The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Aristocracy

What Kate Wore has identified it as an Aspery button pendant. They have a good description.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Only because I saw the blog yesterday. Frankly, I believe it is a very pedestrian piece.
That's an interesting observation, KittyAtlanta...do you think that Catherine should be wearing more substantial pieces or perhaps some (more) from HM's or Diana's collections? I'd like to know your thoughts. I like the necklace but have to agree that it's nothing outstanding. I admit that part of what I like about Catherine's style of dressing is that it is still accessible to many of us. I suppose that will change over the years....

Old 07-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalgertjan View Post
The earring of Diana looks different than Catherine's earrings... are you sure they are the same?
I don't think it's the same pair
Old 07-28-2011, 05:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fascinator View Post
I don't think it's the same pair
I agree, I too do not think they are the same pair.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:25 AM
Royal Highness

The Diana/Catherine earrings are from Diana's set not the exact same pair as Lady Ann and Grevinnan explained earlier...
Old 07-30-2011, 07:56 PM
Aristocracy

Today's earrings

What earrings did kate wear to the wedding today between Zara and Mike??
Old 07-30-2011, 08:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Those looked like the earrings Katherine wore to the concert in Canada with her purple dress.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:27 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Those looked like the earrings Katherine wore to the concert in Canada with her purple dress.
I looked through the thread about Kates jewelry and I can't seem to find any information on these earrings.. The earrings are the ones she wore with the purple dress and her hair up during their tour of Canada.Does anyone know anything about them?
Old 07-31-2011, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if it was another piece of jewelry on loan from the Queen for the Canadian visit, or a wedding gift. It would be interesting to get more info on this.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Yes they are
http://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/u.../07/610x19.jpg
Old 07-31-2011, 08:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Here's a nice side-by-side view of the two occasions at which Catherine wore these earrings. Seeing them worn at the wedding makes me think they might be a gift from William or her parents-in-law.

http://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/u...ay-Reuters.jpg
Old 07-31-2011, 09:07 PM
Serene Highness

Lovely earrings and I adore Catherine's hair that way. I wish she would wear it that way more often.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Majesty

I suspect they are part of a larger demi-parure, so lets wait till we get to see the matching necklace and possibly, a bracelet.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh, I really hope those earrings are part of a larger collection; I can't wait to see that!
Old 08-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
That's an interesting observation, KittyAtlanta...do you think that Catherine should be wearing more substantial pieces or perhaps some (more) from HM's or Diana's collections? I'd like to know your thoughts. I like the necklace but have to agree that it's nothing outstanding. I admit that part of what I like about Catherine's style of dressing is that it is still accessible to many of us. I suppose that will change over the years....
I realize that everyone's taste is different, but I am a bit puzzled that she is still choosing what I call "teenage" jewelry. Probably not the case, but it makes me ponder that she might not like her engagement ring too much. I don't think her engagement ring is anything she would have chosen for herself.

So, it really is the paradox of substantial v. lightweight stuff.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I suspect they are part of a larger demi-parure, so lets wait till we get to see the matching necklace and possibly, a bracelet.
I think the earrings match the bracelet she wore at the BAFTA event in LA
Old 08-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent

It would be great to get a photo of that bracelet from BAFTA for comparison.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I realize that everyone's taste is different, but I am a bit puzzled that she is still choosing what I call "teenage" jewelry.
Yes I agree KittyAtlanta. I find some of her choices for quite important events to be a little disappointing & unimaginative. Whereas I find her choice of designers /accessories more interesting & accomplished. I think it's interesting to make a comparison with Charlene of Monaco on this point - she has started to wear some interesting jewellery and has already acquired some quite stunning items. I have read posts where the reasoning has been that Kate/ the Royal Family are being sensitive to the current economic situation, but frankly I can't follow this line of argument. The jewels are already in the possession of the monarchy, and wearing a few sparklers isn't going to change an individual's perception about the wealth of royalty.
I think Princess Michael should take her in hand
Old 08-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm really hoping that Kate will start wearing more of the sapphire pieces from Diana's jewels. She's already worn sapphire earrings that may have come from that collection, which is a start, and I'd love to see her start wearing more of the gems on upcoming occasions. It would be shame that they're not being used because of austerity reasoning; I don't think it's any better to have any jewel collect dust from disuse. Hopefully, this will change down the road with some time, but not too long, I hope!
Old 08-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Aristocracy

As a non royal without a single piece of her own substantial jewelry, I think she'll have to take her time before she starts borrowing any of the queen's substantial pieces. Any piece that is not EXTREMELY modest and restrained will have her hounded as greedy by the press.

After she has her first child, watch out!

Closed Thread