Princess Charlene Jewels 1: 2010 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The photoshoot is great, I just dont get that the tiara was included, Pamela Anderson hair doesnt look good with it at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
All the photos of the princesses and queens have a lot of photoshop.

The photos of Charlene are beautiful.

She is so beautiful.

Thank you for posting the link to the rest of the pics melina premiere. They confirm this is very much a fashion shoot. (Out of interest why in your post do you "laugh a lot")?

The Princess of Monaco Jewellery [Charlene]

Thank you for the other images, Melina! :) It's a beautiful fashion set, and I love how the tiara looks with her short hairstyle. PC is so high fashion...

Last edited:
Agree with all the previous posters about weird outing of the tiara on common magazine, just wearing a bedsheet??
The tiara itself is unique and magnificent. I do think it suits her and can be worn many ways.

P Charlene looks beautiful and elegant in the pics where she wears the formal gowns with her tiara. I quite like this tiara, it is modern and different and designed specially for her. I would love to see her wear it for some formal occasion.

As to the pics appearing in "Hola", I think Monaco has always been slightly different to other Royal houses, maybe less formal...maybe this is why the PR team allowed this.

I found these photos wonderfull . When I read all your comments, I laugh a lot.
You might be laughing at us, but others are laughing at Charlene and at Monaco. My fear is that slowly but surely the image of the Principality and it's Ruling Family is devolving into little more than that of mega wealthy jet-set media celebs.

That makes me sad, because I am old enough to remember the prestige and the elegance once associated with Monaco, mostly due to the efforts of Rainier and Grace. I had hoped to see Albert and Charlene carry on with it:sad:.

As someone else has posted Charlene is the most naturally elegant of all the European consorts and is one of the most stunning women in the world. She does not need Hola! for a platform, like Jennifer Lopez or Kim Kardashian. She could be and should be on another level entirely.

Charlene is clearly a focussed woman who has already achieved a lot in her previous career as a sportswoman. I suspect she is still trying to establish, in her own mind more than anywhere else, what her new role really is, and what she should be doing with her time. I would be surprised if she actually had much guidance from within the Grimaldi family in this regard.

I'd have prefered to see Princess Charlene wearing the tiara at the recent Rose Ball or at the wedding of Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill last summer.I wonder why she has waited until now to wear it and for a photo shoot,it all strikes me as slightly bizarre.

I know; it boggles the mind trying to understand why she'd wear the tiara for a photo shoot for a celebrity magazine but not for Princess Madeleine's wedding where tiaras were de rigueur.

Last edited:
I think we're lucky to see the Ocean at all! Charlene obviously doesn't like jewelry that much, perhaps she needs a "theatrical" setting to be comfortable wearing her magnificent jewels. Totally awesome!

As for "do we need her....", well no, we don't. However, I think it's great that the House of Grimaldi doesn't keep her under lock and key and that Charlene is not timid about "selective exposure." It is done on her terms, not on the terms of a rabid crowd of photographers clamoring for a photo.

I think the photography is beautiful and wouldn't mind doing this kind of thing myself!!!

Last edited:
I don't know what to think about these "appeareances"... She almost look ridiculous and seems to want attention and convince everybody of her beautiful life etc.... She doesn't need it really :-(

Last edited:
The Princess of Monaco and the Ocean Tiara

JewelsCharleneamptheOceanTiara2014044.jpg

JewelsCharleneamptheOceanTiara2014043.jpg

These images are heavily cropped portions of the original photographs and each constitutes less than 20% of the original.

I'm not convinced, particularly in Warren's second image, that Charlene was wearing the tiara. It looks kind of like it's been photoshopped onto her head.

I'm think this is one of those tiaras that will always look better when it's not being worn. It's clearly a work of art, but on Charlene it just doesn't excite.

That hairstyle is not at all flattering.

I also give the newest princess of Monaco the benefit of the doubt. If you read the comments accompanying the photos (although my spanish is admittedly rusty), the princess talks about the Prince being her best friend, support and confidant. The two of them do a great deal of travelling apparently and Charlene says she is having the time of her life. I would be interested to know if Spanish members could corroborate my translations or, better still, provide the text of the interview provided to Hola.

I think Charlene is doing her best and the term Eurotrash does not come to mind here! One could do far worse than being princess of such an astonishing principality:lol::flowers:

I was so thrilled to see she'd finally worn the Ocean Tiara....and then to see it's for Hola!?! I just do not get it!!

It is a tiara, taken off its frame, convertable to a necklace.
Or a necklace, placed on its frame, convertable to a tiara.

v You Tube video posted by the Van Cleef & Arpels company

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhWF9l8Cl6w

Last edited:
Her hair is not very suited for a tiara here. It looks super random even if the tiara itself is a work of art.
It would work perfectly if she wore it as a headband or something.

I know; it boggles the mind trying to understand why she'd wear the tiara for a photo shoot for a celebrity magazine but not for Princess Madeleine's wedding where tiaras were de rigueur.

That's what confuses me, too. I'm not getting my hopes up, but perhaps she's telling us that she's going to try and wear tiaras more often. She's started doing this with necklaces and other jewellery. I remember when she wouldn't even wear a pair of earrings. Like others here, I'm a little disappointed that Charlene agreed to wear the tiara for a photo shoot with Hola, and has seemed to disagree to wear a tiara to the formal events within Monaco.

That aside, Charlene looked very elegant in those photos, and the Ocean Spray Tiara is gorgeous. It's becoming a new favourite of mine. I particularly like the first photo that Warren posted. She looks quite sophisticated and regal there.

Anybody know why Charlene doesn't seem keen on jewellery? I don't mind either way, as people can do what they like, but does she perhaps dislike jewellery in general?

She appeared to go through roughly a 12 month period when she refrained from wearing any major pieces of jewellery, often at quite high profile events. I have never believed that she doesn't like jewellery as she seemed to have no problem wearing jewels prior to her marriage and noticeably in photo shoots such as for Tatler magazine. In recent months thankfully she has started to wear jewellery again.

Thanks for that, Elly C! - So it's a choice of hers, rather than a problem i.e. some people have an extremely sensitive skin that doesn't tolerate any metal at all, and I was wondering if that my be the case with Charlene.

As I said, I don't mind either, and it wouldn't be mine to mind anyway! I've actually become fond of her "no frills" style, the opposite of which would perhaps be Queen Margarete of Denmark. She often looks like a Christmas tree on two feet, but that's her style. :)

In an interview some time ago she mentioned having needed time to adjust to her new life; in hindsight (and imo) the jewelfree period was a sign of that not feeling at ease with her role yet
(but in the case of the swedish wedding where she not only didn't wear jewelry, but also not the orders and sashes she ought to have, i still blame her advisors....someone should have guided her a lot better...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom