Jordanian Royal Jewels 1: Ending Dec 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what I have about the Jordanian tiaras but I'm sure that Salma knows much, much more than me.

1. Queen Zein's Diamond Scroll Tiara, it now belongs to her daughter, Princess Basma bint Talal
  2. Princess Dina Abdul-Hamid's Diamond Lily Tiara
  3. Princess Muna Al Hussein's Diamond Tiara
  4. Queen Alia Al Hussein's Diamond Halo Tiara, it now belongs to her daughter, Princess Haya bint Al Hussein
  5. Queen Noor Al Hussein's Diamond Sunburst Tiara
  6. Queen Noor Al Hussein's Diamond Scroll Tiara, borrowed from Chaumet
  7. Diamond Loop Tiara, I'm not sure who owns this tiara but it was worn by both Princess Basma bint Talal and Princess Muna Al Hussein in the 70s
  8. Princess Firyal's Tiara (pic)
  9. Princess Taghrid's Emerald Tiara (pic)
  10. Princess Sarvath El Hassan's Diamond Tiara, worn by her daughter, Princess Badiya bint El Hassan, at her wedding
  11. Princess Sarvath El Hassan's Diamond Floral Tiara, worn by her daughter-in-law, Princess Zeina, at her wedding
  12. Diamond Tiara (Sumaya)(Rahma), I suspect this tiara belongs to Princess Sarvath El Hassan even though I can't find a picture of her wearing it because it has been worn by two of her daughters. Princess Sumaya bint El Hassan wore it for Princess Martha Louise of Norway's wedding in 2002 and Princess Rahma bint El Hassan wore it during a state visit to The Netherlands in 2006.
  13. Princess Alia bint Al Hussein's Wedding Tiara (pic)(pic2)
  14. Queen Rania Al Abdullah's Diamond Tiara
  15. Queen Rania Al Abdullah's Emerald Ivy Tiara, borrowed from Boucheron
  16. Queen Rania Al Abdullah's Arabic Script Tiara
  17. Queen Rania Al Abdullah's Diamond Bracelet Tiara
  18. Princess Rym Al Ali's Diamond Tiara
  19. Princess Noor bint Asem's Diamond Ribbon Tiara (pic), she wore it during a state visit to The Netherland's in 2006
  20. Princess Iman bint Al Hussein's Wedding Tiara (pic)
  21. Princess Ayah bint Al Faisal's Wedding Tiara (pic)
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Wauu twentY-one thats so mich ??? i think Princess rayah has her own Tiara too :)

Wauu twentY-one thats so mich ������ i think Princess rayah has her own Tiara too :)
I've never seen a picture of Princess Raiyah bint Al Hussein wearing a tiara. So far, I've only seen pics of three of King Hussein's six daughters wearing tiaras. Of course that doesn't mean that Princess Aisha, Princess Zein, and Princess Raiyah have never worn tiaras just that I've never seen pictures of them.

Last edited:
1. Queen Zein tiara
2. Queen Alia´s Cartier tiara
3. Queen Noor´s fringe tiara
4. Queen Noor´s gold and diamond tiara
5. Princess Muna´s diamond tiara
6. Princess Muna´s fringe tiara
7. Princess Sarvath ´s diamond tiara
8. Princess Sarvath´s floral tiara
9. Princess Sarvath´s second diamond tiara
10. Princess Majda´s diamond tiara
11-12-13 Princess Fyrial has two diamond tiaras and one with rubies
14. Princess Taghreed Mohameed has diamond an emerald tiara
15. Queen Rania Arabic Script tiara
16. Queen Rania diamond tiara
17. Princess Iman bint Al Hussein tiara
18. Princess Ayah Faisal tiara
19. Princess Ghida tiara
20. Princess Alia Hussein´s diamond tiara
21. Queen Dina´s diamond tiara
22. Diamond circle tiara
23. Princess Rym tiara
24. Queen Rania´s Boucheron bracelet- tiara

Also Queen Rania wore the emerald tiara (25) borrowed by Boucheron and Queen Noor wore the Chaumet diamond scroll tiara (26) (it was borrowed in 1985).

There are twenty six tiaras.

Last edited:
Princess Raiyah hasn´t her own tiara.

Ahh OK :) has anyone a photo oft the Tiara Form Princess ghidas's tiara

1. Queen Zein tiara
2. Queen Alia´s Cartier tiara
3. Queen Noor´s fringe tiara
4. Queen Noor´s gold and diamond tiara
5. Princess Muna´s diamond tiara
6. Princess Muna´s fringe tiara
7. Princess Sarvath ´s diamond tiara
8. Princess Sarvath´s floral tiara
9. Princess Sarvath´s second diamond tiara
10. Princess Majda´s diamond tiara
11-12-13 Princess Fyrial has two diamond tiaras and one with rubies
14. Princess Taghreed Mohameed has diamond an emerald tiara
15. Queen Rania Arabic Script tiara
16. Queen Rania diamond tiara
17. Princess Iman bint Al Hussein tiara
18. Princess Ayah Faisal tiara
19. Princess Ghida tiara
20. Princess Alia Hussein´s diamond tiara
21. Queen Dina´s diamond tiara
22. Diamond circle tiara
23. Princess Rym tiara
24. Queen Rania´s Boucheron bracelet- tiara

Also Queen Rania wore the emerald tiara (25) borrowed by Boucheron and Queen Noor wore the Chaumet diamond scroll tiara (26) (it was borrowed in 1985).

There are twenty six tiaras.

Do you have the ribbon tiara worn by Princess Noor bint Asem in your list? If not that would make 27 tiaras, but maybe that's what you mean by Queen Noor's gold and diamond tiara?

Yes I wrote it because the owner is Queen Noor not Princess Noor.

Thank you Salma for the great list. I have never seen five of the tiaras you mentioned but now I'm on the hunt for pictures (so much for getting anything productive done today!)

• Princess Muna Al Hussein's fringe tiara
  • Princess Majda Raad's diamond tiara
  • Princess Fyiral's diamond tiara
  • Princess Fyiral's second diamond tiara
  • Princess Ghida Talal's tiara

You´re welcome. And in your list you wrote that the Circle tiara is from 70´s. It´s older.
I´m going to write an articles about these tiaras.

Thank you Salma for the great list. I have never seen five of the tiaras you mentioned but now I'm on the hunt for pictures (so much for getting anything productive done today!)

Yes i hope de can see the photos oft the tiaras very interessant list

I´ll post a pic of them, it´s not easy find pics.

Thank you, Salma and Tiara Mania, for sharing your lists and your knowledge!

I am quite astonished that Queen Rania owns three tiaras: the diamond tiara, the Arabic script tiara and the Boucheron bracelet tiara. It seems to me that she wears a tiara a couple of times in a row, then wears the next tiara a couple of times, then the next. She does not switch back to her earlier tiaras. But maybe I am mistaken, because I don’t have dates for all of her tiara appearances.

Do you know when she received her first own tiara? Because I think that during the first years of her husband’s reign she only borrowed the tiara that Queen Alia had left to Princess Haya. But again I am not quite sure of the timeline.

Another thing that always astonishes me, is the large number of portraits that where published of Princess Haya with her mother’s tiara. I think that there were at least four different photo shoots. On the other hand I have never seen such formal portrait of any of King Hussein’s other daughters.

I am quite astonished that Queen Rania owns three tiaras: the diamond tiara, the Arabic script tiara and the Boucheron bracelet tiara. It seems to me that she wears a tiara a couple of times in a row, then wears the next tiara a couple of times, then the next. She does not switch back to her earlier tiaras. But maybe I am mistaken, because I don’t have dates for all of her tiara appearances.

Do you know when she received her first own tiara? Because I think that during the first years of her husband’s reign she only borrowed the tiara that Queen Alia had left to Princess Haya. But again I am not quite sure of the timeline.

Another thing that always astonishes me, is the large number of portraits that where published of Princess Haya with her mother’s tiara. I think that there were at least four different photo shoots. On the other hand I have never seen such formal portrait of any of King Hussein’s other daughters.

P.Alia first daughter has her own tiara .Princess Iman 4th daughter Zoo. only p. Aisha princess rayah and p.zein haven't her own tiaras or we don't know about it . i think p. Rayah becames a Tiara in her wedding linke p. Iman and p. Ayah?h

You are correct about the pattern of her wearing a tiara a few times and then moving on to a new tiara. The first time Queen Rania wore a tiara other than the Diamond Halo Tiara was during a state visit to the United Kingdom in 2001.

Here is my post from Queen Rania's Jewellery Thread about her tiaras.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ry-3-november-2009-a-25545-5.html#post1706891

I've been working lately on the tiaras of the Jordanian Royal Family. Queen Rania has worn five tiaras.

Diamond Halo Tiara - borrowed from her sister-in-law, Princess Haya, before she had any tiaras of her own

Diamond Tiara - was only worn three times in 2001 and has not been worn since

Emerald Ivy Tiara - borrowed from Boucheron and worn twice in 2003

Arabic Script Tiara - was only worn twice in 2006 and has not been worn since

Diamond Bracelet Tiara - first worn in 2008 and has been the only tiara she has worn since

You are correct about the pattern of her wearing a tiara a few times and then moving on to a new tiara. The first time Queen Rania wore a tiara other than the Diamond Halo Tiara was during a state visit to the United Kingdom in 2001.

Here is my post from Queen Rania's Jewellery Thread about her tiaras.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ry-3-november-2009-a-25545-5.html#post1706891

Hmm loans she always the tiaras or she dont want to wear the old tiaras Ehen she becomes New Tiara?

Yes but the Boucheron it´s a bracelet and the diamond tiara it´s a necklace and as you sure know, the jewellry in this royal house is personal. I think they must create a foundation because it´s a mistake that Queen Noor´s tiaras or Queen Zein´s tiara can´t be worn by the next Jordanian queens.

She received her first tiara in 2001 (the diamond tiara) before the UK visit.

No they have not posed with tiaras.

Hmm loans she always the tiaras or she dont want to wear the old tiaras Ehen she becomes New Tiara?

No. Only seems she doesnt like wear the diamond tiara or the Arabic Script tiara. Also they have not made a State Visits since October 2006.

I am for a foundation too. It is cheaper than this all princesses can worn all tiaras . its sad Ehen q. Zeins Tiara later by a non Princess Worns vor other tiaras is not by THr royal family

Exactly and we could see these tiaras in the future because when Princess Basma dies I doubt her daughters have the opportunity to wear the tiara. Same happen with Queen Noor´s tiara.

Exactly and we could see these tiaras in the future because when Princess Basma dies I doubt her daughters have the opportunity to wear the tiara. Same happen with Queen Noor´s tiara.

Its sad for the royal family its financially for Jordan not gold ??

They may sell it salma . I hope those tiaras will remain for JRF ptincesses in future.

They may sell it salma . I hope those tiaras will remain for JRF ptincesses in future.

They have not sell a tiara yet. Anyway they must change and do the things like European monarchies.

I have no problem with the sale of tiaras which the Jordanian princesses have received as new, personal jewels. Being a kind of insurance against future financial difficulties has ever and always been one of the functions of precious jewels. All the daughters have the right to a share of the family wealth, and if it comes in the form of jewels, that’s fine with me.

But I feel different about historical pieces, which have been worn by the mayor royals. It disappoints me to see that the tiara of Queen Zein, the eldest and historically most important tiara of the family, moves down to descendants which will no longer be members of the Royal House. And I find it frustrating that the Queen has no historical jewels which are connected with the history of the RF. But then that seems to be part of the mentality of the Middle East. (Please correct me if my perception is wrong!) At least I get the impression that the Jordanian Royals don’t place that strong importance on heirlooms. Maybe they value new, personal jewels more highly, because these are truly theirs, reflecting their style and personality. New jewels are not coming with the baggage of having been owned by others before.

:previous:Those are very valid points. And as salma mentioned earlier, the JRF could create a foundation where these historic jewels are preserved for future generations. Unfortunately that's really not how the Middle Eastern monarchies operate. The jewels are personal properties of the wearer. I've seen pictures of some lovely parures that will probably never see the light of day because the princess is no longer a member of royal family (divorced, ie. Princess Firyal) or because she's not a senior royal. It's all very well to own fine jewels but where exactly are the tiaras going to be worn? Not a family function surely.

Queen Noor has worn some absolutely stunning tiaras, for example, yet we haven't seen her in one in decades. I doubt her daughters will have much occasion to wear them. At least Queen Alia's Cartier tiara has gotten plenty of use. It's the most recognizable JRF tiara I think. Alia, Haya and Rania have all worn it beautifully.

Perhaps the Jordanians could follow the Malaysian example and establish official state regalia. The monarchies of the 9 Malaysian states have official regalia of their own which includes jewels and tiaras worn by the ruler's consort. All the senior Malaysian royal ladies own fabulous parures in a personal capacity as well and share them within the family. The Brunei royal family follows a similar example. For a family like the JRF which isn't immensely wealthy, it's important that of all the pieces of jewellery they invest in, at least some are preserved for official purposes.

That's a great compilation Salma! 26 isn't that bad is it?
But we haven't seen some of the old ones in a long time.
Also, I wonder who got Princess Firyal's tiara after her divorce?

That's a great compilation Salma! 26 isn't that bad is it?
But we haven't seen some of the old ones in a long time.
Also, I wonder who got Princess Firyal's tiara after her divorce?

Well two were borrowed then really they have 24. Firyal has her three tiaras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom