The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
Its the nature of woman to suffer in the name of fashion?!
Originally posted by Elspeth
'A sleeveless dress in early March in Denmark? Has she got anti-freeze in her veins or something?'
There are heat pads, a Japanese product,available which one can stick to one's undergarments and the heat can last for over 10 hours. I learn from magazines that actresses who go on location in very cold countries use them all the time.

Old 03-04-2007, 09:51 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29
Congratulations Princess
Is Mary and Frederik attended?
From their appearances in public , Mary and Alexandra didn't seem to be friendly. There didn't seem to be any rapport as compared with Princess Diana and Fergie.As a matter of fact, I think they appeared to be cold to each other.

Old 03-04-2007, 10:26 PM
Nobility

I agree the hair was a bit high. The dress fabric looked heavy, not light. She was beautiful, and M really does resemble J!
Old 03-04-2007, 11:21 PM
Courtier

Congratulates to Alexandra and Martin I wish them happiness and that their marriage will last as long as they live.The boys looked cute to me, Alexandra looked beautiful and Martin looked handsome.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

I've split some posts out of this thread and moved them to Alexandra and Martin's current events thread here. Discussion about Alexandra's jewels and tiara should take place here.

I've deleted the off-topic discussion about social class.

Please let's keep this thread on topic from now on.

Elspeth

Old New Royal & Blue moderator
Old 03-05-2007, 01:53 AM
Aristocracy

I thought Alexandra looked beautiful and truly, it is her right(and any bride's right for that matter) to wear whatever she wants. Personally, I don't believe in the whole white dress=virgin thing, I mean, let's face it anyone can wear a white dress on their wedding day! I will say that I was uncomfortable with her wearing a veil. It seemed a bit much and a little silly more due to her age than anything else. I realize that last statement was ageist but as a woman who is nearly her age the veil startled me and put me off a bit.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddeDK
I have many of my photos of Alexandra&Martin's wedding online at my website now (Madeleine Glindorf - Webdesign and photography) - also a few posted below!Enjoy, Madeleine Glindorf
She looked beautiful.....and alot like Catherine Zeta-Jones when she married Micheal Douglas. That was my first thought! If I had the capabilities, I'd do a side by side.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddeDK
I have many of my photos of Alexandra&Martin's wedding online at my website now (Madeleine Glindorf - Webdesign and photography) - also a few posted below! Enjoy, Madeleine Glindorf
As usual MaddeDK your pictures are beautiful. Alexandra and Martin looked incredibly happy and in love.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:34 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168
She looked beautiful.....and alot like Catherine Zeta-Jones when she married Micheal Douglas. That was my first thought! If I had the capabilities, I'd do a side by side.
I think her make-up made her look much more asian than she use to. Over the last ten years she has adopted a more nordic look with light make-up and not so overstyled hair. But at the wedding it was easy to see her Chinese origin...

Old 03-05-2007, 06:18 AM
Courtier

Seemed like a nice wedding. Even the boys looked very happy. Lovely.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:58 AM
Aristocracy

I think this dress is too much for second marriage. And a veil...????
Old 03-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Nobility

Have there been any photos of the guests that attended the wedding?
Old 03-05-2007, 10:16 AM
Courtier

Alexandra's Wedding Look and Relationship with Mary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophus
I think her make-up made her look much more asian than she use to. Over the last ten years she has adopted a more nordic look with light make-up and not so overstyled hair. But at the wedding it was easy to see her Chinese origin...

I agree. Perhaps this is just another way of expressed her independence and herself as an individual.

I've read a few posts about her relationship -- or lack thereof -- with Mary. Needless to say, I have no personal knowledge of this ... but, there was really never any warmth between them. Do you think that, perhaps, when Alex realized that Mary would be the star of the show -- simply because she married the Crown Prince -- that it was time to exit the center stage? I've always like Alex ... but, her look this weekend, that gown and veil ... it was just so "unlike" her (as far as I have any crediblity to say that) ... does anyone else think she just needs a center stage?

I read a comment on one of the many posts that, perhaps, this would last only five years. While I certainly hope it lasts a lifetime ... I'm not all that convinced.

I have no personal skin in this game ... but, I just am left feeling very unsettled after seeing Alex and her representation of herself this weekend.

Old 03-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Courtier

My thought is Alexandra looked fantastic, and if I was the one marrying a hot-looking rich younger guy I would dress exactly like she did!
Old 03-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Hello Magazine article about the wedding

It mentions that the designer of her wedding dress was Danish designer Henrik Hviid, whom I've never heard of. Did he ever do anything else for Alexandra? (He has never done any royal wedding dresses before, Mary's dress was by Uffe Frank, and all the others of memory were done by Jorgen Bender)

Old 03-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

If this thread doesn't stay on topic, we're going to close it. It isn't about Mabel and Mette Marit, it isn't even about Martin's social class and bank balance. It's about Saturday's wedding.

Elspeth

Old New Royal & Blue moderator
Old 03-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK

It mentions that the designer of her wedding dress was Danish designer Henrik Hviid, whom I've never heard of. Did he ever do anything else for Alexandra? (He has never done any royal wedding dresses before, Mary's dress was by Uffe Frank, and all the others of memory were done by Jorgen Bender)
He's done several of her dresses prior to this - and Nikolai and Felix's christening gown.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK

Henrik Hviid has designed many things for Alexandra - among others the pink dress she wore at the wedding of Frederik and Mary. According to the book about Mary's style from fall last year he has also done some dresses for her but I'm not sure about which ones... His style is very feminin with pearls and embroidery.

It was also Henrik Hviid who designed the christening robe worn by Nikolaj and Felix using some laces from Tønder - the city near Schackenborg. As all the royal danish children has been christened in the old robe from Queen Louisa's time (end of the 19. cent.) it was a shock for the public that Joachim and Alexandra had their children christened in a modern robe without any connection to the danish royal family...

Old 03-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Courtier

Hmmm.....I think I might be a little disppointed in Alex's dress. I have mixed feelings. Though she did look incredibly lovely as any bride should, I think I expected something different.
Come to think of it, I think it was her hair that disappointed me. She had too much going on up there. First, the very high bun perched on top of her head, then the flowers wound around her head and down the back, and then the veil. I think it was just way too much for her. She should have either gone with "just" the flowers and no veil, or "just" the veil with no flowers.
In either case, she looked beautiful, her new husband looked very handsome, and her children looked adorable.
And despite what the vast majority of all other posters say about her wearing a wedding dress, looking like a first time bride, ect., I'm glad to see that she got married this way. Her 1st wedding was such a "Fairy Tale" that it is almost too incredible to believe. So I'm glad that she had a small intimate wedding just for herself and her spouse. A more down to earth wedding. Had she gotten married to a commoner the 1st time around, I bet you her 1st wedding "probably" would have been very much that same as this one.
But whatever the case or their reasonings, whether it's long term or short term as everyone seems to predict, I hope they are blessed with every happiness that life may bring them.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Courtier

Princess Mary has worn gowns by Henrik Hviid. Here's what I remember:
1. the purple sari gown during the Romanian State Visit (March 16, 2004 so she was still Miss Mary Donaldson)
2. the blue satin gown Princess Mary wore for the New Year's Court 2006.

I think QMII also has gowns by Henrik Hviid but I need to search which ones they are.

-Ayvee