Royal Ruby Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:
When Charles and Camilla visited Saudi Arabia in March 2006 Prince Talal Al-Waleed presented Camilla with three demi-parures: one diamond & emerald, one diamond & sapphire and one diamond & ruby. The picture shows the debut ruby appearance in January 2007 (the sapphires first appeared in November 2006 and we had to wait until June 2009 to see the emeralds).

i quite like the saudi necklace it looks very simler to princess shams of irans tiara very close stlye (oh i am gentry ) :)

That is one massive, imposing piece. I envision an overall redesign of that necklace: removing the dangling bits and converting them to earrings, pendants and bracelets while leaving the collar section as the necklace. Or modifying the dangling section as another necklace convertible to a tiara. But that's just my taste.

Last edited:
Hm - I think it is the piece I like least on Camilla.
I mean - if anybody can show off the big pieces than HRH - but this seems somehow too big - even for her.

Love Camilla's massive ruby collar necklace!

My favourites are the The Mellerio Ruby Tiara and the Iran Ruby Tiara.

The French one is my favorite, followed by the Greek.

The French tiara seems like you could take that entire top row off and still have a stunning tiara. The French sure know how to create some beauty with gems.

Same with the stars tiara. Take all the stars off and use them for hair ornaments and you still have that beautiful and delicate base.

But for my taste, it is going to be the Desiree tiara that CP Mary wears. That whole set is magnificent on her.

Oh that French tiara is by far the best work of art out there............what an beautiful piece of art and the way the jewels just shine next to one another............so would love to just try it one once.

Sofia's my fave, smaller stones in consistant pattern,not OTT. I also like Mary's. Not big on pearls and the British are too much for me. :):)

Grand Duchess Marie Pavlovna actually managed to smuggle out a lot of her jewels I wonder if the tiara was one of them?

Grand Duchess Marie Pavlovna actually managed to smuggle out a lot of her jewels I wonder if the tiara was one of them?
The ruby was also taken by Albert Stopford and it was inherited by one of her sons who sold it. Xenia Leeds was the next person to own it

Back
Top Bottom