The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-27-2009, 06:59 PM
Majesty

I am very surprised to learn that Duke of Vendome asked the family members not to attend his father's wedding. He appeared to be on a speaking terms with Count of Paris. Well ... my assumption may be incorrect. At the same, it would be fair to presume that absence of certain family members did not surprise Count of Paris much. His actions badly hurt them.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

It must lead to wonder what will happen at the future child's baptism..... I suppose the Count of Paris won't be invited

Old 09-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Nobility

Oh, I woudn't be so sure.... After all, the Comte de Paris and his second wife were present at the Duc de Vendôme's civil and religious weddings. Also, the Comte de Paris is the head of the Orléans house, and this child -- especially if male -- will be important to the dynasty. It's possible that the grandfather will be present for the grandchild's baptism, although of course we'll have to see!
Old 09-27-2009, 11:24 PM
Heir Apparent

You are right, the baptism will be an important event but it must have been really unpleasant for the Count of Paris to be snubbed by the whole family !
Old 09-28-2009, 03:03 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post

I am very surprised to learn that Duke of Vendome asked the family members not to attend his father's wedding. He appeared to be on a speaking terms with Count of Paris. Well ... my assumption may be incorrect. At the same, it would be fair to presume that almost absence of certain family members did not surprise Count of Paris much. His actions badly hurt them.
Which actions exactly? If I remember correctly, he re-admitted some of them in the Line of Succession, denying some actions of their father...
Old 09-28-2009, 07:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Well he walked out of his family of five children, with two heavily handicapped children among them... leaving them in very accurate money problems etc
Of course I am only writing what I read, but it is generally accepted as true
Sorry for my English
The Duchess of Montpensier is reportedly very very ill.... and the divorce hurt her badly as a woman and as a Chritian one.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:24 AM
Heir Apparent

The announcement of the Count of Paris religious wedding was done before the day of the Duke of Vendome's wedding. So he accepted to come with his wife n°2.
What is sad is that the son and the father's religious wedding happened the same year.
According to the article of Stephane Bern in the newspaper Figaro (I should like to have confirmation from Vincent, who started the thread and who knows more about the Orléans that Mr Bern) 3 members of the family did not take in account the Duke of Vendome's will.
The christening of his first child is for 2010 , so it is to early to speak about that.
I wonder if Madame la Duchesse de Montpensier recovered from her illness.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
Which actions exactly? If I remember correctly, he re-admitted some of them in the Line of Succession, denying some actions of their father...
I meant that Count's of Paris divorce followed by the annulment. Unfortunately his current happiness caused unhappiness for his children.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

So again we have the troubles between the father and his children...the same that happened to the late Count of Paris and his children, althoug the problems were different.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Royal Press Europe has a gallery about the wedding:

Royal Press Europe - Royal Photoagency - © Albert Nieboer & Albert Philip van der Werf
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Maria-Olivia, about the Duchess of Montpensier illness, from what we know it is a very very serious illness. And she isn't very young....
The fact that she was operated on in urgency the very day before her son's wedding speaks volumes.....
Old 09-28-2009, 11:33 PM
Nobility

Rominet, I was wrong.... After reading the article by Stéphane Bern in Le Figaro, I would agree that it seems unlikely that the Count of Paris will be invited to the baptism. According to the article, the Duke of Vendôme sent a message to the entire family requesting that they not attend his father's religious wedding to Micaela Cousiño Quiñones de León. The Duke denounced the marriage, saying that it "ridicules our family and even the Church... It seals the definitive rupture with my father."

Le Figaro - France : Stéphane Bern raconte le mariage du comte de Paris

I confess that I am surprised. As Maria-Olivia points out, the religious marriage of the Count of Paris and his second wife was announced before the Duke of Vendôme's own wedding this past May, and the Count of Paris attended his son's wedding accompanied by his second wife.... The only thing that I can imagine is that the Duke's mother, the Duchess of Montpensier, is very ill, and that the son wants to show solidarity with his mother at such a moment. I heard rumors that she has cancer, but I haven't seen any reliable confirmation. Whatever ails her, I am left to wonder if the Duchess's health has now taken an unfortunate turn for the worse.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, claypoint2 I didn't know....
Old 09-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Majesty

It is sad to know that the rift between Count of Paris and Duke of Vendome is deep. However, it would be fair to presume that such development of the events is to be expected.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Some guests have shone by their absence and the recent news that the Duc de Vendome asked them to stay away, is another blow to this family's harmony.
On one hand I can see a couple who has been legally married for so many years wanting to make it official in their Church, at this old age for both partners.
On the other hand I can see how this wedding seems like a very selfish act on their part.