Crown Princess Victoria Jewellery 2: June 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crown princess Victoria´s necklace and earrings, at the jubilee concert to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
I like them, they suit to the dress nicely.

:previous: Terrific look all round, especially the left arm adornment! :D

I like the necklace not the earrings. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
CP Victoria continues to wear far too much costume jewelry for my taste.
By now, she has all kinds of fake sets, not of all them pretty, worn a couple of times and then thrown out...
...while it would be much better to either invest in a few real, modern and fresh pieces, or to dig into the considerable Bernadotte vaults, with the possibility of finding new ways to wear old jewels.
The green-ish things worn with the black & white outfit look somewhat okay-ish, but that's all... imagine no necklace but diamond chandelier earrings, or a modern set of (colored) pearls - then you have a classy look.
The trouble is, her stylists seems to have a real liking for the fake stuff.

I am in total agreement Boris. The vaults are filled with beautiful brooches. Younger people seem to forget the different ways you can wear them. This costume jewelry CP Victoria is wearing is really ugly.

I agree w Boris & Rubies, the tri colored chain necklace and earrings are ALL wrong. I do not mind costume jewelry but the problem here is two fold:

One, she wears costume jewelry at in appropriate times.

Two, the costume jewelry she wears is poor in design, material and execution.

Again, Victoria is being groomed to be Queen, her jewelry should reflect that, IMO.

any one know somerinh about this earrings they look expensive
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/125/23467a.jpg
I've never seen these earrings before and don't find them looking expensive. I'm afraid that they are obviously fake.
Costume jewelry can be fun or charming, but IMHO this is neither. It's just some imitation trying to look like a grand piece, which is the worst kind of costume jewelry.
Rhinestones and probably black jet I'd say, not even onyx:

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

She could have chosen the real thing from the vast collection available, many pairs would have looked good with black, and her outfit here would have had at least one nice aspect.

The Diamond bandeau worn like a headband, looks wornderful on CPrincess Victoria IMO. I love her hair worn down and full this way. The pleated pink gown looks great on the princess, very regal indeed.

It's most likely the same.
Not a bandeau in a permanent setting, but one of the long diamond collet necklaces from the Bernadotte collection (which are rarely worn these days) put on two velvet bands in CP Victoria's hair color - placed further apart at last year's Nobel 'Day After' Palace gala, closer together and more precisely here. The hairband style suits her very well.
The other photo might indicate the end of any hopes for the rosette ('button') tiaras to be reset any time soon. I doubt that an official portrait featuring this tiara would be taken if Victoria stopped to wear it in its present form afterwards.

Crown Princess Victoria with the Diamond button tiara
http://i48.tinypic.com/2qnxu1v.jpg source: Svensk Dam
I have to say, this is the best I've seen the buttons looking. I think that the hairstyle really works well against the tiara. And, I know that many are complaining about the gown--I like it. I think it is a wonderful photo of the future Queen of Sweden.

I like the gown too. What is the story behind the button tiara. I keep hearing it has sentimental and historical value but I have no idea why?

:previous: I have to admit that they were not on my favourite list until I had seen Victoria wear them, especially the 6 Button, with her fabulous dark hair. They look very dramatic and are definitely an acquired taste, like fine wine or chocolate! :flowers:

Victoria looked so wonderful this evening. :flowers:

The purple dress would have been ideal for the amethyst tiara, so I am quite a bit disappointed to see the six buttons tiara once again. Especially after just releasing an official picture with this tiara, she should have gone for the complete amethyst look. But the necklace, earrings and brooch looked stunning on her.

I completely agree. She should have completed the look with the tiara. ;)

I agree with you both, princess gertrude & Tilia C. What a pity... Amethysts belong to my favourite gemstones and it would have been an uber-perfect look for me if she had chosen the tiara as well. However, it's lovely to see the necklace, earrings and brooch, simply stunning!

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I'm actually glad that Victoria didn't wear the amethyst tiara. With all ofthe other purple going on, it would have gotten lost in the color. And since she has been wearing the 6-button tiara better and better, I think it was a wise choice. The design of the gown with the shoulder embellishment required something more substantial than either the amethyst or even the Baden Fringe.

On a side note, I'm so disappointed that Madde was immediately pegged for her mother's tiara all these years. She looks fantastic and wears the 4-button much better than her sister has. It looks as good or better than when her aunts wore it.

I wonder if Victoria was soooooo attached to it that she didn't want to let Madeleine wear it....OR did some sort of weird tiara protocol cause Queen Silvia to intervene and suggest to Victoria that Madeleine looked more impressive wearing the 6-button? Any thoughts or opinions?

Rascal

Last edited:
Maybe she is saving it for a v special occation :whistling:

Ohh, I hope not!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you really imagine the amethysts worn by a bride? Too much colour to go with white gown an lace veil, I would say:eek:

No, it would not be my choise for a wedding... and Im a huge fan of the camé tiara and really hope that tiara is Victorias choise...but you never know! Victoria wore the amethyst tiara together v an almoust white gown in Denmark 2007 and it looked great!:)

Well, imo you can every colour stone with a white dress, as long as it is not a wedding dress! But you are right, you never know. Actually I keep my finger's crossed for the Connaught tiara. Both cameo and connaught tiara have not appeared tonight. So I think they are the strongest contenders for the wedding tiara.;)

Agree agree, the Connaught tiara is a really strong card when it comes to weddings... It looked great on princess Christina at her wedding!! (and I guess there is a forum for this subject...:)) And as you said: maybe we can count on that the tiaras that appeared tonight, we will NOT see at the weddings next year (?)

I agree with you. It was good to see a more neutral tiara being used, given the strong colour of the dress and all the other jewels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom