HRH Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece & Marie Chantal Miller - 1995

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think her wedding dress is one of the more beautiful wedding dresses I have ever seen and the veil is spectacular:flowers:

Both Marie Chantal and Valentino have such wonderful taste in fashion, but sadly this wedding dress was not the most "réussi," as the French would say -- at least IMHO. The bride, who is quite petite, was drowned in fabric. Also, the dress was a bit overworked -- a little too much going on -- which distracted the eye. By contrast, some of the couture pieces that she has worn (for example, as a guest at other royal or noble weddings) are quite elegant and beautiful.

Last edited:
Both Marie Chantal and Valentino have such wonderful taste in fashion, but sadly this wedding dress was not the most "réussi," as the French would say -- at least IMHO. The bride, who is quite petite, was drowned in fabric. Also, the dress was a bit overworked -- a little too much going on -- which distracted the eye. By contrast, some of the couture pieces that she has worn (for example, as a guest at other royal or noble weddings) are quite elegant and beautiful.

According to interviews MC gave, she said that she wanted something romantic. I am not a fan of hers but to be honest and give credit where credit is due the lady knows how to dress. I did not find the dress overworked. Of course it is only my opinion but as far as wedding dresses go it was more subdued than most of the others. I found it very elegant.:flowers:

According to interviews MC gave, she said that she wanted something romantic. I am not a fan of hers but to be honest and give credit where credit is due the lady knows how to dress. I did not find the dress overworked. Of course it is only my opinion but as far as wedding dresses go it was more subdued than most of the others. I found it very elegant.:flowers:

Odette, I think that we largely agree... perhaps there is only a small difference of opinion. I thought that the dress was a tad complicated, but not off the charts. If the skirt had been plain and not embroidered, I would have liked it much better.

Like you, I'm not a huge fan of MC but think that she has excellent taste in clothes. Please note: I'm not the one saying that she looked like a cauliflower (see above), although that comment was creative and made me laugh, too! :flowers:

Odette, I think that we largely agree... perhaps there is only a small difference of opinion. I thought that the dress was a tad complicated, but not off the charts. If the skirt had been plain and not embroidered, I would have liked it much better.

Like you, I'm not a huge fan of MC but think that she has excellent taste in clothes. Please note: I'm not the one saying that she looked like a cauliflower (see above), although that comment was creative and made me laugh, too! :flowers:

I think the cauliflower comment was about her bouquet of roses which again was small and nice as far as I can say.
Mamma Miller outdid herself for that wedding and I am sure Papa Miller did not set a budget when it came to expenses.
I am glad you agree the dress (more or less) was a nice one. :flowers:

I think it was a lovely wedding dress, but sadly it did nothing for MC, and she did nothing for it. She looked overwhelmed by her gown, and on her tiny frame the gown looked overworked. IMHO, it's better suited to a frame that isn't petite.

Is there any video of the wedding???

I would like to watch it again....

I was a student then.....

Also, could we have a close-up of the tiara MC wore on her wedding day???

From the pics, I cannot discern it clearly...

an interesting article about the details of the wedding

Hello Magazine's Article on MC's Wedding

another article about the wedding from W magazine

MC's Wedding in W magazine

I was surprised finding out that Alecko Papamarkou, the match-maker of P and MC' s relationship and also MC's godfather , was not at the wedding.

additionally, some articles about Alecko Papamarkou
Google ÁðïôåëÝóìáôá Eéêüíùí ãéá http://www.dealbreaker.com/images/entries/karlwellner.jpg

On the edge | Spectator, The | Find Articles at BNET

the future of Papamarkou's firm
A Money Manager to High Society Cultivates the Art of the Schmooze - WSJ.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much dbarn67. I was looking for it. Many thanks...!!!!!

And here you may see (if only we could also read it) the invitation of the wedding

ANP Beeldbank

who is the lady dressed in pink in the official photo with the relatives? she stands on the right near Alexandra Miller and Queen Margrethe...

she is the only one I couldn't identify in that photo. I think you are right, lumutqueen. thank you!!

Really, how beautiful and tasteful all these hats and dresses on the above photo.

who is the lady dressed in pink in the official photo with the relatives? she stands on the right near Alexandra Miller and Queen Margrethe...
I've looked up my Hello! magazine coverage of the wedding and the lady in question appears in the large combined royal and family group photograph standing next to King Hussein of Jordan (Miller family side of the group). She is identified as Mrs June Wilbur.

Last edited:
I can't get over how beautiful bride Marie Chantal was.

I love Queen Margrethe. Her dress sense is crazy!

Gee, do you think Robert Miller could have troubled himself to GET A HAIRCUT for his daughter's wedding?!:bang:

He looks sooo ridiculous with that long shaggy silver hair at his age!

I don't care for MC's gown that much, but her bridal veil was stunning all spread out like that.

I'm surprised to see that QEII atended the wedding since I didn't see her in another royal wedding abroad.
The couple picked the date specially around QEII's schedule so she could attend.

I love MC's wedding dress, but agree with others here that it weighs her down. It's just too heavy. The embroidery and lace is really amazing though!

This is one of my favorite weddings to look at: all those pastels gowns give it such a springy, romantic feel. I also am quite partial to the high fashioneque feeling of the wedding. (Which isn't to say that other royal weddings are stuffy and dumpy, but this one has always stood out in my mind for how much couture was used and celebrated.)

thanks for the video :flowers:
Nice coverage from the wedding breakfast. Where it was held?

Back
Top Bottom