Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 3: June 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh how lovely. Those earrings look so expensive, but wonderful on Mary. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Those earrings are my favourites .... as well as her wedding ones.

About that pale pink amethyst version:are we sure that they are amethysts?It's the first time I hear that amethyst can be light pink.I would suggest pink quartz.What do you think?

I would say Kunzite. I can be a very lilac/pink shade.

About that pale pink amethyst version:are we sure that they are amethysts?It's the first time I hear that amethyst can be light pink.I would suggest pink quartz.What do you think?

In some photos where there isn't too much sunlight, the emerald cut pink stone appears darker but not as dark as the oval amethyst drop. Amethysts range in color from dark purple to pale lilac - which is close to a pink color. Pink quartz go from bright pink to almost clear depending on the light. So I think the emerald-cut ones are still amethyst because it looks darker, close to lavender, when not in direct sunlight.

Pink amethyst is also dubbed as 'Rose de France' amethyst. Just google it and you'll see some articles and images about it.

I agree ayvee that the stone is pink amethyst. I also think the peachy ones are morganite. Any idea of the cost of these?

Thank you for the information,Ayvee!It's so nice of you.Now it makes sense.

Mary is wearing some beautiful gold jewelry this week. Gold bracelets and tahitian pearls with her white dress and gold necklace and earrings with her brown dress. Always tasteful. Thats our Mary.

I love seeing just the earrings and bracelet. Wouldn't it be great to see Mary in an elegant cocktail dress with just these pieces instead of waiting for an official event to wear the whole parere?(not that it isn't beautiful)But just these 2 pieces look so so good. Why wait Mary? What is everyone's veiw on this?:D:D

No matter how much I love the bracelet and the ruby parure,in general,I can't say the same thing about those huge earrings.She's such a young and radiant woman and those things are so unflattering.She could make 3 new pairs out of them,if she wants to.lol

i don't if they are 10 carats sbut there are beautiful , pity the website does not say how much they cost! probably fortune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
I don't think amethysts are all that expensive

That depends on their weight & cut.Which means that CP Mary's amethyst earrings must be really expensive,trust me,Auntie!

That depends on their weight & cut.Which means that CP Mary's amethyst earrings must be really expensive,trust me,Auntie!
but not on the scale of Rubies, emeralds and saphires?

Of course not.You're right.In fact,amethysts are considered purple topazes and thus semi-precious stones.

That golden watch is amazing.Cartier,if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, Mary golden watch is a Cartier, it's the big size of this model
La Cote des Montres : Prix du neuf et tarif de la montre Cartier - Montres Tank - Tank Française - Petit Modèle - W50002N2
See page #19, there's many infos about it.

Of course not.You're right.In fact,amethysts are considered purple topazes and thus semi-precious stones.

Yes they are semi-precious stones, but they are not expensive at all. I myself own a big stone of an amethyst on a pendent, and it costed me only 85euros, nothing to have with the price of Diamonds, Emeralds or Sapphires.

Sephora,I meant the earrings seem expensive,as a whole,including the fine white gold etc.

I'm loving the gold Cartier watch. Mary's is the big one and I couldn't find the price. It seems to me it's about $20,000. Right?

Yes, Mary's one is the big one, Cartier - Horlogerie - Tank Française, and it costs 19.000 € (around 26000 $), it's the small one which costs 13400 € (19000 $).
Sephora,I meant the earrings seem expensive,as a whole,including the fine white gold etc.
You are right, as they seem to have around diamonds, which makes them for sure expensive.

The leaf tiara worn by Crown Princess Mary during the gala for Prince Henrik's 75th birthday earlier this summer is currently on display during a jewelry show at the Bella Centre in Copenhagen:
jp.dk - Marys diadem udstilles

It is valued at 1.5 million kroner, and contains 1340 diamonds. It is made of sterling silver, and black (doesn't say if it's black gold, or what the metal is).

Oh how I wish, wish, wish, that Mary's doting other half would purchase it for her. She looked utterly divine wearing it! It would also carry on the tradition set by Queen Margrethe to have add a contemporary tiara to the vaults. :flowers:

You and me both Marg :flowers: And your argument about continuing the practice of adding a contemporary piece to the vaults is very valid IMO (and a beautiful contemporary piece at that!). The royal family needs to do some sort of updating of their tiara stock; with the deplorable giving away of the tiara for Alexandra, I hope they will try to build up the collection again.

Oh,these butterfly/pearl earrings are fantastic!Their design is so fresh and unique!

Thank you for the links,Bonbon!

I've always thought that the gold bracelet that Mary wears often with her Cartier Golden watch was also from Cartier house, it's very similar to their design, but apparentely it's from danish jewels designer Marianne Dulong , it costs 2655 euros.

picture from BILLED BLADET

Marianne Dulong Webshop

Let me just say that I don't envy her for having it.lol
I mean,I don't think it's something extraordinary.But that doesn't mean it's ugly.
I guess it's a matter of personal taste.

Yes,and they are lovely.Not too long & not too short either.
Does anyone know if Mary has worn them before?Or is this the 2nd time after 5 years?

The brooch is beautiful,too.

If I am not mistaken, it's first time she wears them since her wedding. I thought at first She wore them with the cream Parada dress a month after her wedding for birthday of Prince Henrik, but I was mistaken http://img309.imageshack.us/img309/8458/drws66xn.jpg
Maybe somebody can help, I don't recall other time that she wore, those earrings are a classical and beautiful piece, which can be worn for years and years.

I have counted 5 other times she has worn them. This is good since I think they are one of her most beautiful pieces of jewelry. Love the brooch. 2 of the times were with the wedding tiara. 3 other were with evening gowns. I went back over old evening events. I can probably find out exactly if someone wants! Yes I love jewelry!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom