Queen Margrethe II Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Not new. If I recall correctly this suite was a gift from the Prince Consort.

During the Russian visit Qu Margrethe wore sapphire earrings I haven't seen before with her blue outfit. They are 4 oval sapphires separated by a platinum cross - X.
Sorry but I do not know how to post a photo. Are these new? Does anyone know.

Does anyone have a closeup of the brooch worn to the UK Biggin Hill airport when she visited the Princess of Wales Royal Regiment. I haven't seen it before.

Wonderful piece of jewellery,it is always very interesting to get more information on the pieces and their history.Margarethe looks absolutely fabulous with this tiara!

Oh yes, this is a very pretty and rather dainty tiara. Not oversized and not over the top. Queen Margarethe wears it very well and it always suits her mainly because of the sensible hair style she chooses.

^ I agree with the entire post. A tiara that has the right dose of glamour without being over the top. ;)

I recently read that Queen Margrethe II owns a necklace with white and black pearl, but I've never seen a photo of HM with this jewels. Would anybody here happen to have one?

Bobby

is there any good photos of her wearing this tiara in different ways and maybe with darker hair so one could see it better
when did she wear it for the first time?
photo
photo 1
photo 2

here is a view of her tiara hair
photo
photo 1

but this photo got me intrested what does she have in her hair
any better photoof the hair ornament
photo

just a few other photos
photo 1
golden puppies i think it will look good on mary in a darker hair and put as a diadem
photo 3

Baden Palmette
these earings does anyone have a btter photo

Last edited by a moderator:
but this photo got me intrested what does she have in her hair
any better photoof the hair ornament
photo
It looks like a brooch to me, but I don't think that I've seen it before. Her hair is done extremely elegantly.

That´s a lovely tiara,it looks great on Queen Margrethe!

Thanks for all your pic Josphine. The Floral Tiara is beautiful and I love the fact that it can be so versatile. I know many hate the Poppies piece, but it would look stunning on dark hair and worked more as a tiara. As I stated before on the Forum, I saw a HQ photo of the Poppies and the workmanship was stunning.:flowers:

I love emeralds and the Danish is my favourite emerald tiara. It is understandable that it's reserved for special events only, but I'd like to see it more often.
Katrianna, I agree about the poppies. The flowers themselves are beautifully crafted. With some rearrangement they might become a nice hair adornment. Mary so far has re-modelled both the ruby and her diamond tiara. So she's not afraid to adjust juwellery to her needs.

I do not like yellow gold in dark brown hair, but think it looks wonderful in golden blond hair or red hair. I also think the poppies wold look better if they were used in another way for example around a chignon like the broches on Charlene on her wedding day. Unfortunately there is no blond princess in Denmark.

Does anyone know if Margrethe wore her wedding tiara more than once?

I never see any pictures of her wearing that tiara exept on her wedding day.

This tiara passed to Queen Anne-Marie and she uses it now. QMII has quite large collection of jewelery so without one or two piece she still has a choice. But indeed I can't remember photos of her wearing Khedive tiara.

I just read an on-line book of Mary Adelaide the Duchess of Tecks diaries and journals. On page 99, Mary Adelaide says while visiting Rumpenheim [the scene of many family gatherings] Louisa showed her her jewels. The 5 rows of pearls Louisa said came from Minny and the Csarevich. [Dagmar and the future Tsar Alexander III.]
Louisa also showed her the Khedive pearl necklace with 3 drops. Mary Adelaide says she had no stomachers. Mary Adelaide the Dss of Teck was Queen Marys mother and a cousin of Queen Victoria.
Queen Margethe wears it now and it is a long necklace set.

Does anyone know if Margrethe wore her wedding tiara more than once?

I never see any pictures of her wearing that tiara exept on her wedding day.
No, she never wore it again. Queen Ingrid retained this tiara till her death and only lent it to her daughters and grand-daughters for their respective weddings. After Queen Ingrid's death the tiara went directly to Queen Anne-Marie.

No, she never wore it again. Queen Ingrid retained this tiara till her death and only lent it to her daughters and grand-daughters for their respective weddings. After Queen Ingrid's death the tiara went directly to Queen Anne-Marie.

Queen Anne-Marie has also worn it one time when Queen Ingrid was still alive. Have seen a pic somewhere but don't know where.

Queen Anne-Marie has also worn it one time when Queen Ingrid was still alive. Have seen a pic somewhere but don't know where.
Thank you! I didn't know that and have never seen such a pic.

So, Queen Anne-Marie has never worn this tiara again, do I understand correctly?

You mean Khedive tiara? She wore it, for example at QMII's birthday last year.

:previous:It is well documented that Queen Anne-Marie has worn the Khedive tiara since she has inherited from Queen Ingrid, who died in 2000.
But below Stefan wrote that Anne-Marie also wore it at least once after her wedding and while Ingrid was still alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom