Letizia, Princess of Asturias Jewellery 2: August 2007-June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm - we know there is a new tiara - but we don't see it.
What is your guess - when will it be the first time we see CP Letizia actually wearing it?

On March 7th a State Visit from Chile is coming up.

There were no SVs in 2010 (the only tiara event was the Swedish wedding with the Floral tiara) and at the last 3 events, Letizia wore the Prussian Tiara:

April 2009, France
http://www.corriere.it/Fotogallery/Tagliate/2009/04_Aprile/28/CA/12.JPG

October 2009, Lebanon
http://madhattery.royalroundup.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/2009-1019-spain-letizia.jpg

December 2009, Vietnam
http://madhattery.royalroundup.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/2009-1214-spain-letizia.jpg

I do agree it is rather sparse, needs a few more elements. But with a good updo it can look amazing, especially since Letizia has darker hair. Like Martha Louise with the Amethyst tiara at CP Victoria's wedding, it looked good on her because she has dark hair and wore an updo, it doesn't look so good on M-M because of her light hair and her open hair. I think Letizia can pull it off though!

The Prussian tiara looks much better with this hairstyle IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that everybody knows that a new tiara supposedly exists, all focus will be on it when its being worn for the first time. Maybe JC doesnt want this to happen at a State Visit because the guests could be offended by the media interest completely shifting from politics to trivia.

Maybe a "fluffy" event would be a good occasion to wear the new tiara for the first time, like a royal wedding or a birthday. And maybe this was the plan, to wear it at the Swedish wedding and for some reason somebody said no, that would explain Letizia's sour face during the whole festivities, and maybe even more sour because her SIL Cristina wore the biggest tiara of the SRF women.

The Prussian tiara is very nice and I like how it looks on Letizia. I would add some nice brooch instead of the simple safety pin (I really don't like it).

I adore the Prussian tiara, it is one of my favorites. But I do not like this Queen Rania hairstyle on Letizia. Letizia has, and can do, much better than that. And that safety pin, come onnnnnn. I hope that if Charles and Camilla do make an official visit later this month, that then we will see Leti's new tiara.

I think I like the hair, something new. She seems to be smiling which is nice, it shows how beautiful she is. I would have loved to see some better and bigger earrings but those darn stars seem to be stuck to her ears.....someone help!!!!!!!!!!

thank you :flowers:
good job
I prefer CP Letizia with updos, whole look is more festive then

And what you can see very well, is how often she wears the Prussian Tiara.... and the Shell Tiara only once. How sad, it would be much more impressive having the other tiaras more often. Nevertheless I do not know, WHO is deciding, which tiara she is "allowed" to wear.... is it Queen Sofia? She only seldom loans more impressive jewels to her. What a pity.... she has soooo many.
BYe Bine

I definitely prefer her updo/tiars looks with her hair pulled off her forehead and a less smokey eye makeup.

Nevertheless I do not know, WHO is deciding, which tiara she is "allowed" to wear.... is it Queen Sofia? She only seldom loans more impressive jewels to her. What a pity.... she has soooo many.
BYe Bine

In my opinion the decision will be taken by Queen Sofia since she owns the tiaras. Especially the Prussian tiara is her personal property so to say, doesnt belong to the Borbon history at all unlike the rest of the tiaras (apart from the Floral tiara, a wedding gift from Franco). Therefore history-wise, the Prussian and the Floral tiara are the most unimportant ones available and funnily enough the ones worn on most occasions.

Until the Swedish wedding there was kind of a rule that Sofia wore the most prestiguous tiara (the 4 remaining ones with the old Borbon history with the Fleur de Lys restricted to herself), the remaining ladies of the SRF sharing the rest with Letizia being the highest ranking member, but in Stockholm this rule was broken by Cristina wearing the Pearl tiara (worn by Sofia on her official pictures) and Letizia the Floral tiara, Queen Sofia the Shell tiara that I would classify less prestiguous than the Pearl tiara.

By the way, on earlier occasions Letizia has worn pieces of Queen Sofia and its not that she doesnt own some stunning jewellery herself (some cartier earrings, bracelet, her diamond wedding earrings etc etc) but she simply doesnt wear it.

I thought that Letizia looked quite beautiful with this particular hairdo--it was very Grecian-like, at least to me, and the tiara looked lovely, as usual. It isn't one of my particular favorites, but she wears it quite well. I do wish we could see another tiara besides the Prussian the floral (I continue to believe that Letizia would look amazing in that wonderful ruby set we see so infrequently on Queen Sofia). The Duke of Marmalade made an interesting observation, that the Prussian and Floral are the most unimportant tiaras but "funnily enough the ones worn on most occasions"--I wonder if the reason for that would be because they are lightweight, compared to the other, more substantial tiaras?

I agree Letizia looked lovely with the Grecian like hairdo and the Prussian tiara. The Floral tiara remains one of my favourites from the Spanish collection, and I think should become a real signature piece for Letizia.

--I wonder if the reason for that would be because they are lightweight, compared to the other, more substantial tiaras?

I believe this could be the reason. Can you imagine wearing something heavy on your head for hours?

I believe this could be the reason. Can you imagine wearing something heavy on your head for hours?

Isn´t that the reason, that Queen Beatrix always has severe headache by wearing a tiara? Especially the larger ones.... they really seem to be quite heavy.... and as you mentionned, worn for hours.....
BYe Bine

Didn't Diana complain of headaches too when wearing her tiaras as they are very heavy? I can imagine the CP's taking some tylenol beforehand just to help with the pain.

Didn't Diana complain of headaches too when wearing her tiaras as they are very heavy? I can imagine the CP's taking some tylenol beforehand just to help with the pain.

Yes she did. But I would be on a morphine drip if it allowed me to wear one of those beautiful tiaras.;)

Letizia doesn't seem to like wearing too much jewelry,save her rings/earings.

I may be mixing her up with another Spanish royal lady,but does Letizia own a gold cross & chain?

Last edited:
I may be mixing her up with another Spanish royal lady,but does Letizia own a gold gross & chain?

No, just different orders worn on the chest.

I dont think those tiaras are that heavy that one gets some headache but I think that its unconvenient to wear one, they are basically based on a hairband (although in pictures its clear that they are fitted and kind of upholstered) and I can imagine that there is always the thought that it could fall off when doing a wrong move therefore the mind focus is always on the head what is exhausting :graduate:

Thank you but my question was in regard to a Gold Cross & chain :D

Sorry I meant a Gold Cross & Chain as in neckware,I thought I saw a photo of her wearing the Cross of Asturias ,I think it was a Wedding Gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom