Queen Margrethe II Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
screams 'head ornament' to me.

What are tiara's if not a head ornament?

Not enough funds to make it really special

I strongly disagree. The Naasut tiara is very special. Fashioned of Greenlandic gold and representing native flora; what a beautiful concept. I'm sure the Queen was delighted with it.

I also don't believe it has anything to do with not having enough funds, rather, it was always intended that the tiara would be made of gold with brilliant cut diamonds incorporated throughout.

Last edited:
I love the Naasut tiara - can´t wait to see QMII wearing it :)

According to Billed Bladet #24 the tiara was made by Nicolai Appel. QMII has been very actively involved in the design.

The gold is from the mine in Nalunaq and the price for the materials is around 200.000 DKK = 26.910 € = 34.000 $ = 21.725 £. To that comes the salary for Nicolai Appel's work. That amount in undisclosed.

The tiara consists of 121 flowers in total of 18 different sorts, all from Greenland and all personally checked and approved by QMII! She's perfectly familiar with Greenlandic flowers.

The tiara is adorned with 110 brilliants/tiny cut diamonds.

QMII wished for the tiara to be divided into three parts when needed. These three parts can be used as brooches or hårspænder (= thingies to keep the hair in place, Google Translate won't translate that word).

On top of that there is also a pair of matching ear clips.

The gold is from the mine in Nalunaq and the price for the materials is around 200.000 DKK = 26.910 € = 34.000 $ = 21.725 £.

As I suspected, money wasn't an issue re the resign. That's a very handsome sum of money at the expense of jewellery, even by the Queen's standard's I'm sure.

:previous:
HM rarely uses the turqoise parure! I remember seeing it worn abroad a couple of times, but she normally never wears it for an incoming state visit. There are some subtle signals here, something like "OK, I'm the Queen and I'm expected to wear a tiara at these events, but you are our guests and representing a strong aconomy and since we are depending on trade with your country I won't be overdoing it." :whistling:

Just wondering what QEII would wear in a similar situation? Any recent Chinese state visits to the UK?

The Naasut tiara is very special...I'm sure the Queen was delighted with it.
Now that HM wanted a "lego"' type tiara consisting of detachable components I doubt that we'll often see her wearing the Naasut in one piece! She'll probably use the " three hairclip konfiguration" as she does with the "Melchior" floral diamond tiara. I can see why some find it reminiscent of the infamous poppies :D, but I don't think it'll be as bad! What I'm a bit worried about is the massive gold ornaments in HM's grey hair. IMO The Naasut would be better for CP Mary and her brown hair!

viv

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering what QEII would wear in a similar situation? Any recent Chinese state visits to the UK?

Viv

Normally the Burmese ruby tiara and other ruby pieces of jewellery.

I also agree that the Naasut would better suit Mary or Marie due to their brunette hair. I too am a little concerned as to how it will look against the Queen's greying hair.

I also agree that the Naasut would better suit Mary or Marie due to their brunette hair. I too am a little concerned as to how it will look against the Queen's greying hair.

I'm more concerned as to how it will look with the Queen's teeth:ermm:

Que? I haven´t photoshopped... :flowers:

Queen Margrethe hosts a dinner in honor of visiting Chinese president Hu Jintao.
Lovely little turquoise tiara with pretty earrings and large brooch. http://i49.tinypic.com/sqnoqt.jpg
If I'm not mistaken, she loaned this tiara to Princess Theadora of Greece not too long ago for her Jubilee festivities.

Que? I haven´t photoshopped... :flowers:

No dahling, I didn't suggest that you've photoshopped the photos; I suggested that some photographer did something in the editing process:D! HM's teeth are often photoshopped, but every now and then an uedited photo slips through to the mags! :whistling:!

viv

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics IloveCP I love that brooch, and I didn't think she really wore it, but you have proved me wrong.....!!!

Indeed, thanks for spotting the brooch and provided pictures from previous weddings.
I hadn't even noticed Margrethe wearing it this time.

for my eyes, this gold-colour doesn't suit her ... to her complexion and grey hair, I very much prefer white-gold, pearls and diamonds

Well I suppose it is better than the Golden Poppies......but not much better.

for my eyes, this gold-colour doesn't suit her ... to her complexion and grey hair, I very much prefer white-gold, pearls and diamonds

I think so, too. This seems a particularly bright gold that doesn't complement her hair and complexion too well.

That one is a seriously ugly tiara, IMO. Can´t understand the appeal of "all-gold" jewells, they look quite tacky to my eyes.
It´s a nice gesture to wear it since is a gift from Greenland though, I guess many women would have said "thank you" and then put it in the closet and never wear it.

:eek: This has got to be one of the worst tiaras I have ever seen!

I don't like it either,though it is slightly better than the dreaded poppies :D

I don't like it either,though it is slightly better than the dreaded poppies :D

I want to see details. What K weight is that gold? It could have been alloyed to be a gentler yellow. That would have been a better fit for most situations. This is like choosing a neon color for a royal family honour sash.

Nothing toppes the golden poppies ;)
Those pieces look like made with bad intention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom