Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg, and Martin Jørgensen March 3, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MaddeDK said:
I have many of my photos of Alexandra&Martin's wedding online at my website now (Madeleine Glindorf - Webdesign and photography) - also a few posted below!

Enjoy,
Madeleine Glindorf :)

Dear Madeleine - thank you for your always fantastic pictures - I really enjoy it every time you post some of your art... It's nice that you want to share your talent with us...

:) :flowers:

Congrats to both of them . They look very much in love !
Alexandra was beautiful and very elegant .:flowers:

MaddeDK said:
I have many of my photos of Alexandra&Martin's wedding online at my website now (Madeleine Glindorf - Webdesign and photography) - also a few posted below!

Enjoy,
Madeleine Glindorf :)

Thanks SO MUCH Madeleine! We are so fortunate to have a photographer sharing some of their images. The photos on your website are fantastic.

Thank you!

Henri M. said:
Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix are grandsons of Queen Margrethe II and they are in the line of succession after their uncle the Crown Prince, their cousin Prince Christian and their father Prince Joachim.

So that undoubtedly makes them royal.

The 'HH'-part designates them as 'minor royals' as being children of a younger son to the Sovereign who do not belong to the direct line of succession.
In the Netherlands their equivalents are even no longer Princes or Princesses, but just Counts and Countesses (which has to do with the desire to downsize the number of Princes and Princesses).

:flowers:

The system with the title 'His Highness' was introduced in the late 18. cent. by king Christian VII. Until then all children and grandchildren of the King was styled 'Royal Highness' but Christian VII changed this title to include only children of the king or the crownprince. It is said that it was because he disliked his brother prince Frederik that he changed the title so that the latter's four children (including the later Christian VIII) would only be styled 'Highness'. All this mean that if the king has two sons they are styled 'their royal highnesses' as they ar sons of a king. When the elder son gets two sons they are also styled 'their royal highnesses' as they are sons of a crownprince. But the sons of the king's younger son are only styled 'their highnesses'...

- 1. Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II
- 2. His Royal Highness Crownprince Frederik.
- 2A. His Royal Highness Prince Christian.
- 3. His Royal Highness Prince Joachim.
- 3A. His Highness Prince Nikolaj.
- 3B. His Highness Prince Felix.

:)

Why is everyone saying the flowers on her hair were blue? I cannot see that. To me they look white. :ermm:

Looks to me like Alexandra took a cue from Princess Margaret's hairdo on Margaret's wedding day, albeit sans the Poltimore.

I, too, think it a little over the top that someone over 40 and at their second marriage, had such a "never been married" look. I question the taste level.

BUT! She did look gorgeous.

sirhon11234 said:
well I think Martin is upper middle class.

I agree.
Martin´s father seems to be a successful businessman.
He owns for example a holiday villa in Italy (or Greece?) where Alex and Martin and her two boys had vacation together.
In another thread (I think it is the " Alex to marry Martin" one), the motivation of Alexandra´s marrying to Joachim was discussed. One of the opinions was that she married him for his status and money. Then it was pointed out that since she would like to marry Martin despite her financial and status loss, it seems that Alex is not such kind of person who is so keen on those stuffs. Then somebody pointed out that choosing Martin can´t prove anything since he has a wealthy father. So I suppose that Martin is from a wealthy family.
I would rather put Martin Joergensen and Marie Cavallier into the same social class category, though I consider it quite snobbish nowadays to classify people by their family background. Martin has a rich father who runs a company where he works, and Marie has a rich stepfather who runs a company where she works. Martin has a daughter seemingly "by accident". Marie said in an interview that she learned different languages from her different ex-boyfriends, so she is also multilingual. They both have past stories.
But so what? As long as Alex is happy with Martin, Joachim is happy with Marie, why is the social class a big deal?

So if someone is in their 40s and has never been married, they can't look like a first-time bride? Or at least what we view as a traditional first-time bride? That hardly sounds fair to me. And why is it tasteless? Was anything hanging out or bulging or ill-fitting? She wasn't dressed indecently for a church wedding, was she?

Why is it such a big deal that she wore a veil?

Last edited:
Sister Morphine said:
So if someone is in their 40s and has never been married, they can't look like a first-time bride? Or at least what we view as a traditional first-time bride? That hardly sounds fair to me. And why is it tasteless? Was anything hanging out or bulging or ill-fitting? She wasn't dressed indecently for a church wedding, was she?

Why is it such a big deal that she wore a veil?

I think we all have preconceptions of what a bride should look like - preconceptions that most likely date sixty years back or longer. I don't know about you all, but when I think of "brides" I think of girls in their twenties or early thirties...I don't exactly think of forty-year-old mothers of two. Let's face it, the second type is as common today as the first, so maybe it's time we told our subconscious to move on a bit and accept that you can marry in a white dress even if you're not a demure virgin, 22 years old.

Lady Bluffton said:
Looks to me like Alexandra took a cue from Princess Margaret's hairdo on Margaret's wedding day, albeit sans the Poltimore.

I, too, think it a little over the top that someone over 40 and at their second marriage, had such a "never been married" look. I question the taste level.

BUT! She did look gorgeous.

I think Alexandra is not ashamed of that she has been married once. She doesn´t have to, either.

Every bride has the right and freedom to choose what she wants to wear on her wedding day, no matter how many times she has been married. Why should someone be punished not to wear what she really wants just because she had a marriage before?

Last edited:
When I first saw the pictures I was really shocked. :ohmy:
It is not because I did not like Princess Alexandra's dress, but I think it was to much for a second wedding.
I did not think she would wear white again and a long veil like she had...
... but I wish her a happy marriage.

Alexandra looks wonderful, i love her dress and hair, i wish her all the best, she looks so happy, congratualtions to the couple!:flowers:

Princess_Beatrix said:
When I first saw the pictures I was really shocked. :ohmy:
It is not because I did not like Princess Alexandra's dress, but I think it was to much for a second wedding.
I did not think she would wear white again and a long veil like she had...
... but I wish her a happy marriage.

She didn't wear white.....it looked like a champagne-gold color.

im sorry if others disagree but at over 40 and your second wedding the bride should NOT wear white or cream or even champagne and then to wear a veil its just shouldnt be done
what will happen to her tiara? Isnt to still attend formal functions as she as the order of elephant for life and is still the mother to the two princes

White is a very old fashioned idea as a virgin bride. The idea originated w/ Queen Victoria. Before that women got married in a variety of colors. My grandmother got married in purple! I got married 3 years ago in in beige gold wedding gown. White looked bad on me b/c of my skin color. Did that mean that I'm not a virgin??? Did that color imply something bad about me? Are all women who get married in white virgins? Of course not!!! Not in this day and age.

Alex looked perfectly appropriate. She did not wear a veil over her face which is a common practice for second time brides. Besides, saying she already had a wedding is unfair. Both royal princesses weddings had Margarethes stamp all over them. While I think they all had some imput it was not their wedding alone. Alex looked so much better this time around than her first.:flowers:

Also, it is very hard to find a wedding dress in a non white color. Now true she could have had it made in another color but why?

I think it was perfect that she wore a(n) ivory/champagne dress. I think she looked perfect, except for the veil maybe(didn't like it). I don't see the problem in her looking like a first time bride. What if this wedding just means as much as the first one for her?

PrincessofEurope said:
what will happen to her tiara? Isnt to still attend formal functions as she as the order of elephant for life and is still the mother to the two princes

The tiara is her own personal property. As an Order of the Elephant holder, she will be invited to events where those who also carry the order will attend. She'll also be at family functions where her two sons are involved.

Thanks for the pictures, Madeleine!

I admit that I was surprised by Alexandra's choice of attire, but really, we only live once. She's already had quite a life and has always managed to put her own stamp on things just by virtue of who she is, without even trying, and I think she has every right to celebrate her happiness. She didn't look quite as radiant at her first wedding as she did yesterday at her 2nd one. I think life and the passage of time have taught her what to savor and what to ignore, and I applaud her for dressing the way she did.

Last edited:
I think yesterday was a cold day in Denmark so I think she could have wear something else. I really hate what the children are wearing she really doesn't know how to dress their chikdren, I can remember the wedding of Princes Mary and Frederick they were very very informal that day!!Those back shoes are horrible, that flower in their brown jacket IMO is really bad!

As long as the country is not paying for her wedding as in most royal weddings, she can do and should do whatever she pleases. She looks fantastic. I admire her for living her life the way she wants and for finding a handsome guy to make her happy. If he has money (which I am sure he has)then all the better. Congrats Alexandra!!

MaddeDK said:

Enjoy,
absolutely beautiful pictures, it looks to me like little Nikolai glances into your camera as he seems to recognize you?!

The pictures on your web site are also great.

on second look I have to say about the veil: it seems to tie the whole look together in a nice way, though.

But all the same, she would've looked just as lovely without it too.

And as for Martin..he really seems sweet, above all.

And Alexandra, don't you all think the girl almost looks, well, relieved?? Wonder what she's going to be up to next. Sure she can limit the number of charities she's been working with, but on the other hand she doesn't strike me as one to sit behind the geraniums at home either.

MissSaga said:
I think it was perfect that she wore a(n) ivory/champagne dress. I think she looked perfect, except for the veil maybe(didn't like it). I don't see the problem in her looking like a first time bride. What if this wedding just means as much as the first one for her?

Good point!
Martin must mean very much to her. Just see how much more money she has to pay (the taxes) after marrying Martin.
It is estimated that she has to pay 1,3 million danish krone more per year.

Alexandra is definitely not someone who likes to stay at home and doesn´t work.

One of her sisters described Alexandra in an interview as a determined and efficient woman. Her school friend said that Alexandra is always confident and very strong.

These descriptions fit quite well to my impression to Alexandra.

She is a woman who knows what´s important in her life. I admire these characters.

Yesterday she looked really lovely and happy. I hope she finds her happiness with Martin and hope that we will still be able to see her from time to time.

Alexandra of Denmark Marriage

:flowers: Alenandra looks lovely as always but I think the hairdo is too high. I did not like her hairdo in her first marriage either. Good luck to her and her new husband she seems to be an honest person (of the heart) It is not what she is wearing her how her hair was done. It is how sucessful the marriage is in the long run God bless their union.:flowers:

Thanks for the photos. The bride was very pretty, and the dress was elegant. Martin was very handsome! I wish them a lot of happiness!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexandra looks beutiful I'm surprised about her wearing a summery wedding
I would have thought she would have wored an soft pink suit and had her hair down. The brown suits are boxy and odd loking on the boys, Martin looks like a hunk but they all look happy so lot's a luck second time.
Wittykitty:flowers:

Congrats to Countess Alex and Martin. hope that they can enjoy their new life together. Thanks for the pictures Madeleine!

Back
Top Bottom