Crown Princess Victoria Jewellery 2: June 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I leave this one for boris
i am not a expert but more a colector of information and pics.
We also got Mia who seems to know great deal

LOL...Josefine! "Expert" is a matter of perspective...in my eyes you are definitely one of them in terms of Sweden royalty and jewelry. So PLEASE don't let it stop you from confirming or dispeling any of the information I happen to throw out here. Whether I may be correct or incorrect is irrelevant, I'm only looking for accuracy. And your contributions have been a huge help to me many times thus far.:wub::wub:

Just as with this situation, I have several other things that are nagging at me and will try my best to research as much as I can before posting my questions (although I seem to run into dead-ends as my questions are about really insignificant things and tend to not have a lot of background material...LOL).

Thanks all again for helping me with my questions. :)

Rascal
You're very welcome, Rascal!
Please don't hesitate to present the 'nagging' Bernadotte jewelry issues in the respective topics here, 'minor' or not - I have the feeling that there might be questions among them which have been nagging me as well!

... I have several other things that are nagging at me...my questions are about really insignificant things...
Rascal, we're a discussion forum and without questions to be answered, puzzles to be solved and clues tossed around we'd be left with largely empty posts and empty threads.

No detail is insignificant and for those with an interest in a subject such as royal jewels, a thirst for detail is usually part of the package. Fine detail is often the most interesting part of any puzzle and while some questions may never be answered, just the asking encourages the sharing of knowledge, thereby allowing us all to learn.

We are fortunate in having knowledgeable members who are willing to share what they know or consult their reference books and files to find the answer. It's the research and the sharing with others who have a common interest which makes discussion forums such as this interesting, enjoyable and valuable.

So don't feel constrained and hold back; choose your topic, find the thread, ask anything from the seemingly obvious to the wonderfully arcane, and let the discussion begin! :flowers:

Last edited:
Jumping over to Queen's Silvia's jewelry thread

Hi, Boris, Josefine, Mia, Warren and anyone else who pops in on the discussion of Swedish royal jewelry.

Since many of my questions deal with jewelry that has been worn by the queens of Sweden, I am moving to that thread...especially since Soli Deo Gloria posted a link to a Swedish Wikipedia page specifically on the Swedish Royal Jewelry.

I hope you will join me there. First question will be posted there shortly!

Rascal

victoria has worn 8 different "tiaras"

• her 18th birthday tiara
  • 4 button tiara
  • 6 button tiara
  • ametyst cirkel tiara
  • baden fringe tiara
  • cut steel tiara
  • 2 row Diamond Rivières as a tiara
  • cameo tiara

photos Imageshack - crownprincessvictoriast.jpg
I added also her hair ornament at queen of Denmark’s birthday as it were a tiara event
That would come to a count of 9 but it may be a cheat to count the brooch

i do not count the diamondarrow becouse it was not worn at a tiara event

Great eye PrincessofEurope!!!

Now she can use the V and D -necklace freely even in official duties, she has used it for years at her free time, and a couple of times also in official duties. She has had it from 2005.

Princess Victoria commemorates Folke Bernadotte's lifesaving 'White Buses' mission at Ramlösa Brunnspark
Earrings:
Zimbio

I wonder if Princess Victoria recieved any wedding gifts of jewels? I'm pretty sure she probably did, these things are not for public knowledge anymore darn it!!!

I wonder if Princess Victoria recieved any wedding gifts of jewels? I'm pretty sure she probably did, these things are not for public knowledge anymore darn it!!!
Quite right, all we can do is speculate! I think that the pre-wedding concert earrings might have been a wedding present, but would we ever know for sure?

More bold fake jewelry (and the design isn't my personal taste at all), worn once or twice, only to be thrown out afterwards...
What I don't understand is why CP Victoria doesn't finally begin to build a collection of contemporary jewels or classics which are suitable for daytime engagements and 'lesser' black tie gala events. She has practically nothing in-between the grand Bernadotte jewels and fake stuff, while a collection of subtle real jewelry would be just the thing to have in her position.
From CP Mary to Maxima (not to mention Victoria's mother), most have built a collection of 'minor' personal jewelry, but so far Victoria fails completely in that accessory department.

I would think that this is where Victorias non-interest in fashion and such is seen. Her Stylist probably helps her select her (fake) jewels and Victoria maybe just isn´t interested enough to start collecting "real" jewelry. Just a thought :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ They're beautiful, a very special design. Hope she'll wear them again soon!

^ I find this bracelet quite tacky and unnecessary. And correct me if I'm wrong, I think Madeleine wore a similar bracelet lately. Is it the same? Does anyone know?

^ I find this bracelet quite tacky and unnecessary. And correct me if I'm wrong, I think Madeleine wore a similar bracelet lately. Is it the same? Does anyone know?
You're right, Madeleine wore a similar bracelet to Nikolaos' wedding in Greece.

CP Victoria on September 3, 2010.
She's wearing a very pretty bracelet of multi-coloured beads

original images have been heavily cropped and are not subject to copyright

Attachments

• Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 323
Last edited by a moderator:
do you think this can be a real pearl?
photos from the latest bernadotte wedding in germany

original images have been heavily cropped and are not subject to copyright

Attachments

• Victoria_ukp_10.jpg
    Victoria_ukp_10.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 424
More bold fake jewelry (and the design isn't my personal taste at all), worn once or twice, only to be thrown out afterwards...
What I don't understand is why CP Victoria doesn't finally begin to build a collection of contemporary jewels or classics which are suitable for daytime engagements and 'lesser' black tie gala events. She has practically nothing in-between the grand Bernadotte jewels and fake stuff, while a collection of subtle real jewelry would be just the thing to have in her position.
From CP Mary to Maxima (not to mention Victoria's mother), most have built a collection of 'minor' personal jewelry, but so far Victoria fails completely in that accessory department.
I agree, it seems Victoria has aquired and amethyst necklace and earrings for her trip to Paris. This looks so much better than costume. I love it. :D

I agree, it seems Victoria has aquired and amethyst necklace and earrings for her trip to Paris. This looks so much better than costume. I love it. :D

she has used this necklace once maybe twice before but we never got a good close up before

I love those hairpins, but I guess they are costume. Or have they be worn as brooches before?
That amethyst necklace is lovely. I hope she starts to wear more real stuff like this.

I love those hairpins, but I guess they are costume. Or have they be worn as brooches before?
That amethyst necklace is lovely. I hope she starts to wear more real stuff like this.

the hairpins are real they usally worn to secure the sach at galas
but how many such brooches are there

i have seen 3 i think
a bit different desgin but the same size

the brooch she wore to day can be real the colours look a bit odd, but i hope i am wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom