Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 3: June 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marys chandelier earrings

The earrings worn to Charles's 6oth and another pair worn in Thailand I believe when you look closely at the flower elements in them; that they have been made up from the 14 brooches in the royal collection at Rosenborg. The Queen has worn 10 of these brooches on the sleeves of her dress but never all 14 at one time. The 14 flower brooches date from the 1840's and I believe the queen has sacrificied 4 of them to be remade into these large chandelier drop style earrings. So the cost is only for the remodelling. And why not turn something old into something more modern and useable. Queen Elisabeth remodels a lot of her stuff. Something old is something new again.:):flowers:

You refer to these 14 brooches:
Costume brooches
These have rose-cut diamonds and these 14 brooches can still be seen at the exhibit at Rosenborg.
The ones that Princess Mary wore for Charles 60th and in Thailand have brilliant-cut diamonds that are pave-set. They are probably new.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!She can do a lot of things with these beautiful brooches.I would like to see some of them as hair jewels on Mary.

it reminds me of the yves saint laurent heart brooches.
Yes, you are right. I've just found a photo in Hello magazine from June 2007 [or was it 2006?], Catherine Deneurve wearing the exact same heart brooch with two pearls in the corner and a red pendant drop, worn to Yves Saint Laurent's funeral.;)

Thanks Ayvee, you are probably right. When I first saw them I was sure they were from the Rosenborg collection of 14 brooches.

it is quite intrested to know that they have this costumes borches and ther are not real jewellery, i mean diamnosds, etc, real gems

It's an impressive jewel!I wish Mary would wear it as a necklace,too!

i must say it is very bg the one from catherine deneuve , i think theone from mary it is no so big

it is quite intrested to know that they have this costumes borches and ther are not real jewellery, i mean diamnosds, etc, real gems
:ermm: What do you mean not real gems. I thought that those 14 brooches presented here are real diamond. I thought that royals, including CP Mary, "borrow" them from Rosenberg on special events.

I have to add that during the next season you're going to see more often this kind of brooches,especially by Dolce & Gabbana.Mary must be well informed about what's coming next.

:ermm: What do you mean not real gems. I thought that those 14 brooches presented here are real diamond. I thought that royals, including CP Mary, "borrow" them from Rosenberg on special events.
They are called cosume jewels, does it mean not real, or worn as a costume/ornament?

i thought that costume jewekllery means not real gems

There seems to be some confusion on the brooches.

The costume jewelry that ashelen is referring to is the YSL crystal and red glass brooch that Princess Mary wore on January 29, 2009. French actress Catherine Deneuve wore the much bigger and larger pendant during Yves Saint Laurent's funeral. The YSL heart design first came out around 1993/94 and was seen on on the haute-couture and ready-to-wear collections until 2002 (the designer's last year). What Princess Mary is wearing is a vintage YSL brooch.

The 14 Rosenborg brooches are not costume jewelry. They are made of real rose-cut diamonds.

why they costume call them costume and they are not?

Yes, on the Rosenberg jewel site they are reffered to as costume?!

This is a case of lost in translation from Danish to English.

The word used is 'dragtsmykker' (two words: dragt and smykker) and literal translation is 'costume jewels' but the word 'dragt' means 'court dress or national costume'. So these brooches should be referred to as brooches worn with court dress or national costume.

Very confusing indeed because in English costume jewels means not 'real gemstones' so we must use the Danish meaning in this case.

I don't think I like the wedding tiara.Nothing special compared to the ruby one...

thank you so much for hte photos, i love the ruby one, the other is nothing special! althought i wouldn't mind to use it myself!

Thank you for the beautiful collection, Her Majesty.:) My favourite tiara on Mary is the Ruby tiara. I think it's the best look on her.

Wonderful collection Her_Majesty! I think Ruby tiara is very lovely.

Actually I think her wedding tiara looks much better worn as a necklace then as a tiara. ;)

Actually I think her wedding tiara looks much better worn as a necklace then as a tiara. ;)
Well, really good hairdo, tiara wear not to high and not to low and everything should be all right.

Thanks for sharing:flowers:

The nice thing abou the wedding tiara is it is a necklace and a tiara. You get use out of it. The ruby parure is useful b/c of all the pieces. But it is historical and heavy (weight), I'm sure the wedding one is a bit more easy to use and wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom