Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sancakli70 View Post
You mean this tiara its similiar
Ayah´s tiara has flowers, this not.

Old 05-30-2014, 04:16 AM
Serene Highness

I know selma its similiar but not the same :) the new two tiaras both little but beautiful, i love this tiara from ayah

Old 09-03-2014, 11:17 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
Princess Iman also worn a new diamond tiara at her wedding.
I've seen pictures of Princess Iman on her wedding day and I haven't been able to tell if she is wearing a tiara. Do you have better pictures so that I can clearly see the tiara? (or perhaps I just need new glasses?)

Princess Iman bint Al Hussein
Old 09-27-2014, 06:09 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiara Mania View Post
I've seen pictures of Princess Iman on her wedding day and I haven't been able to tell if she is wearing a tiara. Do you have better pictures so that I can clearly see the tiara? (or perhaps I just need new glasses?)

Princess Iman bint Al Hussein
Because the tiara is small and she wore it under the veil. With this tiara we´d seen twenty four tiaras in the Jordanian RF.
Old 09-27-2014, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator

Twenty-four different tiaras!? That is more than I have in my count. Can you enumerate them? I'd like to know which ones I have missed.

Edit: Sorry, I learned that the pic I had posted was stolen from a private face book account. I really did not know that before, but decided to delete the link.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:26 AM
Serene Highness

A very beautiful Tiara.... The Tiara oft Princess ayah is beautiful too
Old 09-27-2014, 11:25 AM
Serene Highness

I wonder why she wore it partially hidden?
Old 09-28-2014, 09:22 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Twenty-four different tiaras!? That is more than I have in my count. Can you enumerate them? I'd like to know which ones I have missed.
Well I forgot one, we´ve seen twenty five tiaras on their heads. I´ll post all later.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:11 AM
Serene Highness

Twenty five tiaras ? So manyyy
Old 09-28-2014, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

You are right, specially cuz its not used inside Jordan.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:31 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossina View Post
You are right, specially cuz its not used inside Jordan.
They stopped using tiaras in Jordan in the 80s with Queen Noor but before they wore tiaras in all State Visits inside and outside Jordan also when they visited republics.

Quote:
Twenty five tiaras ? So manyyy
But in Jordan there are many princesses so its normal and they have not a foundation as in European monarchies so the tiaras are private, therefore every Queen needs a new tiara or tiaras.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
They stopped using tiaras in Jordan in the 80s with Queen Noor but before they wore tiaras in all State Visits inside and outside Jordan also when they visited republics.

But in Jordan there are many princesses so its normal and they have not a foundation as in European monarchies so the tiaras are private, therefore every Queen needs a new tiara or tiaras.
Its interesting but why they stoped using tiaras? And why with Queen Noor? Financials?
Old 09-28-2014, 09:03 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:

You are right salma , but JRF do not have any special royal ceremonies that require tiaras other than formal photos like European royals. Queen Rania used tiara in Jordan for two occasions as far as i remember .. her crow nation in 1999 & 10th anniversary in 2009. That`s despite the the financial situation in Jordan.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:34 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossina View Post
You are right salma , but JRF do not have any special royal ceremonies that require tiaras other than formal photos like European royals. Queen Rania used tiara in Jordan for two occasions as far as i remember .. her crow nation in 1999 & 10th anniversary in 2009. That`s despite the the financial situation in Jordan.
Yes it´s true but many princesses have their own tiara (some of them have 2 or 3 tiaras) although they only used them to portraits (as you said). Queen Rania as Queen Noor doesn´t like wear a tiara during State dinners.

Quote:
Its interesting but why they stoped using tiaras? And why with Queen Noor? Financials?
Yes. Queen Noor wore big jewelry in official and state dinners until 1986-87 when she thought was not not a good idea wear a tiara, big necklaces or earrings at the dinners which took place inside Jordan (also she changed her clothes after the press criticized her ).
Old 09-29-2014, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

Salma didn’t say that the Royal House owns twenty five tiaras, she said “we´ve seen twenty five tiaras on their heads”. I assume that she also counted those tiaras which have been loaned (Queen Noor once loaned a tiara off Cartier, Queen Rania wore several different tiaras which were probably loaned, Princess Noor once wore a tiara which was rumoured to be a loan...).

I also think that Salma counted the tiaras of 3 (or even 4?) generations of Royal ladies. All the four wives of King Hussein as well as his sister and two sisters-in-law had or have their own tiaras. Back in those days tiaras were still worn in Jordan. And even nowadays several Jordanian Royals attend international tiara events.

Also I think that the tiaras recently seen on Princess Ayah and Princess Iman look rather modest and their style makes me guess that they are convertible into necklaces. Imo that would quite make sense.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:46 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Yes Tilia I made my list counting since the first tiara that they bought and I forgot one so are twenty six.
Tilia Queen Rania only wore a one borrowed tiara (the emerald tiara by Boucheron) and Queen Noor wore a Chaumet tiara which was borrowed to a State Dinner (not Cartier). Princess Noor´s tiara is old they have it since 80´s.
Princess Ayah and Iman´tiaras are not convertible. They also have four necklaces convertibles into to tiaras but are others tiaras.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:19 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Salma,
What about princess Rym & Noor Asem's tiara's??? ..Princess Rym wore one at CP Victoria's wedding...Noor used one tiara during a state visit with the King & queen PH.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:32 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Princess Rym tiara is an old piece bought for her in 2005. We´ve seen this tiara two times in public: April 2006 and June 2010.
Princess Noor Asem tiara is also an old piece bought in 1985.I´ll post more info later.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Princess Rym tiara is an old piece bought for her in 2005. We´ve seen this tiara two times in public: April 2006 and June 2010.
Princess Noor Asem tiara is also an old piece bought in 1985.I´ll post more info later.
Ahh thanks salma for the Informationstechnik i wait for it
Old 09-29-2014, 04:12 PM
Gentry

Here's what I have about the Jordanian tiaras but I'm sure that Salma knows much, much more than me.

1. Queen Zein Al Sharaf Talal's Diamond Scroll Tiara, it now belongs to her daughter, Princess Basma bint Talal and was worn by Basma's daughter, Farah Al Daghistani, at her wedding
  2. Princess Dina Abdul-Hamid's Diamond Lily Tiara
  3. Princess Muna Al Hussein's Diamond Tiara
  4. Queen Alia Al Hussein's Diamond Halo Tiara, it now belongs to her daughter, Princess Haya bint Al Hussein, and was worn by Queen Rania Al Abdullah
  5. Queen Noor Al Hussein's Diamond Sunburst Tiara
  6. Queen Noor Al Hussein's Diamond Scroll Tiara, borrowed from Chaumet
  7. Queen Noor Al Hussein's Diamond Ribbon Tiara (pic), according to Salma it is an older tiara that was bought in 1985 and worn by her daughter-in-law, Princess Noor bint Asem, during a state visit to The Netherlands in 2006
  8. Diamond Loop Tiara, I'm not sure who owns this tiara but it was worn by both Princess Basma bint Talal and Princess Muna Al Hussein in the 70s
  9. Princess Firyal's Ruby Tiara (pic)
  10. Princess Taghrid's Emerald Tiara (pic)
  11. Princess Sarvath El Hassan's Diamond Tiara, worn by her daughter, Princess Badiya bint El Hassan, at her wedding
  12. Princess Sarvath El Hassan's Diamond Floral Tiara, worn by her daughter-in-law, Princess Zeina, at her wedding
  13. Diamond Tiara (Sumaya)(Rahma), I suspect this tiara belongs to Princess Sarvath El Hassan even though I can't find a picture of her wearing it because it has been worn by two of her daughters. Princess Sumaya bint El Hassan wore it for Princess Martha Louise of Norway's wedding in 2002 and Princess Rahma bint El Hassan wore it during a state visit to The Netherlands in 2006.
  14. Princess Alia bint Al Hussein's Wedding Tiara (pic)(pic2)
  15. Queen Rania Al Abdullah's Diamond Tiara
  16. Queen Rania Al Abdullah's Emerald Ivy Tiara, borrowed from Boucheron
  17. Queen Rania Al Abdullah's Arabic Script Tiara
  18. Queen Rania Al Abdullah's Diamond Bracelet Tiara
  19. Princess Rym Al Ali's Diamond Tiara, according to Salma it is an older tiara that was bought for her in 2005
  20. Princess Iman bint Al Hussein's Wedding Tiara (pic) according to Salma this is a new tiara
  21. Princess Ayah bint Al Faisal's Wedding Tiara (pic) according to Salma this is a new tiara

Tags
jewellery, jordan royal jewels, royal jewels