Queen Mathilde Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Mathilde's Mother is not a Dowager , her Son is Student and unmarried !

No Jonkvrouw for french speaking Noblity in Belgium as the family della Faille.

Chevalier et Madame de ....(first born)
Chevalier xxx et Madame de ...

I have just found this photo of Queen Fabiola wearing insect brooch. Do you think it is the same piece?
http://members2.boardhost.com/royal-jewels/msg/1418210095.html

Queen Mathilde's Mother is not a Dowager , her Son is Student and unmarried !

A dowager (douairière in in French and Dutch) is the widow of a titled gentleman.

(La douairière est un terme de droit ancien désignant une veuve d'un milieu aristocratique.)

Countess Anna Maria's son (and Mathilde's brother) is not THE Count d'Udekem d'Acoz, that is Henri, the eldest brother of the late Count Patrick. So Anna Maria can not be referred as "The Countess d'Udekem d'Acoz").

:flowers:

No Jonkvrouw for french speaking Noblity in Belgium as the family della Faille.

Chevalier et Madame de ....(first born)
Chevalier xxx et Madame de ...

Alix Della Faille de Leverghem is from Leuven and is daughter of a father from Antwerp (Harold Della Faille de Leverghem) and a mother from Antwerp (Madeleine de Brouchoven de Bergeyck). So Alix will have been registered in the rolls of the city of Leuven, as Jonkvrouw. Look at the famous politician and model Jonkvrouw Katia Della Faille de Leverghem.

During the wedding of Philippe and Mathilde, the Mayor of Brussels and the Municipal Registrar read the Act of Marriage in three languages. Mathilde, from French-speaking origin held the predicate Jonkvrouw anyway:

In Dutch:
De hoogwelgeboren Jonkvrouw Mathilde Marie Christine Ghislaine d'Udekem d'Acoz, geboren te Ukkel op twintig januari negentienhonderd drieënzeventig, gehuisvest te Bastenaken, Losange, 2, meerderjarige dochter van de hoogwelgeboren Jonkheer Patrick Paul François Xavier Marie Ghislain d'Udekem d'Acoz, en van zijn echtgenote de hooggeboren vrouwe Anne-Marie Gravin Komorowski, beiden gehuisvest te Bastenaken.

In French:
Demoiselle Mathilde Marie Christine Ghislaine d'Udekem d'Acoz, née à Uccle, le vingt janvier mil neuf cent septante-trois, domiciliée à Bastogne, Losange 2, fille majeure de Messire Patrick Paul François Xavier Marie Ghislain d'Udekem d'Acoz, Ecuyer, et de son épouse Anne-Marie Comtesse Komorowski, domiciliés à Bastogne.

(The high- and wellborn Jonkvrouw Mathilde Marie Christine Ghislaine d'Udekem d'Acoz, born in Uccle at the Twentieth of January Nineteen-hundred Seventy-three, having domicily in Bastogne, Losange 2, adult daughter of the high- and wellborn Jonkheer Patrick Paul François Xavier Marie Ghislain d'Udekem d'Acoz, and of his spouse, the highborn lady Anne-Marie Countess Komorowski, both having domicily in Bastogne)

Last edited:
Vous êtes incolablement cultivé...but...
You wrote yourself Jonkvrouw Mathilde and Demoiselle Mathilde..

Mathilde is wearing the full version of the Nine Provinces tiara for the first time at Queen Margrethe's birthday:

1 2

I don't like this tiara but I'm glad she is wearing something new.

Mathilde is wearing the full version of the Nine Provinces tiara for the first time at Queen Margrethe's birthday:

1 2

I don't like this tiara but I'm glad she is wearing something new.

I agree with you it is nice to see Queen Mathilde wearing a different tiara,was hoping we'd see one of Queen Fabiola's as I'm not fond of the Nine Provinces tiara.

I love the tiara when it's just the bottom part, the little it might be. Just not fond of the full version.

Anyway it's great she's wearing the greater version at an event like this ;)

I actually love this tiara. It is so iconic for the Belgian queens and in general I like Art deco designs. Great to see the full version on the queen. No earrings, bracelets or necklace from Fabiola's collection though, so HM keeps us guessing aboutthat.

Indeed , nothing new but never a Queen of the Belgians wore the Sash of the Leopold Order !
Queen Fabiola never wore Sashes and Queen Paola wore only foreign Sashes.

Great to see the full version on the queen. No earrings, bracelets or necklace from Fabiola's collection though, so HM keeps us guessing aboutthat.

Perhaps it is a bit early to see some of Fabiola's jewels It are after all only four months since she passed away.

Imo this tiara looks very good in wide shots, but close up you see that the parts somehow don't fit togerther. Yet it has been worn by for Belgian queens in a row and now it is Mathilde's turn. I actually thought that it was placed beautifully.

Yet I hope that this does not mean that Queen Fabiola's Spanish tiara is really gone.

Perhaps it is a bit early to see some of Fabiola's jewels It are after all only four months since she passed away.
I forgot that it was only four months agot. So you are probably right and we shouldn't yet give up hope.

What a fabulous tiara and she wears it well! If Paola wore it I never noticed it. She was superb tonight

Fair point. That said, we live in hope, and do hope we get to see the Spanish wedding tiara on Queen Mathilde sometime in the future.

When the Royals left their bus yesterday it was so windy . Mathilde's hairdo remained perfect but not Maxima's.

On the glittering royals Evnets MB there is a good clos up of the nive provinces tiara as worn yesterday by Queen Mathilde
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Two special tiaras......
After seeing it i think it should be possible to wear the tiara in it's original Version like it was when it ws gioven to Queen Astrid. One would only need to remove the arches around the top diamond's.

On the glittering royals Evnets MB there is a good clos up of the nive provinces tiara as worn yesterday by Queen Mathilde
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Two special tiaras......
After seeing it i think it should be possible to wear the tiara in it's original Version like it was when it ws gioven to Queen Astrid. One would only need to remove the arches around the top diamond's.
Those close ups are gorgeous. But I'm not sure about wearing it in the original version. To me it looks as if the large dimonds have not connection with the base. They seem to be fixed inside the shapes of the top part. For the original version one would still need to attach the old prongs for the large diamonds.

Those close ups are gorgeous. But I'm not sure about wearing it in the original version. To me it looks as if the large dimonds have not connection with the base. They seem to be fixed inside the shapes of the top part. For the original version one would still need to attach the old prongs for the large diamonds.
But the diamonds are seating on little diamond prongs. Would that not be enough to hold them.

To me it seems that the little diamond prongs are part of the top arches. I can't see any gaps for hinges of breaks between the prongs and the arches. But on many other places of the tiara you can see that kind of gaps. That's why I think that prongs and the arches can't be separated and one would still need separate prongs to wear the tiara in the original version.

On HD pics one can see thin wiring being wrapped around the diadem in a rather clumsy way. It has nothing to do with the top arches. Also when only the base is worn, the wiring is visible. It looks like the wiring is done to fix it to a haircomb/base. I have the idea, for a lady in such a position, that the renowned jewellers im Brussels or Antwerp really can make a better fixation without any visible wiring...

See piture: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d1/b5/e3/d1b5e304e3e9e1fbebb918e0573a9230.jpg

To me it seems that the little diamond prongs are part of the top arches. I can't see any gaps for hinges of breaks between the prongs and the arches. But on many other places of the tiara you can see that kind of gaps. That's why I think that prongs and the arches can't be separated and one would still need separate prongs to wear the tiara in the original version.

But was the tiara not worn once by Queen Fabiola or was it Paola with the arches but without the deamonds inside the arches?

On HD pics one can see thin wiring being wrapped around the diadem in a rather clumsy way. It has nothing to do with the top arches. Also when only the base is worn, the wiring is visible. It looks like the wiring is done to fix it to a haircomb/base. I have the idea, for a lady in such a position, that the renowned jewellers im Brussels or Antwerp really can make a better fixation without any visible wiring...

See piture: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d1/b5/e3/d1b5e304e3e9e1fbebb918e0573a9230.jpg
Sorry, but I am not convinced. I don't think that those are wires, but think that those are gaps of the hinges. We know that the base must be flexible because it can also be worn as bracelet and necklace.
But was the tiara not worn once by Queen Fabiola or was it Paola with the arches but without the deamonds inside the arches?
You are right. Also Princess Lilian has been seen with the diamonds attached to a necklace. So the diamonds can surely be detached. What I think is that they can't be attached to the base without either the arches or the old original prongs.

Sorry, but I am not convinced. I don't think that those are wires, but think that those are gaps of the hinges. We know that the base must be flexible because it can also be worn as bracelet and necklace.

[...]

I thought that too, but I tried to find a pattern in the "gaps" and could not find any while the bandeau has a logic geometric pattern. I have seen this picture in HD, five times bigger and then you really can see strange things.

The original base:
http://www.allthingsroyal.nl/assets/img/juwelen/belgie/diadeemdernegenprovincieen/tiara.jpg

The same base, compare and see the wiring:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d1/b5/e3/d1b5e304e3e9e1fbebb918e0573a9230.jpg
(click on the picture to enlarge)

Queen Astrid wore the huge diamonds as necklace with her ( now lost ??) emerald tiara.
Princess Lilian wore the diamonds on top of the deco tiara (now Queen Paola's tiara).
Princess Lilian who was not allowed to wear the tiara in its whole wore the base as tiara for President René Coty State Visit in 1958 and got critics.
Queen Fabiola wore for the first time the 9P tiara as wedding tiara since 1935
Queen Fabiola wore the 9P tiara with empty arches and its base as tiara.
Queen Paola never wore the base of the 9Ptiara but wore it as choker necklace.

Queen Mathide and Queen Astrid are the best wearers of the 9p tiara.

I agree with Duke comments about the wirings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom