Marie Chantal, Crown Princess Pavlos Jewellery 1: Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

USCtrojan

Royal Highness
City
Phoenix
Country
United States
Can anyone help?
Has This Greek Necklace Ever Been Worn As A Tiara?, PLEASE HELP!

Attachments

• mc.jpg
    mc.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 19,862
And where did you get this picture from? I can see a watermark UK or something... Was there a picture text that tells from which event this necklace was worn?

I think I've seen her wear this necklace only once, but I don't recall what the event was. I guess that it is borrowed from some big jeweller like Van Cleef & Arpels, Harry Winston, Boucheron...

It was on a website here on les tribunes somewhere.... Probably in the greek section....... :( I can remember where I found it :( So Sorry!

I would however like to know more about it.

NO, that necklace can not be worn as a tiara as it has dangling diamonds
facing downwards.

If they were "stiff" then there is a mechanism of small tools and a band with
parts to click into place-these were popular up to the 1920s-and this necklace
is 1950s style -to - modern.

Those huge pearls she always wears, usually two strands (one is pictured above), does anyone know if those were wedding presents ?

sorry to have to post this picture as a attach but its to good to be vasted it will soon be gone

Attachments

• 109080.jpg
    109080.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 6,197
mariechantalnew2.jpg
Here's a close-up of the tiara, from the jeweler

The earrings she is wearing are from Tiffany & Co, yes the diamonds are huge. I wouldn't have a clue how much they are worth, only that they would have cost a fortune!

Somebody mentioned on the Royal Jewels of The World Message Board that the maker would have been William & son. Can't remember the price estimation but it was a considerably large sum so that the diamonds must be of excellent quality - good colour, clarity and cut.

This is the company's site:

http://www.williamandson.com/

Hey, I found from my archives a picture with the information 56,28 cts and 750 000£. Phew! And the maker is definitely William & Son.

.... And isn't this tiara very similar to the tiara Reynard posted. Tiara which was worn by Princess Grace 1978.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38179

Last edited:
I would say that they look familiar in a way, but, not too much! However that doesn't mean that MC wasn't out to try and capture the beauty of Graces tiara!

how many necklaces does she have

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 2,410
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,833
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 2,370
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 2,183
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,646
Last edited:
marie-chantal has really beautiful jewelry. whether it is pavlos or her father who purchases them, they are magnificent gems and look absolutely wonderful on the wearer.

I read in the book, People & Pearls: the Magic Endures by Ki Hackney, that all three Miller sisters have a fondness for South Sea pearls. You can see Marie-Chantal in many of these pictures wearing a strand of large, high-quality pearls, most likely South Sea pearls because they are often considered the best and most rare of all pearls, making them VERY expensive.

Since the Queen Anne Marie really has a smaller collection of jewels compared to other queens, it is possible MC purchased many herself, or he father did.

I know Queen Anne Marie only has two parures to wear, the Emerald set and Ruby set each with a tiara.....but those are for the Queen, not MC.

Although MC does borrow on occasion the tiara Anne Marie's mother Ingrid had made up consisting of the three brooches.

mc does not wear big jewllery when she is not on royal events
is there any grand necklaces she does use

I like her Fringe Tiara very much. I know that it is a very popular style, but I do admire the way that she wears hers; further back on her head.

I love the earrings she wore at Tino's christening.
I like that her jewellery is simple yet elegant.

I have admired those diamond earrings of hers for so long--they are the most beautiful things! Traditional and contemporary at the same time.:)

Does anyone know if MC inherited all the tiara's that she's worn after she was married? Or were some of them bought for her? Thanks!

George said:
NO, that necklace can not be worn as a tiara as it has dangling diamonds
facing downwards.

If they were "stiff" then there is a mechanism of small tools and a band with
parts to click into place-these were popular up to the 1920s-and this necklace
is 1950s style -to - modern.

Necklaces thatconvert to tiaras may have originated decades ago, but they are still popular. Examples would include Queen Rania's diamond necklace/tiara, and that of the Queen of Thailand. Also, just because a necklace has loose drops does not necessarily mean that it does not convert into a tiara. An example of this would be CP Mette-Marit's Amethyst tiara/ necklace.

sita780 said:
http://www.thepearloutlet.com/ssn18mm.htm

a necklace very similar to one MC wore some months ago. South sea pearls as Empress Rouge said. Magically beautiful in my humble opinion.

Thanks for the link, Sita780. Pearls are my favorite, too. I inherited some fabulous pieces but these South Sea pearls look divine! For my next wedding I want a pearl ring. I've seen some beauties. Thanks again.

Bella, how lucky you are to have inherited beautiful pearls ! Well, nice to think you could have one of these beauties at your finger ... Hope you will do it...

Has CP Chantal ever worn any of the "Greek" jewels? Seems like her mother-in-law has exclusive access to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom