Royal and Noble Families of Italy Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And for some reasons the wives "stay home" when there IS a gala event:

Aimone di Savoia-Aosta without Olga

Actually both Aimone and Olga attended the white-tie Gala Dinner after the Wedding of Grand Duke Georgi of Russia recently. But sadly the Duchess of Aosta without major Jewels.

I am not sure if the RF has much need of them either. They will most likely be auctioned of, esp. if they are to be shared between all children of King Umberto. Pss M. Gabriella already sold a large part of her collection. The prince of Venice still has a considerable collection of jewels, but sadly there are not amny ocassions where they can be used, other than a royal wedding every now and then.

But tucked away in a safe they are no good to anybody, so let's hope that one way or another they will re-appear soon.

What is the reason the state is so reluctant to give them up? Public outcry if they do end up with the RF perhaps? And is it known what jewels it would entail?

That is what i fear also that when they are given back to the Prince of Naples and his sisters that they will be auctioned.

Perhaps there could be a compromise that the will be put on display somewhere.

That is what i fear also that when they are given back to the Prince of Naples and his sisters that they will be auctioned.

Perhaps there could be a compromise that the will be put on display somewhere.

To be fair, Prince Vittorio Emanuele has not auctioned "his" jewels. He still owns a fabulous collection. I am not sure what is still left from what his three sisters inherited or received.

To be fair, Prince Vittorio Emanuele has not auctioned "his" jewels. He still owns a fabulous collection. I am not sure what is still left from what his three sisters inherited or received.

Very true. Prince Vittorio Emanuele is the only one who kept the jewels. His sisters either did not accept the inheritance or sold them out at auction.

Back
Top Bottom