The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-18-2015, 04:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldmemail View Post
Why would Queen Anne Marie lend it to Tatiana when the tiara belongs to Princess Alexia ?

Because Alexia no longer uses it. Whomever's in possession of the tiara now has lent it to Princess Theodora many times before, so why not lend it to your sister or daughter in law if it's not being used currently by it's owner?

Old 06-18-2015, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Princess Theodora has worn Princess Alexia's tiara once, and only once. That was at Madeleine's wedding, when Tatiana wore Queen Anne-Marie's antique corsage tiara. Princess Alexia did not attend the last few tiara events. But why would that mean that she will never again wear a tiara?

Old 06-18-2015, 05:49 PM
Courtier

Tatiana, Princess Nikolaos of Greece Jewellery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Princess Theodora has worn Princess Alexia's tiara once, and only once. That was at Madeleine's wedding, when Tatiana wore Queen Anne-Marie's antique corsage tiara. Princess Alexia did not attend the last few tiara events. But why would that mean that she will never again wear a tiara?

I'm not saying she will never wear it again but she has not worn it in a long time...so why not lend it to someone like Tatiana who is basically going to these events on behalf of the Greek Royal Family now.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:27 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy View Post
Because Alexia no longer uses it. Whomever's in possession of the tiara now has lent it to Princess Theodora many times before, so why not lend it to your sister or daughter in law if it's not being used currently by it's owner?

Princess Alexia has not been photographed wearing it for some time, admittedly, however that does not mean she does not wear it, and certainly no reason to pass it on to her brother's wife! After all the tiara is her personal property. If it was an old family piece then I would agree with you. I wonder how King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie would feel about the idea of their valuable gift being given away as you describe?
Old 06-19-2015, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

It is a pity that no one here seems to have the print version of Point de Vue. They seem to know if this tiara is a loan or a gift. If it was a gift it absolutely makes sense that she wanted to wear it at the first opportunity.

Old 06-19-2015, 03:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldmemail View Post
Princess Alexia has not been photographed wearing it for some time, admittedly, however that does not mean she does not wear it, and certainly no reason to pass it on to her brother's wife! After all the tiara is her personal property. If it was an old family piece then I would agree with you. I wonder how King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie would feel about the idea of their valuable gift being given away as you describe?

Again, you have misunderstood what I've said. In no way did I say Alexia should "give away" her tiara to Tatiana. I simply said she could "loan" it to Tatiana because she was not wearing it, as she has done for Theodora. Maybe they're not that close and that's why she hasn't but I think it would look great on Tatiana.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Tilla,
Point de Vue wrote :
Other new think of the wedding (the first was Sofia's tiara) is the tiara of Princess Nicolas of Greece, modern tiara signed Bulgari loan from the well known italien jeweller.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you so much for the translation, Maria Olivia.
Just a loan! That is somewhat disappointing. Also I don't really see why she would loan from a jeweller when there is a perfectly beautiful family tiara available. And I had hoped to see her wear it again as a necklace.

Old 06-19-2015, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent

That exactly Tilia C. i thinking me too. She is belong to the royal family ex of course but they have beautiful tiaras so why loan a tiara for someone italian jeweller. I cant' t understand.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Thank you so much for the translation, Maria Olivia.
Just a loan! That is somewhat disappointing. Also I don't really see why she would loan from a jeweller when there is a perfectly beautiful family tiara available. And I had hoped to see her wear it again as a necklace.

Well she only has the antique corsage tiara to wear because none of the other royal family members will loan her their tiara's. Queen AM seems quite stingy with hers...she has at least 4...the ruby, the emerald and the khedive diamond and Queen Fredericka's huge diamond tiara yet she never loans them out. It seems a loan is the only way for Tatiana to wear a new one.
Old 06-20-2015, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator

So far the huge diamond tiara has only been once by Marie Chantale, Queen Anne-Marie has never worn it, although she is the Greek lady with most tiara events in Denmark. So it is more likely that this tiara is owned by Pavlos and MC.

The Khedive tiara is only loaned for weddings, which is a nice tradition, imo. And the emerald and ruby sets are reserved to the Queen, which somehow also makes sense.

Tatiana has worn the antique corsage tiara only twice: at her own wedding and at Madeleine's wedding. I wouldn't exactly call that overuse. Imo the loan would be more understandable if Theodora had also attended this wedding. Or if Tatiana had been wearing the corsage tiara at Queen Margrethe's birthday this spring (but alas, the younger Greeks were not invited). Personally, I find the antique corsage tiara very beautiful, and so I missed seeing it.

Old 06-20-2015, 07:13 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree Tilia. I think is very strange she did wore the antique corsage tiara. Maybe there is something simply explanation for that and just we don't know.
Old 06-20-2015, 06:38 PM
Heir Apparent

And what about if she simply wanted to wear something different. Tatiana is not from a royal or aristocratic family. Consequently she might not feel any particular bond with the family tiaras they are just nice jewels for her. She might not be interested in the historical meaning of them. So she wanted to wear just a new one.
Old 06-21-2015, 02:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Is logical Alexia or Marie-Chantal going to some tiara event and wore a tiara loan for someone italian jewler? When they are members of a royal family who have such wonderful tiaras? The same to Tatiana.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Marie Chantal wears her daughter's Fringe tiara.

She wore once Queen Frederica tiara is this her personal tiara now ??

Queen Anne Marie seems not ready to share her royal jewels.
Theodora will wear the Khedive tiara for her future Wedding , but it is a tradition and a loan.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe she has also Jewels from her grandmother, Ellinka Countess von Einsiedel? Anyway, Tatiana's own family seems well-off enough to purchase new jewels...
Old 06-21-2015, 08:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Tilla,
Point de Vue wrote :
Other new think of the wedding (the first was Sofia's tiara) is the tiara of Princess Nicolas of Greece, modern tiara signed Bulgari loan from the well known italien jeweller.
Probably it is a 'modern' diadem but the design is very much alike a diamond haircomb worn by Queen Máxima which has not been seen for almost 100 years but suddenly was re-discovered by Máxima. This one was once created for the young Queen Wilhelmina, around 1900... Who knows, also Tatiana's diadem is an old one, from the Bvlgari collection?
Old 06-21-2015, 10:01 AM
Commoner

love her modern jewelry as well
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/394487248583325618/
Old 06-21-2015, 10:07 AM
Commoner

Please help a newbie, how do you upload images on this forum
Old 06-21-2015, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent

A jeweller as Bulgari may copy old designs , he is free and does what he wants.

It is perhaps why Tatiana choose this one , but the sharp eyes of jewel forums are there....

Tags
princess nikolaos, tatiana blatnik