The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-27-2013, 07:08 AM
Serene Highness

What sort of a newspaper is El Razon? Neutral? Monarchist? Serious?
Thanks in advance.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:31 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
What sort of a newspaper is El Razon? Neutral? Monarchist? Serious?
Thanks in advance.
La Razon is a conservative and pro-monarchy newspaper.
It's the 4th most popular newspaper in Madrid and the 6th most popular in Spain in general.

I should note though that the comments at the end of the article suggest not all readers are in agreement with the poll results. In fact, most of them aren't.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Monarchist and quite conservative.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 01-27-2013, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Traductor de Google

New poll from today, since we all love them so much
Just for updating some info.
Thanks for posting that,its refreshing to note that as per that survey,80.3% of the Spanish are convinced that Prince Felipe will be a good King!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Thanks for posting that,its refreshing to note that as per that survey,80.3% of the Spanish are convinced that Prince Felipe will be a good King!
My pleasure, An Ard Ari
I think 80% is a big percentage, La Razon as we´ve said is a very monarchist and conservative newspaper, is logical thet they have published a flattering result to the Prince.
Anyway I think it shows that most of Spanish people have a good impression about him

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 01-27-2013, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
Hey The King made a State Visit to India a few months ago, well after the storm of elephant hunting.
Was that covered well in Spanish media? Perhaps that coverage and reporting will give an idea of the regard media holds for the King.
In India I dont think any mentions were made about the 'embarassments'... But then it was not also glorified, though. They religiously reported about it..
Try the dedicated thread to the visit!

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...2-a-33902.html
Old 01-29-2013, 08:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Interesting for this thread. The abdication of Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands have lead (as was expected ) to a discussion in Spain about the possible abdication of King Juan Carlos.

Article from El Pais today: "Spanish and Dutch realities are different. The King won´t abdicate."

"To each person who has asked him, the King has always said that he will be King until his death".

Well, I can´t post the link to the article, because they seem to have removed it while I was writing this
If I find it again, I´ll post it

Old 01-29-2013, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Interesting for this thread. The abdication of Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands have lead (as was expected ) to a discussion in Spain about the possible abdication of King Juan Carlos.

Article from El Pais today: "Spanish and Dutch realities are different. The King won´t abdicate."

"To each person who has asked him, the King has always said that he will be King until his death".

Well, I can´t post the link to the article, because they seem to have removed it while I was writing this
If I find it again, I´ll post it
I was waiting for flurry of abdication articles in the Spanish media!

At least there's just the one at the moment.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:35 AM
Royal Highness

the King said in a interview (i saw in tv) that he believes in the next generation and that his heir is doing an excelent duty towards the spanish people. but he said he wont give up in the constitution that he fights for, meaning that he wont abdicate but will continue his duty as The King of Spain.

Felipe will be King one day, but after the death of his father... (or a serious health disability)
Old 01-29-2013, 04:26 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

The Netherlands are the only European Monarchy that practices abdication (not counting Liechtenstein or Luxembourg). Britain, Spain, the Nordic Countries, all Kings or Queens for life. It has been said many times, by himself, Queen Sofia etc that JC will not abdicate, let alone at this time, at that the prince will have to wait.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:02 PM
Aristocracy

If the King of Spain gave up at this point the Kingdom risked ending. So if you don't give up people can start supporting the monarchy and the Prince Felipe can stay with a better path to the throne. I hope one day to see Felipe and Letizia on the Throne. :)
Old 01-29-2013, 11:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
the King said in a interview (i saw in tv) that he believes in the next generation and that his heir is doing an excelent duty towards the spanish people. but he said he wont give up in the constitution that he fights for, meaning that he wont abdicate but will continue his duty as The King of Spain.

Felipe will be King one day, but after the death of his father... (or a serious health disability)
I think Felipe will be a great king . . . and can be a great king. I don't believe in age necessaryly as a requirement, each person is different. In certain places it is a good thing for the monarch to stay for life . . .

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 01-30-2013, 12:58 AM
Gentry

I just hope that the Spanish people don't forget their history and what HM, despite his many, many flaws, has done for them.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:55 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by monarchist-us View Post
I just hope that the Spanish people don't forget their history and what HM, despite his many, many flaws, has done for them.
I totally support this. They are the best ambassadors we´ll have. It is just a shame that for protecting a thief as Iñaki the´ll loose everything
Old 01-30-2013, 05:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

More articles, this one from El Mundo:

"Just weeks ago, his father said he was the "best prepared Prince of Asturias in the History". Don Felipe turns 45 with all the eyes put on the Dutch case, where Queen Beatrix have just announced that she will abdicate in favour of her son".

Traductor de Google

I would say we´ll going to have a nice bunch of articles related today, since it´s the Prince 45th birthday and after queen Beatrix´s abdication.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:04 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
More articles, this one from El Mundo:

"Just weeks ago, his father said he was the "best prepared Prince of Asturias in the History". Don Felipe turns 45 with all the eyes put on the Dutch case, where Queen Beatrix have just announced that she will abdicate in favour of her son".

Traductor de Google

I would say we´ll going to have a nice bunch of articles related today, since it´s the Prince 45th birthday and after queen Beatrix´s abdication.
I'm sure we will and not all of them will be so nice.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

I said "a nice bunch" meaning "a big bunch"

They aren´t going to be nice, especially after all the latest news aboout the Urdangarin affair

Old 01-30-2013, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I said "a nice bunch" meaning "a big bunch"

They aren´t going to be nice, especially after all the latest news aboout the Urdangarin affair
Storm clouds will be gathering over Zarzuela over the next few months
Old 01-30-2013, 05:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Iñaki Gabilondo, a well-known and respected Spanish political journalist, has spoken asking the King to abdicate. He has a videoblog in El Pais, so he has spoken there and there is no transcription.
Sorry, but it´s to long to translate, I´ll do it later if I have time. I´ll leave the video for those who speak Spanish, because I find it very interesting.
Iñaki is IMO a very good journalist. I don´t agree with everything what he says, but he states the facts very nicely and coherently, which is appreciated. And the title of the article says it all:

"My Crown, or THE Crown"
O mi corona o la corona >> La voz de Iñaki Gabilondo >> Videoblog Política EL PAÍS

EDIT: I´ve write a summary, because I know that at least An Ard Ri reads them
-"With Revenga´s imputation, and with the trial approaching Infanta Cristina,King´s Juan Carlos´ reign is reeling, and time is not in his favour".
-"In the streets, reproaches growns and society is tired."
-"I have the impression that, depite the very delicate moment we are living, King Juan Carlos will have to choose between his reign and the Monarchy, because his reign has no longer future. Monarchy still can have it, if the chapter is changed at time."
-"Don Juan Carlos will have to do something similar to what his father, Don Juan, did, step aside, for the institution that they defend can have a future"
-"The King shouldn´t make a mistake, he enjoys the affection of most of the people, according to the polls, but that affection can be used to make the relief on a respected way, but it can´t be used to continue, because in my opinion he can´t continue for now on".
-"In my opinion, what the Crown must do righ now is preparing the relief as fast as possible, because time is not in his favour".

Old 01-30-2013, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Iñaki Gabilondo, a well-known and respected Spanish political journalist, has spoken asking the King to abdicate. He has a videoblog in El Pais, so he has spoken there and there is no transcription.
Sorry, but it´s to long to translate, I´ll do it later if I have time. I´ll leave the video for those who speak Spanish, because I find it very interesting.
Iñaki is IMO a very good journalist. I don´t agree with everything what he says, but he states the facts very nicely and coherently, which is appreciated. And the title of the article says it all:

"My Crown, or THE Crown"
O mi corona o la corona >> La voz de Iñaki Gabilondo >> Videoblog Política EL PAÍS
I hope he doesn't bump into 'aunty Pilar' or she might berate him too like those poor journalist in November

Tags
catalonia, future of the monarchy, juan carlist, juan carlos i, royalist, spain, spanish nobility, spanish royal family