Henri, Comte de Paris and Princesse de Joinville, religious wedding 26 September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maria-Olivia, about the Duchess of Montpensier illness, from what we know it is a very very serious illness. And she isn't very young....
The fact that she was operated on in urgency the very day before her son's wedding speaks volumes.....

Rominet, I was wrong.... After reading the article by Stéphane Bern in Le Figaro, I would agree that it seems unlikely that the Count of Paris will be invited to the baptism. According to the article, the Duke of Vendôme sent a message to the entire family requesting that they not attend his father's religious wedding to Micaela Cousiño Quiñones de León. The Duke denounced the marriage, saying that it "ridicules our family and even the Church... It seals the definitive rupture with my father."

Le Figaro - France : Stéphane Bern raconte le mariage du comte de Paris

I confess that I am surprised. As Maria-Olivia points out, the religious marriage of the Count of Paris and his second wife was announced before the Duke of Vendôme's own wedding this past May, and the Count of Paris attended his son's wedding accompanied by his second wife.... The only thing that I can imagine is that the Duke's mother, the Duchess of Montpensier, is very ill, and that the son wants to show solidarity with his mother at such a moment. I heard rumors that she has cancer, but I haven't seen any reliable confirmation. Whatever ails her, I am left to wonder if the Duchess's health has now taken an unfortunate turn for the worse. :sad:

:previous:
It is sad to know that the rift between Count of Paris and Duke of Vendome is deep. However, it would be fair to presume that such development of the events is to be expected.

Some guests have shone by their absence and the recent news that the Duc de Vendome asked them to stay away, is another blow to this family's harmony.
On one hand I can see a couple who has been legally married for so many years wanting to make it official in their Church, at this old age for both partners.
On the other hand I can see how this wedding seems like a very selfish act on their part.

Back
Top Bottom