Queen Elizabeth II - Earrings: June 2009-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you just hate bad quality pictures?
They make the lives of all decent jewelaholics (and I'm going to appeal to make that term official) all the more harder! :D

I'm going hunting!:D

And I think I found something that might indicate they could be one and the same pair. And here's another photo that I think shows that single border of diamonds.

Last edited:
The RJWMB has identified both sets as the Crown Rubies - left to the Crown by Queen Victoria.

The RJWMB has identified both sets as the Crown Rubies - left to the Crown by Queen Victoria.
I've seen the earrings identified as Crown Rubies elsewhere as well, but don't know any pictures of them. Could you post a picture or a link?

Last edited:
Ruby earrings
(not all the same)

1. Queen Mother
2. Queen Mother
3. EIIR
4. EIIR
5. EIIR
6. EIIR

All thumbnails cropped from larger images and not subject to copyright

Attachments

• QM Rubies 1.jpg
    QM Rubies 1.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 652
  • QM Rubies 2.jpg
    QM Rubies 2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 404
  • EIIR Rubies 1.jpg
    EIIR Rubies 1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 478
  • EIIR Rubies 2.jpg
    EIIR Rubies 2.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,735
  • EIIR rubies 3.jpg
    EIIR rubies 3.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 364
  • EIIR Rubies 4.jpg
    EIIR Rubies 4.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 793
Last edited:
Warren, the earrings the Queen Mother wears in the first and second pictures - those are from the Indian Ruby Parure, aren't they?

And another question, are they by any chance also known as Crown Rubies? Because I have no idea what other rubies could be known under the name. I'm asking because those earrings are definitely the same the Queen wore recently for the Garter service, but they have been identified on different boards as "Crown Rubies" (whatever those are) and part of the Oriental (Indian) Parure (which is what I believed them to be).

Last edited:
Queen Mary's cluster diamond & ruby earrings are also designated as Crown Jewellery.

Artemisia said:
...are they...also known as Crown Rubies?
The Indian Circlet is also a designated "Crown Jewellery" item.
The term "Crown Rubies" generally refers to the necklace and earrings given to the Crown by Queen Victoria (seen above worn by the Queen Mother). However, as Idmemail has pointed out, Queen Mary also designated her [similar but not the same] ruby earrings to the Crown. As a result the term "Crown Rubies" may have a wider and less precise application these days.

Last edited:
The Queen wore Queen Mary's cluster earrings for yesterday's gala performance of 'Our Extraordinary World'.
I'm in heaven because I really do love Her Majesty's ruby jewellery.

Picture shared on basis of fair use.

Attachments

• 111816003218170213_smWzfJuI_c.jpg
    111816003218170213_smWzfJuI_c.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 343
Oooh oooh la la- Divine!
I love rubies, and I want these!
I drool over all the BRF rubies- QEII QEQM, and Camilla.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm the earrings the Queen is wearing this evening ( Royal Variety performance). I thought they may be the Queen Mary clusters?
Zimbo

:previous:

Those earrings don't look like Queen Mary's cluster earrings to me.
In fact, they don't look like any of the cluster earrings in the Queen's collection I'd seen before.

:previous:

Those earrings don't look like Queen Mary's cluster earrings to me.
In fact, they don't look like any of the cluster earrings in the Queen's collection I'd seen before.

I agree - they look new...

Are they Queen Victoria's stud earrings?
Definitely not Queen Victoria's stud earrings; those earrings basically consist of just one large diamond, and this pair is much more delicate.
I was thinking more of Queen Mary's floret earrings but the more I look at the pictures, the less I believe them to be the ones the Queen wore tonight.

- Queen Victoria's Stud Earrings
- Queen Mary's Floret Earrings

Attachments

• recentvictoria_0004.jpg
    recentvictoria_0004.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 224
  • 42-16969620.jpg
    42-16969620.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 249
Can anyone confirm the earrings the Queen is wearing this evening ( Royal Variety performance). I thought they may be the Queen Mary clusters?
Zimbo

Elly C, I think the earrings are the 21st birthday gift from Diplomatic Corp refer page 82 Fields
Named the flower petal earrings. I think they are very pretty.

IMG-72.jpg

joye said:
Elly C, I think the earrings are the 21st birthday gift from Diplomatic Corp refer page 82 Fields
Named the flower petal earrings. I think they are very pretty.

I've tried to enlarge the photograph - the earrings appear to be one stone rather than a cluster of stones or a flower.

I'm still not certain the earrings are Queen Victoria's stud earrings. In fact, I am fairly certain they aren't.

Have a look at an enlarged picture of yesterday's earrings I have attached: it looks like a large diamond in a silver/white gold/platinum setting which kind of resembles a flower. Queen Victoria's stud earrings are consist of just a large diamond.

- The diamond earrings worn yesterday
- Queen Victoria's stud earrings

Cropped from larger images

Attachments

• 2012-11-19--RoyalVarietyShow.jpg
    2012-11-19--RoyalVarietyShow.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 292
  • recentvictoria_0004.jpg
    recentvictoria_0004.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 299
Artemisia said:
I'm still not certain the earrings are Queen Victoria's stud earrings. In fact, I am fairly certain they aren't.

Have a look at an enlarged picture of yesterday's earrings I have attached: it looks like a large diamond in a silver/white gold/platinum setting which kind of resembles a flower. Queen Victoria's stud earrings are consist of just a large diamond.

- The diamond earrings worn yesterday
- Queen Victoria's stud earrings

Cropped from larger images

I do agree with you about the stud - they seem to be different shapes, however or some reason I just do not see the flower shape!

Hello All! Loved reading through all the earring posts! I have created a Pinterest board with lots of these earrings = please feel free to correct and let me know what the provenance is on anything you see! Jewels UK/Britain Earrings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom