The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-10-2016, 05:53 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Katarina of Yugoslavia,Lady de Silva wearing a tiara:

http://thelondonseason.org/wp-conten...Committee2.jpg

Old 10-09-2016, 05:36 AM
Serene Highness

Crown Princess Katherine wearing her usual diamond tiara at Prince Leka's wedding gala:

http://www.revistaclass.al/media/201...869d3dfedd.jpg

and one close-up:

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2...E161008134.jpg

Old 12-08-2016, 07:50 AM
Serene Highness

Rare photo where we could see Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia in the corner,standing next to the Duke of Kent and wearing her mother's Cartier tiara:

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FfmjdfVla...Olgain1955.tif
Old 12-08-2016, 03:39 PM
Aristocracy

Do you mean the large kokoshnik from Olga's mother Elena? I cant think of another Cartier tiara in the family, but this one doesn't resamble the kokoshnik, IMO.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince.of.preslav View Post

Do you mean the large kokoshnik from Olga's mother Elena? I cant think of another Cartier tiara in the family, but this one doesn't resamble the kokoshnik, IMO.
Yes, that one.

After the war it has been, sort of, remodeled...diamond drops that hanged were removed and tiara looked different.

And from this angle it doesn't look like that, but it is. The central element is clearly seen in Elizabeth's head, but the rest is looking different due to angle of the photo.

Here is the same tiara worn by Elizabeth's former sister in law Maria Pia:

https://royalwatcherblog.files.wordp...2&h=970&crop=1
Old 12-08-2016, 05:04 PM
Aristocracy

I can see your poit, Marc23. I *think* I see the collet diamonds on top, but the distinctive curve of the kokoshnik isn't there. At least I can not see it.
But since the family didn't have anything other that resambles what Elizabeth wore in 1955, you might be right.
:)
Old 12-08-2016, 06:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince.of.preslav View Post
I can see your poit, Marc23. I *think* I see the collet diamonds on top, but the distinctive curve of the kokoshnik isn't there. At least I can not see it.
But since the family didn't have anything other that resambles what Elizabeth wore in 1955, you might be right.
:)
Welll, they did have the splendid Boucheron diamond tiara, but she is obviously not wearing that tiara.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent

The main jewels were Princess Olga's, Prince Paul's wife . She got them from her Mother Grand Duchess of Russia;
Princess Barbara sold them to Albion Japan .
The main Branch, Prince Alexander owns only a small tiara. I don't know which tiara his Mother wore in the past.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
The main jewels were Princess Olga's, Prince Paul's wife . She got them from her Mother Grand Duchess of Russia;
Princess Barbara sold them to Albion Japan .
The main Branch, Prince Alexander owns only a small tiara. I don't know which tiara his Mother wore in the past.
This tiara didn't come from Princess Olga's mother, but Prince Paul inherited this tiara from his aunt, Princess Moina Demidoff di San Donato, Princess Abamalek-Lazarev. Prince Paul's mother came from a fabulously wealthy family and he inherited most from his mother Aurora and his aunt also, who also left him almost everything.

This tiara that was sold to Albion was a very valuable Boucheron tiara, as the biggest diamonds in tiara were the rare yellow diamonds.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for correcting the Abamalek tiara.
Did Crown Prince Alexander's Mother have grand jewels ??
Old 12-09-2016, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

That's a very interesting case. Is it possible, that the Cartier kokoshnik was convertible so that it could be worn in a smaller version? The full Cartier tiara was enormously huge, while this one looks only slightly larger than Queen Mary's bandeau tiara, which is worn by Princess Alexandra of Kent i this pic. But with the upper part of the kokoshnik coming off, that might have looked like the one worn by the Princess here.

Old 12-10-2016, 01:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Thanks for correcting the Abamalek tiara.
Did Crown Prince Alexander's Mother have grand jewels ??
I don't think so...

The only jewels that COULD be inherited and seen yet so far is the strand of pearls necklace.

Maybe I am wrong, but I assumed this based on pictures:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/ass...al-gallery.jpg

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...ure-id79027804
Old 12-10-2016, 01:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
That's a very interesting case. Is it possible, that the Cartier kokoshnik was convertible so that it could be worn in a smaller version? The full Cartier tiara was enormously huge, while this one looks only slightly larger than Queen Mary's bandeau tiara, which is worn by Princess Alexandra of Kent i this pic. But with the upper part of the kokoshnik coming off, that might have looked like the one worn by the Princess here.
I think she has worn the "smaller version" of Cartier tiara...but without diamond drops, not without upper part of the tiara. In the picture the tiara looks rather big on Elizabeth's head, no matter it's hardly seen due to angle, but the central part of the tiara is recognizable.

Her mother Olga also wore this remodeled version several times:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...3cd17f32fa.jpg
Old 12-10-2016, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent

This tiara went to King Peter Ii and Queen Alexandra. I saw only one smallPicture.
They sold he tiara to van Cleef and Arpels , who sold the emerald cabochons to Chaumet.
The tiara on display in Brussels was with fake emeralds.
Old 12-10-2016, 04:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
This tiara went to King Peter Ii and Queen Alexandra. I saw only one smallPicture.
They sold he tiara to van Cleef and Arpels , who sold the emerald cabochons to Chaumet.
The tiara on display in Brussels was with fake emeralds.
Here is a picture of pre-wedding ball of Queen Elizabeth II where Queen Alexandra of Yugoslavia wore this emerald tiara:

https://royal-magazin.de/yugoslavia/...a-necklace.htm
Old 12-10-2016, 04:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes Marc it is this one. Lovely Royal couple with sad destiny.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:05 PM
Serene Highness

Arriving at Donald Trump's ball at 8:55min. an unknown lady is wearing Queen Marie's emerald kokoshnik tiara:

Old 04-10-2017, 09:52 PM
Royal Highness

Who is she? Did anyone see the diamond tiara in the beginning? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0241.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	300264
Old 04-11-2017, 03:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
Who is she? Did anyone see the diamond tiara in the beginning? Attachment 300264
Khm, really don't know who could it be :(

I have seen "diamond" tiara at the beginning. The woman who wears it looks like an "adult movie star".
Old 04-14-2017, 03:14 AM
Serene Highness

Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia selling jewels she inherited from her grandmother Grand Duchess Helen Vladimirovna of Russia:

AN ANTIQUE RUBY AND DIAMOND ANCHOR BROOCH | Christie's

Tags
jewellery, yugoslavia