Queen Mathilde Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would I be a total barbarian to feel that the whole ensemble would have looked so much nicer if she had switched the tiaras?

The Laurel Wreath tiara is one of the most elegant tiaras around and on Mathilde, sheer magic.

finally! a belgian queen with a respectable amount of jewels!

Would I be a total barbarian to feel that the whole ensemble would have looked so much nicer if she had switched the tiaras?

The Laurel Wreath tiara is one of the most elegant tiaras around and on Mathilde, sheer magic.
I kind of agree that the laurel wreath tiara is more elegant and beautiful as a tiara than the Wolfers. But I also love to see it as a necklace. And most of all, I am very happy that Queen Mathilde chose to wear the Wolfers as a tiara for it's first wearing. It was a great debut of a long un-seen jewel! :D

For future appearance of this combination of jewels I will be happy to see it the other way round. And I am very fond of diversity. So I hope that Mathilde will put all her tiaras on rotation.

:previous: Iirc, the brooch has only been seen once, like the necklace. It is assumed to be either a loan, or a decorative part of the gown.

finally! a belgian queen with a respectable amount of jewels!

Queen Fabiola had a more than "respectable" amount of jewels. She had a vault, and happily her successor Mathilde seems to be benefitting from it;)!

Queen Fabiola had a more than "respectable" amount of jewels. She had a vault, and happily her successor Mathilde seems to be benefitting from it;)!

Do we have a clue about the contents of this vault?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I have vintage copies of PdV, Paris Match, and Jours de France that go back to 60's and 70's that detail the late queen's bling. I ordered them online;).

And there is always the Queen Fabiola Jewellry Thread.

I am so happy that she received the Wolfers Tiara from Q Fabiola... and I am hoping for more - especially the Spanish Wedding Gift Tiara. Thank god that she is no longer bejewelled like "the poorest Queen in Europe" (I guess you know what I want to say, this is not negative)..... and I hope, hope, hope that they will create a foundation soon.
BYe Bine

I am so happy that she received the Wolfers Tiara from Q Fabiola... and I am hoping for more - especially the Spanish Wedding Gift Tiara. Thank god that she is no longer bejewelled like "the poorest Queen in Europe" (I guess you know what I want to say, this is not negative)..... and I hope, hope, hope that they will create a foundation soon.
BYe Bine

The Belgian RF was actually once one of the richest in Europe due to the profits that King Leopold II drew from his private rule of the Congo. Before his demise though, Leopold transferred most of his private wealth to a public Royal Trust, provided that his successors kept the right of disposal over the assets in the Trust. The Belgian royal residences IMHO are still among the most exquisite in Europe and, although they are actually either owned by the State directly or part of the Royal Trust, in practice the Royal Family is free to use them as they wish.

What happened to the Belgian royal jewels is a different story though and much of it has to do with marriages of Belgian princesses into foreign royal families and the perpetual family feuds that seem to be recurrent in the House of Belgium (e.g. Princess Lilian selling Queen Elisabeth's Cartier tiara rather than leaving it to Fabiola).

Last edited:
The supposed wealth of the Belgian royal family is largely a myth. There are plenty of stories of royals like the four daughters of King Leopold II, the brother of King Leopold III, Princess Lilian, the three children of King Leopold III with Princess Lilian, Prince Laurent and even former King Albert himself whom came in -financially- narrow shoes and had to be creative to meet ends.

The supposed wealth of the Belgian royal family is largely a myth. There are plenty of stories of royals like the four daughters of King Leopold II, the brother of King Leopold III, Princess Lilian, the three children of King Leopold III with Princess Lilian, Prince Laurent and even former King Albert himself whom came in -financially- narrow shoes and had to be creative to meet ends.

King Leopold II's wealth is no myth. It suffices to see the amount of money he personally spent on the Royal Domain of Laeken and all the improvements he made thereto (the park, the greenhouses, the Asian pavilions, etc.). I agree though that the family nowadays is personally not very wealthy as most of their former assets either belong to the State or are part of the Royal Trust. Still, they get a generous state grant for personal expenses (not only the King, but his siblings and parents too).

The Belgian royal family has little to complain, of course. But even being "at the disposal of the King and/or his family" (by the Trust of the so-called "Royal Donation") seems not affordable as King Albert II had to give up the use of the Château de Fenfffe, his beloved Ardennes retreat, since he could not afford it anymore with his "pension".

Le roi Albert pourrait quitter Fenffe - La Libre.be

The aquamarines are lovely with Mathilde's blue eyes. It would look stunning if she ever wears Fabiola's aquamarine jewelry. There are quite some stunning pieces apart from the tiara.

I liked the late Queen Fabiola wearing this tiara until her last glittering events.

I do not like Queen Mathilde so much and may wait seing her wearing all Queen Fabiola's jewels not even a year the late Queen passed away..

Queen Mathilde had 3 tiara appearances of 2015:

1 2 3

Last edited:
if you look in Mathildes jewllery box she has some necklaces
is there somewhere i can find them listed
or does anyone of you have an ide what necklaces she has

i would love your help

i wanted to find out what her jewllery collections looks like

the tiaras are easy but then i actully have no ide

Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Tiaras
* Queen Elisabeth's Diamond Bandeau worn at her wedding
* Laurel Wreath Tiara it has also been worn as a necklace
* The Nine Provinces Tiara (worn only since she became Queen) both as a full version and small version
* Wolfers necklace Tiara (worn only since she became Queen)

if you look in Mathildes jewllery box she has some necklaces
is there somewhere i can find them listed
or does anyone of you have an ide what necklaces she has

i would love your help

With the necklaces it is difficult to know shich she actually owns. There are a few she has only worn once and who are probably loans from Jewellers.
Like the necklace worn at the 40th birthday cdelebrations of King Willem-Alexander or the owrn at the swedish Royal Wedding in 2010.

My favorites is all but i love the Nine Province tiara! And the big question of course who everybody wonder "were is Queen Fabiola Spanish wedding gift tiara?

My favorites is all but i love the Nine Province tiara! And the big question of course who everybody wonder "were is Queen Fabiola Spanish wedding gift tiara?

In Queen Fabiola's jewel's thread you could find some info about it.

Her inheritance isn't still settled,so her Spanish tiara(previously owned by Dukes of Medinaceli) in particular is still waiting for a new owner.

It is suspected that her inheritance will be settled in weeks,as they say.

RTL INFO 19H (18 janvier 2016)

Here is a link(if you understand French-starting 31:54 until about 34:00min.) where they speak about her inheritance and Spanish tiara,among other things they also mention the famous story about those fake red and green stones which we have discussed earlier.

Last edited:
Reactions: eya
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom