:cool:

the pics from Prisma are very great!!!!

Letizia looks so happy and relax!!! It's great to see how in love they still are with Felipe! they can't stop to hold their hands!! it's really lovely!

And the relationship she has with the Queen!!! it's good to see they like each other and they are so close!!

While Crown Princess Letizia should be duly lauded for recycling the outfit, I have to admit that the whole ensemble looks inadequate to me because of shiny cheap fabric. Perhaps, it would be better to invest into a custom-made perfectly-tailored outfit and then recycle it every year. Fairly speaking, Queen Sofia's outift was average as well.

The Royal Family should buy her a militar uniform so if she's into uniforms she can be uniformed for real.

On 2005 the skirt was different but the overall appearance was exactly the same since that top is not any other top but one you cannot forget, not neutral at all and the skirt was long and everything much of the same.

Three times on the same act with the same outfit; is not a problem of recycling but rather bad recycling.

Three times on the same act with the same outfit; is not a problem of recycling but rather bad recycling.

indeed. it's not a matter of recycling. she has tons of winter gowns she could have wore again. why this one for a third time IN THE SAME EVENT? very unwise. even that horrible red velvety gown she wore many times would have been better than this.

indeed. it's not a matter of recycling. she has tons of winter gowns she could have wore again. why this one for a third time IN THE SAME EVENT? very unwise. even that horrible red velvety gown she wore many times would have been better than this.

Not true. She doesn't have tons of winter gowns, in fact this is about the only decent one she has for an outdoor event in the cold. The red velvet gown or the other green gown (first worn when Putin visited Spain) was more for the indoor events. She is long-overdue for a new gown from Caprile. However with the current financial crisis (although the SRF are not affected), she probably decided to give up buying another 5000 Euro gown. I would rather see her recycle her old clothes (the green jacekt is simply beautiful) from Caprile than buying a cheap looking Varela dress.

I love the jacket, the details are beautiful.
http://i40.tinypic.com/333co7m.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/11b2afc.jpg

This event is not like any other event where her gala dresses can be recycled at different times - the event is during the day thus her choices for evening galas would not be appropiate. Princess Mary choose to wear the same brown dress with patterened coat to the diplomatic reception a few days ago and she had worn the same outfit at the same event a few years before. Personally Letizia recycling this outfit is similiar to the way Mary reused her dress - the event is totally different for all the rest on their engagement calendar and thus the outfits they wear to the Pascua Militar could not be worn at other events so it seems only sensible to repeat

I loved the interaction between Letizia and Sofia - its shows that they have a friendly and warm relationship

Personally Letizia recycling this outfit is similiar to the way Mary reused her dress - the event is totally different for all the rest on their engagement calendar and thus the outfits they wear to the Pascua Militar could not be worn at other events so it seems only sensible to repeat

I agree with you PrincessofEurope; it seems to be the closest these two princesses come to having to wearing 'a uniform' and it does seem strange if they turned up in new outfits that can only be worn on one occasion a year.

I don't discuss the relationship between Letizia and her husband or the Queen, I just wonder how come a princess wear the same on 2005, 2008 and 2009 the same clothes on the same act, one thing is to want to give the idea of not spending a lot, the other is repeating all the time, for Heaven's sake she is suppossed to be a princess, act and dress like that. Don't get me wrong, I like her, I just don't like her dress choices....

I agree with you PrincessofEurope; it seems to be the closest these two princesses come to having to wearing 'a uniform' and it does seem strange if they turned up in new outfits that can only be worn on one occasion a year.

One thing is wearing an outfit once in your life, another is recycling from head to toe, jacket, skirt, purse, earrings etc. you can wear the same piece and make it look different, heck I do it and I'm just a poor mortal...

At first I thought the pictures in the galleries were the ones taken last year ... and wondered why they were posted now... :lol:

I quite like this dress on Letizia (although it's a little weird she wore it for the third time for this event... maybe she'll make this dress her Pascua Militar dress and will wear it for the next few years...)
Anyway: It honestly is one of my favourites worn by her.
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2009/01/06/pascua-militar/imgs/pascua3a.jpg

Last edited:
It is always nice to see the King, the Queen, the Prince and the Princess in this ceremony. It is a fantastic way to start the new year, after the break for the holidays. They all looked relaxed, happy and ready to begin the new "royal year." HRH certainly does not need a new outfit to shine every time she steps into the spotlight. She looked beautiful today: impeccable makeup/hairdo and her attire -if not new- suited her very well; she looked quite elegant and graceful.

I love the top of Letizia's outfit but I don't think it's a good idea to repeat it over and over for the same event year after year. Next year everyone will be guessing if Letizia will wear the same outifit again or not... We can even create a poll here :D

Apart from that, yes I agree the Princess' hair, make up and posture were truly nice.

Back
Top Bottom