Queen Margrethe II Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well ladies, perhaps you should ask yourselves how will Mary look wearing this tiara?
There is most likely a limit to how many more times QMII will wear this tiara.

Well, boys and girls, a NEW tiara can only be a very goo-ooo-oood thing! Remember, the significanse (grift from greenland) and that the tiara will stay whith the royal collection, whe do have a LOT of little princesses in the tiara pipeline....

It is very ... golden, isn't it?
Can't say I'm particularly fond of it, but I appreciate that it has a special meaning to QMII because it was a gift from Greenland. I actually think it'll look better on Mary because she has this beautiful dark hair (and IMO, golden tiaras always look better on dark-haired heads).

Not a huge fan of the new tiara, but understand it's significance. I think that it may have looked better if paired with a more subtle dress color. Maybe a pretty light pink or soft teal color.

Keep in mind the QMII had input into its design so she might actually love it. She is the lady after all who wears the Golden Poppies :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's slightly better looking than the Golden Poppies, but not by much. It might have looked better on her in her youth, when her hair was darker. It doesn't look good on her now, that's for sure!

I was at the Amalienborg tonight and saw when the danish royals exited the cars. When i saw Margrethe on distance i thought (feared) she had the poppies on her head but to My relief My
Danish friends saw it was the greenlandic tiara. I think it's a nice one. I like the greenlandic golden colour. Her Golden poppies looks more like the colour of urine and not of gold.
But i agree that it would have looked best on à dark haired lady.

It's slightly better looking than the Golden Poppies, but not by much. It might have looked better on her in her youth, when her hair was darker. It doesn't look good on her now, that's for sure!
All you talk about is looks, current fashion looks, how sholuld we have ANY historic jewels left if it was always to be fashionable? And the wearer, younger, older etc?...It was a very generous gift from the peapole of greenland, and maybe 100 -200-300 years from now it indeed will be very fashionable, It's not a bijouu from a cheap store we are talking about, it is the greenlanders appriceate QueenrMargarethe!

I really rather like the tiara, the shape and natural design of it makes it really beautiful. But all gold is hard to pull off and I think MII did a rather good job of it. The earrings aren't my favorite, but I think they are exactly what out Daisy loves.

for my eyes, this gold-colour doesn't suit her ... to her complexion and grey hair, I very much prefer white-gold, pearls and diamonds

I didn't like the Naasut on HM either! It doesn't suit her hair colour and it clashed with her massively blue dress! If 'one' is unkind, 'one' could say that it only matches her teeth!

viv

...but I appreciate that it has a special meaning to QMII because it was a gift from Greenland.
Exactly.
A new tiara is always a well-appreciated addition to the RF jewels.

And: Given the fact, that (parts of) Greenland is in permanent attempting to be separated from Denmark, this is a well calculated sign of diplomacy to wear this special piece.
BYe Bine

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually thought that the tiara and earrings worked well in a deep winter setting, and the navy blue velvet dress was the perfect foil for the gold. Only dissappointed that HM could wore pearls around her neck - they really did not match. If she had not found a suitable gold necklace, she could have gone without a necklace at all, IMO.

I'm so glad the new tiara has now been worn. I do think it is a beautiful piece and wonder what it might look like if worn with a golden coloured gown? It's certainly a contrast to the blue velvet dress, but I do agree that the pearls (as lovely as they are) could have been left behind!

The new tiara looks so good. It is nice to see another colour as silver at a tiara.

I didn't like the Naasut on HM either! It doesn't suit her hair colour and it clashed with her massively blue dress! If 'one' is unkind, 'one' could say that it only matches her teeth!

viv

Viv that made me laugh out loud :ROFLMAO:

I like this tiara in theory. I like the shape, the naturalistic motifs, and I think the gold would look good on the right wearer....

The problem is that I don't think it looks good on HM for reasons others have said. I would like to see it on either of her daughters-in-law before I make my final judgement, though.

I'm so glad the new tiara has now been worn. I do think it is a beautiful piece and wonder what it might look like if worn with a golden coloured gown? It's certainly a contrast to the blue velvet dress, but I do agree that the pearls (as lovely as they are) could have been left behind!

The tiara is a nice piece in itself, it's just demanding because of the amount of yellow gold. I agree that it might look better in combination with a golden or yellowish gown! The problem is that HM expected to wear whatever jewellery available to her and suitable for the individual occasion. While she undoubtedly has a "dresser", I doubt that she has a stylist. Apart from the odd advice from her dress makers, I don't see her taking advice on her general apprearance!
Still, she needs someone to tell her when she overdoes it IMO! Tiara, earrings, glasses, necklace, brooches, orders etc. If she doesn't show some restraint it easily gets too busy!

viv

Last edited:
I think it is horrible and I agree about her teeth and the tiara ... sad but true IMO

I actually thought that the tiara and earrings worked well in a deep winter setting, and the navy blue velvet dress was the perfect foil for the gold. Only dissappointed that HM could wore pearls around her neck - they really did not match. If she had not found a suitable gold necklace, she could have gone without a necklace at all, IMO.
I Agree with you, she could have gone without a necklace at all, because the pearls didn't match the tiara and earrings. Also, she already had the collar of the order who matched her tiara better.
I think I like her new tiara, even if it's all gold, because the design it's lovely. But I think it would suit best a lady with dark hair, like Mary or Marie.

Still, she needs someone to tell her when she overdoes it IMO! Tiara, earrings, glasses, necklace, brooches, orders etc. If she doesn't show some restraint it easily gets too busy!

viv

I agree with you there Viv,I found the entire look at bit too much,not quite the Christmas tree look of previous years,but far too busy!

I like this new tiara, but I think it would look better on dark hair and a more tanned skin.

I like the tiara. I think it reminds of ancient greek diadems. I would prefer to se in golden blond or read hair though. I do not think yellow gold looks good in grey hair neither do i like yellow gold in the very dark brown hair of crown princess Mary or of princess Marie. i wonder how it would look in light brown hair though, but I guess princess Isabella will become darker as she grows older.

I actually liked the dress with the tiara, but I agree that she should not have worn the pearls.

I think with the right hair color (thinking brunette or red), this really bright gold would look stunning but it's not on my list of favorite tiaras. Much better than the poppy monstrosity, though! I think a gown with gold elements to it would have blended better with the tiara, rather than the deep blue velvet. I also thought the pearl necklace was an incongruous look with all that gold.

Last edited:
Is the Naasut Tiara the only golden tiara in the world?

I love the color gold as a basic color of a tiara.

Is the Naasut Tiara the only golden tiara in the world?
No! There's the tiara Queen Sonja got on the occasion of her 60th birthday, a present from King Harald. It's not so 'massive' in appearance, but yellow gold is not a versatile material for a tiara, IMHO.

So if you ever find yourself in need of a high quality tiara, get yourself a silver, whitegold or platinum frame:p!

viv

^^^^^^
Yes, Queen Sonjas gold tiara aka the Wonder Woman tiara is not a great success either.

My Twopence: If she had worn a dress in white/yellow, brown, I think the tiara would have been a better fit. (I think she has a nice one also in orange with brown fur elements....).
The bright gold is difficult with her silvergrey hair - but I find it great, that the Danish RF seems to be the only one left to add new tiaras and play around with their tiaras/jewels.
So big plus from my side.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom