Engagement & Wedding of Prince Rahim Aga Khan & Princess Salwa née Kendra Spears 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is the Press Release, free of copyright, in full.

The Aga Khan Announces the Engagement of His Eldest Son

Aiglemont, France, 26 April 2013 -- His Highness the Aga Khan today announced the engagement of his eldest son, Prince Rahim Aga Khan, to Ms. Kendra Spears of Seattle, Washington, the United States.

1572.JPG

The Aga Khan, who is the Spiritual Leader or Imam of the global community of the Shia Ismaili Muslims, said he was delighted to announce the engagement.

Prince Rahim Aga Khan holds a BA from Brown University and an executive management degree from the Navarra Business School in Barcelona, Spain. He is involved in the poverty reduction efforts, notably micro-credit activities, of the Aga Khan Development Network – one of the largest private systems of agencies fostering social, cultural and economic development in Asia, Africa and the Middle East.

Ms. Spears holds a BA in sociology from the University of Washington in her native Seattle. She has a strong interest in arts and architecture. Ms. Spears has had a highly successful career as a model, working with many of the most prestigious fashion houses.

The couple will be married in a Muslim ceremony. The date of the marriage has not been set yet.

source: http://www.akdn.org/Content/1176
courtesy of and © The Aga Khan Development Network.

Shrewd indeed but a shame for those of us whom follow the careers of models. (me)
Ms. Spears is all right. She is an American and looks generic to me. It is wonderful that she enjoyed a fruitful career in such capricious industry such fashion.
Personally I like Ai Tominaga for a gracefully regal walk and Freja Beha Erichsen for being a chameleon.

U.S. supermodel Kendra Spears to become a princess as she announces engagement to eldest son of the Aga Khan | Mail Online

The engagement of Prince Rahin Aga Khan and Ms. Kendra Spears| Spletnik.ru

She is very beautiful.

So she is Princess Salwa now. Do they just randomly choose a name or is there more to it?

Thanks for photos!
Congratulations to the couple! Princess Salwa looked gorgeously exquisite.

Last edited:
So she is Princess Salwa now. Do they just randomly choose a name or is there more to it?
Because she has converted to Islam, she took a more suited muslim name.

She was so beautiful and exquisite. I loved her attire;)

Last edited:
I love how she is being referred to as his 'first wife' already, even though she is the only one at the moment. I guess she has already agreed to the polygamy.

I love how she is being referred to as his 'first wife' already, even though she is the only one at the moment. I guess she has already agreed to the polygamy.

Has it been confirmed that he will in fact take on more than one wife?

Aga Khans don't practise polygamy but they use to divorce with their wives-models/actresses.

Most people chose
a) a name that they find beautiful
b) a name with a certain meaning (most Arabic names have a special meaning)
b) a name with history - either someone from your family who inspired you or someone you have heard/read about in books

There is a very short entry in Wikipedia about the name "Salwa":
It is an Arabic name and means Quail, a type of bird. (There are also three towns,one in Kuwait & two in India with that name)
Here is also an entry about the Quail:Quail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good luck for the newly-weds! They look very beautiful together :)
:fireworks::goodluck:

Last edited:
I truly wish them well and hope they work hard to keep this marriage together. The Aga Khans do not have a very good track record when it comes to long marriages except for the present Aga Khans first marriage to Sally Croker Poole.

Good luck to newlyweds! They look happy and beautiful together!

Did Begum Salima (born Croker Poole) attend his son's wedding.

Did Princess Yasmin Aga Khan, sister of Aga Khan IV and daughter of Prince Aly Khan and Rita Hayworth, attend his nephew's wedding?

Thank you so much for the answer. I never see this wonderful photo. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom