The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-20-2015, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the Belgians do not have that close attachment to the Royal House and for sure not to an old widow whom was already more or less out of the picture for such a long time. The indifference and the minimal public interest during the Funeral seem no indication that the Belgians care at all about Queen Fabiola's private jewels.

Why should the Belgians become upset because of jewels once given by the Franco Government? It were her jewels and apparently she left her estate to Oeuvres de la Reine. We will see.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I lived in Luxembourg in seventies and may say that the late Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte was not that popular. She was "hautaine"

But selling her jewels and his Mothers Queen Astrid which were presents was that unpopulair that the Grand Duke had to pay the great amount to Sotheby for its Auction Cancellation

As Belgian I don' t agree with a Dutch/French point of view .
I don't agree either the indifference and minima public interest for our popular late Consort Queen.

Old 02-20-2015, 04:51 PM
Majesty

Here is a great photo of her beautiful sapphire ring.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Which is not her engagement ring...
Old 02-20-2015, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow! That's gorgeous!
Old 02-21-2015, 04:12 AM
Majesty

This pearl necklace is magnificent!

1 2 3 4

Very beautiful and interesting design.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Costume jewelry. Sadly.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:33 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Which is not her engagement ring...
I believe her engagement ring was a ruby which has not been seen for a while:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Hflpi5cC9a.../_Mathilde.jpg

I believe that she has worn an antique necklace that belonged to her maternal grandmother once or twice during the engagement period. It seemed to be a choker made of some steel elements IIRC, it didn't glitter much at least. I am not able to dig up a picture at the moment.

I wonder if this is a heirloom of the Udekem family or if Countess Anne borrowed it for the occassion (wedding of her youngest daughter) too.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...276db16c7e.jpg
Old 02-21-2015, 04:38 AM
Heir Apparent

The engagement ring given to Mathilde d'Udekem d'Acoz indeed was the diamond ring with a central ruby shown by Marengo. Her another picture.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:07 PM
Heir Apparent

The Countess wore a Komorowska necklace.
The d'Udekem family (Queen Mathide 's Father) is not rich , had troubles between brothers about their Mother's Heritage etc...
Old 02-26-2015, 03:50 PM
Majesty

These yellow diamond earrings are magnificent!

Crown Princess Mathilde Of Belgium Attends The Wedding Of Crown... News Photo | Getty Images
Old 02-26-2015, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Those are gorgeous! Diamonds... A girl's best friend!
Old 02-28-2015, 06:35 PM
Majesty

Many photos of her stunning jewels:

Gala Jewels: Queen Mathilde of the Belgians (Part One) | The Court Jeweller

Gala Jewels: Queen Mathilde of the Belgians (Part Two) | The Court Jeweller

Mathilde has such a stunning collection. I can't wait to see other jewels she will wear as Queen.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post

Mathilde has such a stunning collection. I can't wait to see other jewels she will wear as Queen.

Thank you for the links.

Queen Mathilde has quite a good collection, if we don't count the tiaras, but she rarely uses her necklaces and brooches.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post

The description stunning made me expecting awesome royal jewels. The only jewels I saw were earrings, brooches and some costume jewelry aside the diadem she received from the Belgian aristocracy. What is "stunning" in these examples, measured by royal standards? Camilla or Máxima wouldn't even blink an eyelash for the given examples...

Old 03-02-2015, 05:49 PM
Nobility

Queen Mathilde Jewellery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The description stunning made me expecting awesome royal jewels. The only jewels I saw were earrings, brooches and some costume jewelry aside the diadem she received from the Belgian aristocracy. What is "stunning" in these examples, measured by royal standards? Camilla or Máxima wouldn't even blink an eyelash for the given examples...

Well in this case, Mathilde's collection can't be compared to those of Màxima and Camilla, they married into royal families with grand family foundation jewels, and each has only added a few pieces to the collection.
Mathilde has added a lot of new jewels to an actually non-existing collection, aside from her laurel wreath.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:15 PM
Gentry

Today at 11th March during engagement in Egmont Palace Queen Mathilde wore diamond sapphire insect brooche, any informations about it?
Maybe part of late Q Fabiola colection? I hope so...
Old 03-11-2015, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

That is a beautiful brooch and a nice addition if it is real. I have never seen the late Queen Fabiola with this. It can also be a heirloom from the Queen's late mother, the Countess Philippe de Lannoy née Jonkvrouw Alix della Faille de Leverghem.

https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?pag...1806933&pos=15
Old 03-11-2015, 09:39 PM
Serene Highness

Isn't that Stephanie of Luxemburg's mother?
Old 03-12-2015, 04:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Isn't that Stephanie of Luxemburg's mother?
Oooooooowwww.... I see I can not do two things at the same time: watching Chelsea playing Paris Saint-Germain and writing on the Royal Forums....

Of course Queen Mathilde's mother is the Dowager Patrick d'Udekem d'Acoz née Countess Anne Marie Komorowska.

The lady I named was from "that other Belgian", the mother of Hereditary Grand-Duchess Stéphanie of Luxembourg, of course.

Tags
crown princess mathilde, jewellery, mathilde, princess mathilde