Crown Princess Victoria Jewellery 2: June 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
any close up on the brosch victoria wore in finland with the white dress?
http://www.bew.com.pl/ImageDetails.aspx?id=17085116
The brooch was a gift from president Halonen, who has designed it herself. She gave it to Victoria yesterday morning and Victoria was very delighted and put it on her dress in Lahti. President Halonen gave a similar brooch to queen Silvia in 2003.
b-e-w photo

Victoria´s bracelet at the dinner reception at the presidential castle
ANP Beeldbank

Victoria appears to be wearing a pair of diamond and pearl de Grisogono earrings (which, if true, means we finally get to see some real stuff and not pricey costume jewelry). But this is the only photo for now from Tuesday's reception at the Swedish embassy in Finland, so I can't really be sure.

ANP Beeldbank

:previous: earrings from November 2:

*Original images have been heavily cropped (cropped versions comprise less than 20% of the original) and not subject to copyright

Attachments

• Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 789
:previous: earrings from November 2:

*Original images have been heavily cropped (cropped versions comprise less than 20% of the original) and not subject to copyright

Thanks for the close-up Humera. They look very similar to a De Grisogono pair of earrings: de Grisogono South Sea Pearl and Diamond Earrings

But I don't think they are De Grisogono earrings. The earrings look like costume jewelry to me.

More pictures here: http://svenskdam.se/2010/11/sista-kvallen-i-finland-bjod-pa-cocktailparty/

De Grisogono or not, I like these pearl earrings! Beautiful choice! :flowers:

But I don't think they are De Grisogono earrings. The earrings look like costume jewelry to me.
That's what I thought as well. The clear stones are not brilliant enough to be diamonds. Victoria's earrings are also shorter and slightly chunkier.

Last edited:
I was really hoping these earrings would be the real deal and not another set of fakes. I'm disappointed that she doesn't appear to have received any major pieces of jewelry for her wedding. :ermm:

The deGrisogono earrings have six caps, while CPV's have only 4. As for diamond quality, the deG photo has been done under optimum lighting, whereas CPV's photo appears to be indoor lighting which would dim the sparkle. Looks like they might be diamond, white sapphire or some other white stone set in rhodium plated white metal, i.e., silver or just base metal. They are very pretty, fake or not.

and the 6 button tiara took a outing this week
myroyal's: PR

victoria will take part at the nobel december 10th as well as december 11th two tiara events

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that many people dislike the Napoleonic cut steel tiara, but I love it! And no-one looks better with it than CP Victoria. It perfectly fits her facial features and her sleek hair. And like at last years Nobel Dinner, she again co-ordinated the style and colour of her outfit perfectly with the jewellery. Luckily the high empire style waistlines are still very fashionable;).

I liked how the Napoleonic cut steel tiara complimented the empire style dress. She looked like she stepped right off early 19th century :)

I liked how the Napoleonic cut steel tiara complimented the empire style dress. She looked like she stepped right off early 19th century :)
Yes, I imagine her beside Desirée Clary and Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte:flowers:
Which once again makes me wonder who might have brought this tiara to Sweden: Desirée Clary or Josephine of Leuchtenberg? I just which we would one day find out.

I know this tiara is very significant historically, but I don't find it particularly attractive. On the other hand, the pearl earrings and the diamond necklace are magnificent!! :flowers:

Yes, I imagine her beside Desirée Clary and Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte:flowers:
Which once again makes me wonder who might have brought this tiara to Sweden: Desirée Clary or Josephine of Leuchtenberg? I just which we would one day find out.

I agree! This tiara needs the right dress, or it just doesn't seem right. I'm not sure if it's the detailing on the dress, or the high waist, perhaps both.

Just fabulous.:clap:

The happy glow on her face also helps! She looked incredibly beautiful tonight.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
i think we will se the baden fringe tiara tonight or the ametyst circle tiara.
but my tip is the baden fringe

Josephine brought it.
Josefine of Leuchtenberg brought the cut steel tiara to Sweden? May I know what your source is?

Actually, the provenance of the cut steel tiara was never explained after Queen Silvia re-discovered the lost piece by accident in the Palace in 1979.
But this year, the Nobel press release from the Palace says that it belonged to Queen Hortense of Holland, born de Beauharnais, Empress Joséphine of France's daughter from her first marriage.
I wonder whether this is true or if the Court made (yet another...) mistake by confusing it with the cameo tiara. The cameo tiara, as it was discovered only this year by a member of the RJWMB, was indeed worn by Queen Hortense, who is shown with it in a miniature painting.
The RJWMB member subsequently informed the Queen's staff at the Palace, who replied that they were very thankful because the info was new to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom